• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So far I'm counting 4 Republicans that condemned trump for meeting with an antisemite, a Nazi antisemite and the guy who said sex between 13yo boys...

Yes, because I study the enemy. Why do you run interference for him if you don't know what he represents?

Why do like the guy so much?

Prop 8 is an example of our constitutional democracy working as designed.

It was passed and the overturned by the judicial branch by the process layer out in the constitution.
There is actually no such process in the constitution. It was a usurped power.
But I'll take your lack of a "no" as an admission that you are OK with it and thus part of the problem
You are apparently ok with an unelected dictatorship overturning democracy as long as it brings the result you want. You are part of the problem you claim exists

Meeting with a racist neo nazi who wants to end American Democracy and install a dictatorship is like sneazing?
You keep making these claims which you have not proven.

Also you have no problem with dictatorship as long as it produces the results you want.

There is actually no such process in the constitution. It was a usurped power.

You are apparently ok with an unelected dictatorship overturning democracy as long as it brings the result you want. You are part of the problem you claim exists
I'm OK with the checks and balances that are created by our three branches of government.

If you don't there are lots of other countries that might suit you better.

I'm OK with the checks and balances that are created by our three branches of government.
No, you’re not. The judicial system is not authorized in the constitution to declare laws unconstitutional. That is a usurped power. It makes the Supreme Court a commissary dictatorship.
If you don't there are lots of other countries that might suit you better.
Most countries do not give their courts such direct powers. In most of Europe for example judicial court rulings set no precedent and cannot overturn laws

McCarthy is a spineless worm and can't bring himself to criticize Trump because McCarthy has no balls.

And that's the charitable conclusion.
There are maybe 3 testicles total among the entire GOP. Utterly emaaculated by Trump, and they castrated themselves willingly.

No, you’re not. The judicial system is not authorized in the constitution to declare laws unconstitutional. That is a usurped power. It makes the Supreme Court a commissary dictatorship.
Utter nonsense. Take a civics class.

Most countries do not give their courts such direct powers. In most of Europe for example judicial court rulings set no precedent and cannot overturn laws
Perhaps you should move to one of those.

Utter nonsense. Take a civics class.
Take a political science class. Read some political theory. There is no effective difference between the Supreme Court and a commissary dictatorship in essence. You only argue this because you’ve liked the results (at least until Trump changed the court)
Perhaps you should move to one of those.
Perhaps you should be less silly

Take a political science class. Read some political theory. There is no effective difference between the Supreme Court and a commissary dictatorship in essence.

Where do you get that crap?

This should help.

You only argue this because you’ve liked the results (at least until Trump changed the court)
That is a lie based on nothing. I like some rulings, I dislike others, been that way my whole life.

Most of all I like the process. The checks and balances. It's part of what makes America great. Makes me proud to be an American.

You should apologize for lying about me.

A TDS thread riddled with opinions from hacks.

Why am I not surprised?

Where do you get that crap?

This should help.

Judicial review is nowhere in the Constitution. The Supreme Court invented the power for themselves. See Marbury V Madison.
That is a lie based on nothing. I like some rulings, I dislike others, been that way my whole life.

Most of all I like the process. The checks and balances. It's part of what makes America great. Makes me proud to be an American.

You should apologize for lying about me.
The text of the constitution does not provide any power for the courts to check the Congress. Or the states for that matter.

The word "Nazi" should be reserved for those people in the 1930s and the first half of the 1940s who supported H*tl*r, one of the cruelest human beings that were ever born.

There are plenty of other nouns in English to describe people like Mr. Fuentes.
If you're out here trying to draw some sort of distinction between Nazis and Neo-Nazis you're on the wrong side already.

Judicial review is nowhere in the Constitution. The Supreme Court invented the power for themselves. See Marbury V Madison.

The text of the constitution does not provide any power for the courts to check the Congress. Or the states for that matter.

This is misleading at best.

Judicial review was the inevitable outcome of how the Constituion was written.

You're terrible at trolling.
It's not trolling. You evidently spend a lot of time reading Nick Fuentes. You've admitted as much.

It's not trolling. You evidently spend a lot of time reading Nick Fuentes. You've admitted as much.

What is 'a lot of time'? I spent enough reading about him and watching his videos to understand what he is about. It's called learning (something I understand you Trumplicans are not very keen on).

Can the master please teach us the ways of the troll?

Ah, so you do know how to quote/reply a post. Isn't that interesting.

Judicial review is nowhere in the Constitution.

You didn't read the article. You should.
It's an implied power. Been established for 220 years, since 1803.

If you don't like it you ought to move to one of the countries you mentioned that doesn't do it that way.

But let me ask you this, if congress passes a law, and the president signs it, and there is a dispute about whether or not it is constitutional, who decides?

You? Me? Who?

In the USA the Supreme Court settles issues of constitutionality.

If it becomes popular to ban all handguns and a law is passed by congress and signed by the president. And some people are saying it violates the constitution, and others are saying no it doesn't, the second doesn't mention handguns specifically, and the general welfare clause allows it........who settles that dispute?

The Supreme Court does, and has. In Heller they determined that the 2nd applies to handguns ,even in Chicago, and it is unconstitutional to ban them, even in chicago.

It's a great system.

Makes me proud to be an American.

So explain to me why Kanye would be hanging out with Fuentes if Fuentes is such a white nationalist?
It's hardly hanging out, but here goes.

Kanye is an attention whore. He's also smart enough to know that Republicans vote for attention whores and a dinner with Trump and Fuentes might get him some attention.

He probably also was having some bipolar delusion and imagined he could start to "heal America's wounds" or something.

It's hardly hanging out, but here goes.

Kanye is an attention whore. He's also smart enough to know that Republicans vote for attention whores and a dinner with Trump and Fuentes might get him some attention.

He probably also was having some bipolar delusion and imagined he could start to "heal America's wounds" or something.
OK, but if Fuentes is such a racist White Supremacist, why would he be hanging out with Kayne?

I turn on CNN for news about Ukraine or China, and all I get is more crying in their beer about someone 99.99% of Americans have never heard of.

His name is Nick Fuentes, and by the CNN's bloviators' faces contorted by sadness and anger, one would think that this Nick Fuentes was a somebody.

He believes in blah blah blah.

So what ?

He has a right to believe in what he wants, as does every American.

But with those ideas attributed to him, he is going nowhere in American politics.

He is obviously being used to further demonize Trump.

Pathetic!

Why not just claim to be a nazi and save us all those characters. Conserve bandwith.

Back
Top Bottom