• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So do I have a "case?"

blackjack50

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Backstory: a few months ago my neighbors boyfriend (who I don't know), woke me and my girlfriend up at about 1130 pm. We both get up early for work. He woke us up by screaming and pitching a fit like a goddamn child because she busted his ass cheating. Well maybe not officially but he was mattress shopping with another woman. (Yes I could hear her yelling from inside her apartment while he was banging on the door and crying and screaming like a little bitch keeping us up. We didn't do anything and he eventually left.

Event Last Night:

I shot out of bed at about 3 am to the sound of someone pounding down my door (it rattled it so much that I thought it came open at first...and it was dead bolted). I grabbed my 9mm because I have a loved one to protect. I covered my door for a second (ordering girlfriend to get into closet where the shotgun is but not to load it yet). Then I heard the cry baby. He was pounding on our neighbors door. I did not confront him He stated that he was so drunk and had to take an uber to see her (I realized he did hit my door because something fell off that I found this morning so he must have mistaken the door).

Anyway. He screamed and squealed and squalled and pitched a fit for about an hour (needless to say I am a little grumpy as I have a project I am doing for charity work at 8am and my girlfriend had to work). So we both up early again today. This ****ing panty waste has gotten on my last nerve.

Do you think I have legal recourse to call the police? I don't want to get involved (and this guy is a giant so no doubt if his emotionally unstable douchey frat boy roid raging ass got confronted I would likely have to shoot him in self defense because I couldn't fight his ass off he is like 6'7 260 all muscle). Do you think letting the locals LEOs know about him when he is doing this **** would fall under disturbing the peace?

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

As a side note: he was yelling about how she wanted him to lick pineapple juice off her lady bits. He said it, with my Hand on a bible, he said that. So public decency?

Anyway. I don't want to get her kicked out of the apartment, she is a quiet neighbor when this dumbass isn't there. This is the only other time he has been there. And she may be a damn abuse victim. But 3 strikes and this ****er is out. As soon as I complete my research anyway. And I damn sure have no desire to get involved. But if I have too...I will follow the proper channels. What y'all think? Keep in mind I'm in an apartment complex.

I would talk to the girl. Tell her, if she'd like, the next time he does something of that nature you will call the police. See what she says. I'm sure you're not the only person in the building who's being disturbed by this.

I would talk to the girl. Tell her, if she'd like, the next time he does something of that nature you will call the police. See what she says. I'm sure you're not the only person in the building who's being disturbed by this.

Bad advice.

The only way the OP can guarantee his name is left out of it is to call the police or do nothing. As soon as he talks to anyone else, there's a possibility that this goon will find out.

My advice is to contact the police and let them sort it out.

Backstory: a few months ago my neighbors boyfriend (who I don't know), woke me and my girlfriend up at about 1130 pm. We both get up early for work. He woke us up by screaming and pitching a fit like a goddamn child because she busted his ass cheating. Well maybe not officially but he was mattress shopping with another woman. (Yes I could hear her yelling from inside her apartment while he was banging on the door and crying and screaming like a little bitch keeping us up. We didn't do anything and he eventually left.

Event Last Night:

I shot out of bed at about 3 am to the sound of someone pounding down my door (it rattled it so much that I thought it came open at first...and it was dead bolted). I grabbed my 9mm because I have a loved one to protect. I covered my door for a second (ordering girlfriend to get into closet where the shotgun is but not to load it yet). Then I heard the cry baby. He was pounding on our neighbors door. I did not confront him He stated that he was so drunk and had to take an uber to see her (I realized he did hit my door because something fell off that I found this morning so he must have mistaken the door).

Anyway. He screamed and squealed and squalled and pitched a fit for about an hour (needless to say I am a little grumpy as I have a project I am doing for charity work at 8am and my girlfriend had to work). So we both up early again today. This ****ing panty waste has gotten on my last nerve.

Do you think I have legal recourse to call the police? I don't want to get involved (and this guy is a giant so no doubt if his emotionally unstable douchey frat boy roid raging ass got confronted I would likely have to shoot him in self defense because I couldn't fight his ass off he is like 6'7 260 all muscle). Do you think letting the locals LEOs know about him when he is doing this **** would fall under disturbing the peace?

As a side note: he was yelling about how she wanted him to lick pineapple juice off her lady bits. He said it, with my Hand on a bible, he said that. So public decency?

Anyway. I don't want to get her kicked out of the apartment, she is a quiet neighbor when this dumbass isn't there. This is the only other time he has been there. And she may be a damn abuse victim. But 3 strikes and this ****er is out. As soon as I complete my research anyway. And I damn sure have no desire to get involved. But if I have too...I will follow the proper channels. What y'all think? Keep in mind I'm in an apartment complex.
It's a noise violation and you have every right to your peace and enjoyment of quiet not only at night but also during the day.

I think the other thing I would be asking myself would be, IF this escalated to the point where he is killing her do you want to be the one who has to intervene? I wouldn't. Call the police, now before this whole thing goes south.

He needs help at the very least and so does she.

It sounds like he gets drinking, and goes all morose and then lands on her doorstep.

Also, I doubt he walks so he is also likely driving. Do everyone a favour.

Let the police handle it. (OYOH, you could just shoot him. Maybe just a little here and there as a compromise. Or you could call him a nutless roid ***** and watch him explode all on his own. If you decide to go that last route there, be sure to make a video of it titled, yes, "Nutless Roid ***** Explodes").

Definitely call the police, at best you will solve everyone's problems and at worst they can't do anything.

Event Last Night:

Call the police.

I actually support this advice. Try to get some context from the girl herself and make it clear to her that this is becoming an issue for you as well. She may be able to rectify the situation on her own by talking to him (or dumping him completely), but she can also warn him that neighbors are threatening to call the cops if he continues. She may even appreciate the fact that she doesn't have to be the one to threaten to call the cops herself - although she may have already done so in the past.

As to your question, there is no question that he is disturbing the peace and could be cited or warned for a noise complaint...while the event is ongoing. If you call the police now or at some time when he isn't out there banging on the doors, then the police almost certainly aren't going to be able to do anything beyond telling him that they will come back if he repeats the situation again. And if that's the case, as in you are calling them while the event is ongoing, I can guarantee that you won't be getting back to sleep anytime soon that night and the situation may escalate in unforeseen directions given his intoxicated nature and the potentially disproportionate response from the police.

TL;DR - Talk to the neighbor. Tell her that you will call the cops if the situation gets repeated and ask that she try to prevent it from occurring. And make it clear that you have her back and if things should escalate any further.

Event Last Night:

It's a strait forward disturbance call. The next time something goes down you call 911 and walk away. Do not engage either party one on one. Leave your hand gun right where it is and let the police handle it.

But act when something is happening not after the fact

Bad advice.

The only way the OP can guarantee his name is left out of it is to call the police or do nothing. As soon as he talks to anyone else, there's a possibility that this goon will find out.

My advice is to contact the police and let them sort it out.

Definitely call the police, at best you will solve everyone's problems and at worst they can't do anything.
I would remain anonymous to the neighbor, for sure!

I would not call the police, risking they see the coppers at your door, but would go down to the local precinct in person to make a complaint, and while explaining your fears I would tell the police you need to file a "concerned citizen complaint" - which in my city means the complainant remains anonymous.

The subsequent police follow-up with the offenders will make them aware their behavior has been noticed and complained upon, while there will now also be an official police document of the events transpiring there. The next time there's problems, a simple phone call to the cops (again, as a concerned citizen) should result in them paying a price for their behavior, whatever that price may be.

Above all, I would not interject myself into this situation in a known manner; you don't need to put yourself at risk of danger by the hands of a drunken irrational & aggressive individual, no matter how comforted your firearms may make you feel. Once he knows you complained to the police, you'll be in a constant state of concern of his possible retribution towards you and your property. No one wants to be checking the safety of their car all night.

As an aside: Incidents like this is why I work hard and spend the money maintaining my house, hopefully 'till my last days. I live in an extremely large city, and have lived in apartments when younger; I assure you, I've got apartment horror stories that can compete with any!

Let's see,

Should I start with the welfare hooker who was so thoroughly connected due to her clients being the local district's cops, that when the landlord threatened to evict her the cops ticketed and towed his car, telling him: "Don't ever **** with her"!

Or perhaps the place I had where the biker bar across the street moved their coke dealing operation into my building, after the bar got accidentally torched by late-night crack-heads partying after hours in the attic above the bar? (and sadly, the fire resulted in the death of a fire-fighter!).

No more big-city apartments for this boy! :mrgreen:

TL;DR Complain to the cops without the offender's knowledge

It's a noise violation and you have every right to your peace and enjoyment of quiet not only at night but also during the day.

I think the other thing I would be asking myself would be, IF this escalated to the point where he is killing her do you want to be the one who has to intervene? I wouldn't. Call the police, now before this whole thing goes south.

He needs help at the very least and so does she.

It sounds like he gets drinking, and goes all morose and then lands on her doorstep.

Also, I doubt he walks so he is also likely driving. Do everyone a favour.

He took an Uber (he said it last night). I have no desire to be involved or to be the one dealing with him if he kicks in the door. I would, but that is different. My main concern is that IF I mention this to the police...they can drag his ass off. The more people I talk to, the more it seems there is a consensus that he is violating the law.

He took an Uber (he said it last night). I have no desire to be involved or to be the one dealing with him if he kicks in the door. I would, but that is different. My main concern is that IF I mention this to the police...they can drag his ass off. The more people I talk to, the more it seems there is a consensus that he is violating the law.
sorry I remember the uber now,

they will not just drag his ass off...they will come when you call, you have to call when an incident goes down not just randomly

when they arrive they assess the incident...then they respond to the situation, do NOT report it as a noise complaint, report it as a concern for saftey ...period...

I have dealt with this kind of situation before with neighbours when I rented

if I had a do over I would report, I was young and misinterpretted the situation...I thought they would work it out even though I heard him bouncing her off of the wall and the screaming and yelling...and I pretended it would be okay

It wasn't okay, and it wasn't him bouncing her off of the wall, it was her bouncing him off of the wall

in the end...she stabbed him

he made it but I would NEVER ignore that type of noise again even if I got punched out for doing it and I am a 128 lb female

now at close to 60 I would be in her fing face regardless of what she did to me....that is my first regret

the other is a toddler covered in bruises who lived near by that apartment in my younger days...I can't even tell you the times I think of that kid, it haunts my soul

don't let this haunt your soul, you don't have to get involved directly in order to help

Back
Top Bottom