• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sloppy mask wearing.

this is all on Trump

nothing has ever been done so half ass

It certainly starts with Trump!

Half ass is the perfect description of how we have handled this pandemic. The lockdowns, The testing, PPE's, communication etc.....All half ass!

If Gavin Newsom can't make everyone in CA wear a mask, how is Trump going to accomplish that nationwide?

he could have made it significantly better.... his minions do not think, they just do as he says

Where are you getting your news from?

Literally everything I've read in the past two weeks clearly indicates that infection rates are booming again worldwide, including countries with the strictest lockdown measures--Italy, India, Australia, Korea. There's nothing "small flareups here and there" about it. As soon as a lockdown is lifted, the virus goes on as though lockdown never happened.

Hopefully this will change when... if... they ever manage to come up with an effective vaccine. That was the original purpose of the lockdowns. Because half-measures like masking and social distancing simply don't work well enough.

No, you're not reading that.
You're reading that there are flareups.
Take NZ for instance.

New Zealand On Alert After 4 Cases Of COVID-19 Emerge From Unknown Source

Four cases....FOUR. Yes, she put everyone on lockdown again, temporarily.
They went ONE HUNDRED AND TWO DAYS with ZERO new cases. She is determined to KEEP it that way.

The lady in the blue floral print dress is my third cousin, and she lives in Italy. This pic was taken August 12.

117388914_2423363437956050_5999572105705214956_n.jpg

Infection rates are not BOOMING worldwide, they're booming in places where people are doing the same stupid **** we're doing.
All you have to do is look at the charts.

If Gavin Newsom can't make everyone in CA wear a mask, how is Trump going to accomplish that nationwide?

If Gavin Newsom had Trumps support regarding mask wearing he would have had a lot more success.

I watched a woman pulling down her mask, adjusting her dentures, putting her mask back up. Top that one.

I saw an elderly woman who was wearing a mask and nitrile gloves, adjust her mask, then rub both of her eyes with her contaminated gloved hands. The eyes are the weak link in this whole mask mandate schtick, even without rubbing them.

It certainly starts with Trump!

Half ass is the perfect description of how we have handled this pandemic. The lockdowns, The testing, PPE's, communication etc.....All half ass!

Thank God, it is so different here in NY.

We do testing and contract tracing.... it freakin' works like advertised.

Still our positive tests are coming back under 1%.

Cuomo should be heading up a national strategy and we'd be successful like the European Union.

I saw an elderly woman who was wearing a mask and nitrile gloves, adjust her mask, then rub both of her eyes with her contaminated gloved hands. The eyes are the weak link in this whole mask mandate schtick, even without rubbing them.

No one said a mask is perfect and people are dumb, lazy slobs but they sure as well make a TREMENDOUS differance.

If Gavin Newsom had Trumps support regarding mask wearing he would have had a lot more success.

Lol, when you're a lib, it's ALWAYS someone else's fault.

Considering what has happened with hydroxychloroquine, it almost certainly would've made mask compliance worse in California.

The source article is from Maine Public Radio. I included the link.

If nobody is actually following the governor's orders, I can certainly believe this (and I certainly don't blame them), but how do you explain the announcement going out over MPR?

You also included the dog collar commentary from Summit, which doesn't pass the smell test. You can believe what you like, but waitresses aren't wearing dog collars. The order went into effect a week ago, and I haven't seen any changes yet. Most are wearing masks anyway.

No one said a mask is perfect and people are dumb, lazy slobs but they sure as well make a TREMENDOUS differance.

They might, but there's no evidence to suggest they do.

You must have missed the part about Newsom being the governor of CA, where pretty much everybody except weirdos living in the desert hate Trump.

What was Trump supposed to do? If he said people should wear a mask, you could almost guarantee that Newsom would say the opposite.

I live in Maine and eat out about once a week. I don't know what site you got that from, but it explains the face contraptions some of the waitresses are wearing. They're not upside down face shields, but they are clear plastic. They only come up as far as the mouth though. No one is wearing a dog collar. You should seriously consider finding a new site, if you actually believe this stuff.

By the way, Janet Mills is doing a good job; we are the safest state in the country right now, and she's still keeping an eagle eye out.
Maine was always the safest state in the country. Now it is an unsustainable state to live in. The governor has no clue. It will take a decade for Maine to recover from Janet Mills.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Wear glasses or a face shield. A face shield deters you from touching your face, if that's what you are worried about. My position about this is that people are too lazy, selfish, or ignorant about this, perhaps all the above. Why not make this a positive experience instead of bucking it? Imagine a surgeon standing over your body having a suck on his finger or pulling down the mask so the scrub nurse can hear him better. Imagine a soldier having to stand at attention for a few hours, wandering off because it is inconvenient. Sometimes you just have to suck it up.
On a positive note, I told a young lad, about 3 years old or so, that he looked very handsome in his mask. We need to encourage people for doing the right thing, instead of circle jerking about being stubborn fools.

Face shield only protects the eyes from droplets and like masks..not all face shields are created equal. Ideally you should wear both. We are required to wear both in our office for anyone in a patient facing role.

Maine was always the safest state in the country. Now it is an unsustainable state to live in. The governor has no clue. It will take a decade for Maine to recover from Janet Mills.

She cares more about lives than the money. Yes, we all need money and she's opening as safely as she dares, but at least our kids can go back to school, thanks to her making the unpopular decision. I got news for you: it's going to take the entire country 10 years to recover, and if we can keep on the right track and not have to shut down again, we'll be ahead of the game. I take it you're a businessman in Maine who's been hurt by this. We all have, and it's childish to blame the governor for a global pandemic. Every official in this country was between a rock and a hard place--every option sucked. I grumble everytime she comes out with a new order, but I know it's the right thing; it's not required to Like it. These are unprecedented times.

She cares more about lives than the money. Yes, we all need money and she's opening as safely as she dares, but at least our kids can go back to school, thanks to her making the unpopular decision. I got news for you: it's going to take the entire country 10 years to recover, and if we can keep on the right track and not have to shut down again, we'll be ahead of the game. I take it you're a businessman in Maine who's been hurt by this. We all have, and it's childish to blame the governor for a global pandemic. Every official in this country was between a rock and a hard place--every option sucked. I grumble everytime she comes out with a new order, but I know it's the right thing; it's not required to Like it. These are unprecedented times.
Not blaming her for the pandemic, for her response. Maine should have opened May 1. Unlike the country as a whole Maine is reliant on tourism; other businesses already driven out. Hawaii is probably in worse shape but Maine is close behind.

Proud that Puritan and Abbott are leading in Covid19 response. Both are hiring 1000s. What happens when Covid19 goes away?

Lol, when you're a lib, it's ALWAYS someone else's fault.

Considering what has happened with hydroxychloroquine, it almost certainly would've made mask compliance worse in California.

I know I am "supposed to like Newsom" on account of being a liberal but I honestly do not have the greatest opinion of him.
Schwarzenegger pissed me off on a lot of issues but truth be told he WAS a competent "governator", and "Governor Moonbeam" (Jerry Brown) was a better Democratic governor.

Newsom? Eh...he's "so-so"...he's really rather mediocre.

You must have missed the part about Newsom being the governor of CA, where pretty much everybody except weirdos living in the desert hate Trump.

What was Trump supposed to do? If he said people should wear a mask, you could almost guarantee that Newsom would say the opposite.

Oh please...stop.
If Trump said people should wear a mask??
You're doing a "what if" on something that was NEVER going to happen.

And by the way, That entire part of CA up near Tracy, Trumplandia.
Riverside County? Trumplandia.
Redding? Same.
San Diego? Home of OAN, remember?

Trump couldn't bring an untested vaccine to market if he wanted to. You QAnons need to stay off the computer.

Qanon is a trumpist thing.

Wear glasses or a face shield. A face shield deters you from touching your face, if that's what you are worried about. My position about this is that people are too lazy, selfish, or ignorant about this, perhaps all the above. Why not make this a positive experience instead of bucking it? Imagine a surgeon standing over your body having a suck on his finger or pulling down the mask so the scrub nurse can hear him better. Imagine a soldier having to stand at attention for a few hours, wandering off because it is inconvenient. Sometimes you just have to suck it up.
On a positive note, I told a young lad, about 3 years old or so, that he looked very handsome in his mask. We need to encourage people for doing the right thing, instead of circle jerking about being stubborn fools.

Wear face shield, eye protection and masks? What next? Well here is the latest .....the Maine governor is calling for humans to wear dog cones. You know the cones they put on dogs after they have had surgery? She wants people who work in restaurants to wear them because it stops their breath from going out and down and up into the air. it has been going viral on Twitter under the hashtag # coneofshame.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/coneofs...ovid-visors-like-dog-cones/&src=hashtag_click

First it was shut everything down for a few weeks to lower the curve. Then it went to wearing a mask. The it went to calls to wear eye goggles and now face shields and now dog collars.

This is absolutely preposterous. If YOU or anyone else is that damn afraid you need to stay home. Anyone that chooses to live in fear, wear your goggles, your mask, your face shield, your dog cone, your rubber gloves when you go out but if that is your choice that is fine but if it isn't another person's choice deal with it. People are losing their livelihoods because they are not allowed to open for business in states that have such draconian rules.

The overwhelming majority in my area are wearing masks when they can not social distance. We know now who are the vulnerable are and it is EVERYONE's responsibility to do all they can to protect them and it is the personal responsibility of the vulnerable to protect themselves because this virus is not going away just like all the viruses before it. Vaccines keep it at bay but it will forever be out there. This country needs to open back up and deal with the virus. I keep hearing all these calls for more testing. Fine. But when these draconian governors demand protesters be tested for COVID before "protesting" and if someone among them is positive with the virus and I see state authorities shut them down for someone who tests positive, until then they have no right to demand churches, schools, businesses be shut down at the drop of a hat if someone tests positive.

Freedom can get messy but freedom is equally distributed and when it is not you will see backlash rightfully so.

Not blaming her for the pandemic, for her response. Maine should have opened May 1. Unlike the country as a whole Maine is reliant on tourism; other businesses already driven out. Hawaii is probably in worse shape but Maine is close behind.

Proud that Puritan and Abbott are leading in Covid19 response. Both are hiring 1000s. What happens when Covid19 goes away?

? We did begin reopening May 1st. If you mean she should have opened the doors wide and said to hell with it on May 1st, I disagree. It would have been irresponsible to open the door to out of state tourists on May 1st.

Your opinion seems to be based on your personal wishes, not science based advice. We're alive to grouse about it. That's the idea.

Back
Top Bottom