• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Slice says hi.

Jon Slice

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
OK after 60+ posts I've decided to say HI. I have been reading this forum for a long time. A friend turned me onto it, I believe, about 2 years ago. I never felt it necessary to post because, honestly, my political beliefs tend to fall on the side of what is good for "The People" of the USA rather than along the lines of whatever politition I voted for. I just didn't see a lot of (and still don't, really) posters on here posting concerns for others. They just seem to be concerned w/ how their political gods look to others. I read a lot of defending, and justifying a government (All parties) that constantly goes against what is Constitutionally bound. Too many on here using politics as their Religion. I've read posts from self proclaimed atheists explaining how there couldn't be a god because of this or that and then read the same poster defend the actions of their chosen party to the point of obvious stupity, blindness and obvious denial. When you choose to claim an entity is creating such a utopia and the only way to maintain that utopia is too allow them total control over your life, your country and your world then that entity becomes your religion and it's head becomes your God.
As for me, my God doesn't sit in a Whitehouse making bad decision after bad decision and taking this great Country into a downward spiral that we will never have a way to recover from w/o total demo and reconstruction.

Anyway. Enough about me. You?

Welcome!

Considering this is your 'welcome' thread, I'll leave the arguments for another part of the board.

You've obviously sampled the waters..... hope you've found one to your liking. :wink:

OK after 60+ posts I've decided to say HI. I have been reading this forum for a long time. A friend turned me onto it, I believe, about 2 years ago. I never felt it necessary to post because, honestly, my political beliefs tend to fall on the side of what is good for "The People" of the USA rather than along the lines of whatever politition I voted for. I just didn't see a lot of (and still don't, really) posters on here posting concerns for others. They just seem to be concerned w/ how their political gods look to others. I read a lot of defending, and justifying a government (All parties) that constantly goes against what is Constitutionally bound. Too many on here using politics as their Religion. I've read posts from self proclaimed atheists explaining how there couldn't be a god because of this or that and then read the same poster defend the actions of their chosen party to the point of obvious stupity, blindness and obvious denial. When you choose to claim an entity is creating such a utopia and the only way to maintain that utopia is too allow them total control over your life, your country and your world then that entity becomes your religion and it's head becomes your God.
As for me, my God doesn't sit in a Whitehouse making bad decision after bad decision and taking this great Country into a downward spiral that we will never have a way to recover from w/o total demo and reconstruction.

Hi and welcome! :) There are a lot of us that don't really identify with a particular political party. You have to wonder what kind of person would agree with every platform their party represents.

Hello all,
I've been observing this forum for awhile. I have been looking for a place to share. My last encounter was on a much smaller scale forum. It was nice for a time but turned into drive by shootings of copy and pastes which left little room for meaningful discussions and mostly snarky responses. Hope things are different here. As far as my political views go, you will have to read my posts to determine that one. Cheers!

Hello all,
I've been observing this forum for awhile. I have been looking for a place to share. My last encounter was on a much smaller scale forum. It was nice for a time but turned into drive by shootings of copy and pastes which left little room for meaningful discussions and mostly snarky responses. Hope things are different here. As far as my political views go, you will have to read my posts to determine that one. Cheers!

Vesssperrrr, I can seeee youuuu. ;)

:wcm: What took you so long? :lamo:

Back
Top Bottom