• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Signs you are addicted to coffee.

SmokeAndMirrors

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Here's mine. Feel free to add your own.

For me, I am less addicted to the substance and more addicted to the ritual. I never have more than 2 cups, but my first cup has to be JUST RIGHT. New York style, 2 sugars, a bit of milk. If I have a second, I don't care. But the first one has to be right.

Well, in just another link in the long chain of annoying **** that's been happening lately, our fridge up and died. We won't get the replacement for another 3 days.

I am continuing to buy the little half-liter jugs of milk, full fat, despite having no way of keeping it cool (our fridge is now at 65 degrees and dead as a doornail). Because I NEED my milk in my coffee.

And once the milk passes 36 hours without any refrigeration, I'm just nuking it 'til it boils and praying. Haven't upchucked anything as of yet.

I WILL NOT have my first cup of coffee be wrong.

Because apparently I'm an idiot. Or a junkie. Or both.

I'm not addicted to the ritual, I'm addicted to the substance and I will cut anyone who gets between me and it. I absolutely have to have it and I do not care how it tastes or what extras are with it, I need it in my body. I make a gigantic thermos of it every morning and carry it with me to work so that I can always have it. I drink at least a liter a day.

I was completely worthless before I started drinking coffee and every time I've tried to stop I become tired, unfocused, and worthless again. My whole family seems to be this way so I think genetics might play a role.

Back
Top Bottom