• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shutdown ends

Did anyone notice the little jar on the podium next to Drumpf as he delivered his message?

Those were his gonads. Nancy Pelosi instructed him to deliver them to her as part of his capitulation.

:lamo

She owns him, and he knows it.

America offiicially began to heal itself today. Historians will mark it as such, for sure.

Trump caved with no funding for the wall?

He's done and the GOP are done.

If that's what happened it really doesn't even make sense to run a GOP candidate in 2020.

1100.jpg

:2rofll:

Did anyone notice the little jar on the podium next to Drumpf as he delivered his message?

Those were his gonads. Nancy Pelosi instructed him to deliver them to her as part of his capitulation.

:lamo

She owns him, and he knows it.

America offiicially began to heal itself today. Historians will mark it as such, for sure.

"Nancy as I like to call her...."

:2rofll:

The shutdown lasted 35 days and ended up w/no wall funding.

Trump is exposed as a little bitch yet again. All mouth, no balls.

It was pretty obvious that McConnell put up Schumer's CR to test the waters, and when he got six GOP defects, he determined the game was over and it was time to give-up.

Make no mistake, the CR might be two weeks, but you can bet that even if Trump hasn't learned his lesson, the Republican Congress just did, and they won't be eager for a repeat like this anytime in soon.

Good job, Democrats. Finally, the shutdown ransom games have been defeated.

Between Michael Bennet schooling the GOP and GOP senators' later confrontation with each other, McConnell finally woke up. He is known for having a good political read on a situation, even if he is utter scum.

No links yet.

From the Rose Garden, Trump has announced a tentative deal end to the government shutdown he initiated 35 days ago. This deal is a temporary funding bill of three weeks (February 15) and contains no funds for Trumps wall. During the three weeks, House/Senate negotiations will be held regarding border-security fund allocations. Federal employees will receive back pay asap.

This is what Democrats proposed weeks ago.

you mean that schumer initiated on December 22nd when he filibustered a house bill that would fund the government and has filibustered bills every since then.
you seem to not want to deal in facts. why do you want to continue to be dishonest in posting?

So Trump lost.

All this....winning.

But that aside, I'm glad this will come to an end. I'm sick of it.

For now. Until he tries to stomp his feet again and start a new temper tantrum in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you mean that schumer initiated on December 22nd when he filibustered a house bill that would fund the government and has filibustered bills every since then.
you seem to not want to deal in facts. why do you want to continue to be dishonest in posting?

LOL! The facts are that this is wholly and totally on Trump and McConnell.

Why try and reference something you know nothing about?

Trump hasn’t lost this game yet, but Pelosi definitely has him in “check”. I’m happy the federal employees will be able to pay their bills this month, but three weeks from now we will be in the same position.
While he might be stupid enough to try the same failed trick twice, McConnell will not be.

McConnell believed like many of us that history would repeat itself and the Democrats would agree to the ransom, but when that didn't happen and the polls showed an iriate public that blamed the GOP for the shutdown, he realized this fight was different. Now that the Republican Senators can finally breath and are out from under this pressure, you can bet they don't want to go for two shutdowns, when public opinion is so strongly against it and already blames them for this one.

If that's what happened it really doesn't even make sense to run a GOP candidate in 2020.

See the video here. It's delicious, we KNEW all along Nancy would spank the bad baby and put him to bed without supper. And that you're not getting your silly little wall!:2rofll:

It's so good it deserves a few more....

:2rofll::2rofll::2rofll:

sometimes you have to retreat before you can successful.
3 weeks to get what he wants.

now that government is open pelsoi an schumer are on the hook for what they promised in negotiations.
if they refuse to honestly negotiate it is going to hurt them when in 3 weeks the government shuts down again.

See the video here. It's delicious, we KNEW all along Nancy would spank the bad baby and put him to bed without supper. And that you're not getting your silly little wall!:2rofll:

It's so good it deserves a few more....

:2rofll::2rofll::2rofll:
3 weeks before another shut down occurs.
she didn't do anything.

LOL! The facts are that this is wholly and totally on Trump and McConnell.

Why try and reference something you know nothing about?

your posting and saying nothing again? hmm no different than the last time you responded too me.
you still say nothing.

No links yet.

From the Rose Garden, Trump has announced a tentative deal end to the government shutdown he initiated 35 days ago. This deal is a temporary funding bill of three weeks (February 15) and contains no funds for Trumps wall. During the three weeks, House/Senate negotiations will be held regarding border-security fund allocations. Federal employees will receive back pay asap.

And in 3 weeks, we will be at the same point. Dems are not, and should not piss away 5 billion dollars on Trumps BS wall

I guess good for now, but Trump and republicans will never do the right thing.

Imagine,for example, a dem president who wouldn't pass a budget to force republicans to pass gun control legislation. The hysteria that would ensue from conservatives

I think it's really apparent....he opened AND closed with threats to declare a national crisis.

It's his weakness then...it's a strong indication that he's been advised it's a very bad idea that might make him look even stupider if the courts shoot him down again and that he wants to avoid it at all costs.

But he doesnt want The People to forget that 'he has the power to do so!' In the end, this may be the way he decides to save face, "I can do it and get my wall built, but I choose not to."

All of that is true and in keeping with his "style" -- good call.

However I do not trust anything he or his followers say or do. Everything is either only a part of his plan, over stated to the point of a lie, or outright lies about the severity of the problem.

Once his girlfriend at Fox weighs in we will see. But I am sure he's going to use this three weeks to make it look like he is taking care of business, a lot of OE's making claims about the treatment of the homeless...but this is NOT the end of him pursuing some concrete and steel. I doubt he will rest until he at least has a section built.

And I suspect he has figured out by now that declaring a national emergency will mean no wall will EVER be built and thousand's lawyers will become overnight billionaires. I suspect anything to did under the scheme of a national emergency would be challenged in court, so expect five, six years before any rulings, certainly any high court rulings.

Nope I think he going to go with sleazy, because it's easy.

I imagine that if no deal is reached by February 15 that contains wall funding, Trump will declare a "national emergency on the southern border.

That would certainly result in court litigation.

if he could have successfully, he would have by now. This is a man that loves to club his opponents over the head and then bend them over the table while they are unconscious. Anybody that can convince themselves that Donald would not have already gone National Emergency if his legal advisors and his political advisors had not already gone bullet point by bullet point and convinced him that would be a loser for him has not watched Donald carefully during his business career.

Donald would lose twice. He would not get his wall and he would expose the nonsense of thinking they can stack the SC where DonDon would LOSE. That they can buy decisions.

For now. Until he tries to stomp his feet again and start a new temper tantrum in a couple of weeks.

I seriously doubt that will happen.

He and the Republicans have been sent a message: the sooner you end a shutdown, the sooner you can get a "deal", and not a minute before.

The Dems will offer $5.6 billion for additional border security, he'll take it and call it a victory, and that will be that.

3 weeks before another shut down occurs.
she didn't do anything.

You REALLY think at 34% approval and dropping McConnell or the rest of the Senate is gonna continue to let Trump play games? That's a pretty naive and myopic view, just the kind we've come to expect from you.:roll:

No links yet.

It appears Mr. Art of the Deal is actually Mr. Fart of the Deal. All air. I’m sure he will commence this **** show three weeks from now. Also.....coincidental he decides to end the shutdown on the same day a mueller indictments drops? I think not.

Someone get us out of this reality game show. It’s horrific.

Now we’ll see if Coulter, Hannity and Limbaugh approve......

There's now a chance - a small one - that the GOP will finally start jettisoning those trouble-makers and try to move back to sane efficient governance.

The trouble is they've spent the last 10+ years whipping their base into insanity over everything, boiling everything down to a good vs. evil narrative. So the base may have none of it, and cut their nose off to spite their face. Which would please me. Because there's also a growing fracture in the Dem party. And I suspect really the best situation would be the centrist half of each working together and rolling over the fringes that cause so many damn problems. (Well, ok, the right fringe has caused a lot more problems, but a lot of these far left politicians seem to have pretty reckless policies re: spending).

your posting and saying nothing again? hmm no different than the last time you responded too me.
you still say nothing.

LOL! Still can't face the fact that you've been caught lying again, eh?

No different that the last time you responded to me. You're dishonest, you get called out on your dishonesty and you run away.

I'm not so sure this will shake out as badly with Trump supporters as is theorized, once a little time passes and everyone settles down.

No one is fighting for his supporters pet cause (strong-immigration controls) as much as he is. They can see he's really trying for them, and there's no real alternative candidates. I think they'll stick with him.

Trump's former campaign advisor and long time friend arrested for matters related to their investigation of the Trump campaign?

And Trump caves on the Wall(tm)?

Not a good day for Trump.

(In Trump speak, it's a GREAT day for Trump, the best day...really other presidents have told me it's maybe the best day ever.)

So Trump made government employees freak out and suffer for weeks and for what? He didn't gain a gosh darned thing over 35 days of unnecessary national pain.

The man is callous and totally incompetent.

you still say nothing.

He showed his soft white underbelly...he oversold his threat to declare a national crisis...he opened and closed with it. Now we know it's the last thing he wants to do. Actually I bet he wants to do it but his handlers have clearly explained that the risks are high.

It's his weakness then...it's a strong indication that he's been advised it's a very bad idea that might make him look even stupider if the courts shoot him down again and that he wants to avoid it at all costs.

But he doesnt want The People to forget that 'he has the power to do so!' In the end, this may be the way he decides to save face, "I can do it and get my wall built, but I choose not to."

Back
Top Bottom