• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shutdown ends

Vesper, some want a secure border. The rest want as many illegals in here as they can get. They want those illegals in Texas and Arizona and they want them there before the census. The idea is to count all the "persons" in those states and bump up the number of representatives while simultaneously bumping up the number of Democrat voters. The GOP is done for. They'll blame Trump but they did it to themselves. They will have done it by sitting back and playing defense when they were ahead instead of going in for the kill. Trying to run the clock when you're up by 12 and have the whole second half to go just plain NEVER works. Then again, maybe they never wanted it to work in the first place.

Sorry I don't think so Luther. I usually agree with you but not this time. If you think the GOP has issues look across the aisle. If it doesn't appear Congress can come up with legislation to address the issues those in border security say they need addressed to do their job efficiently then Trump will call for a national emergency to give the border patrol the tools they need do their jobs under impossible conditions due to the feckless loopholes in our immigration policies. He will be able to make the case of incompetence in Congress. Of course it will be challenged in the courts but I have no doubt the case will quickly make it to the Supreme Court where I think he has a good chance of winning.

Sorry I don't think so Luther. I usually agree with you but not this time. If you think the GOP has issues look across the aisle. If it doesn't appear Congress can come up with legislation to address the issues those in border security say they need addressed to do their job efficiently then Trump will call for a national emergency to give the border patrol the tools they need do their jobs under impossible conditions due to the feckless loopholes in our immigration policies. He will be able to make the case of incompetence in Congress. Of course it will be challenged in the courts but I have no doubt the case will quickly make it to the Supreme Court where I think he has a good chance of winning.

I hope you're right.

Vesper, some want a secure border. The rest want as many illegals in here as they can get. They want those illegals in Texas and Arizona and they want them there before the census. The idea is to count all the "persons" in those states and bump up the number of representatives while simultaneously bumping up the number of Democrat voters. The GOP is done for. They'll blame Trump but they did it to themselves. They will have done it by sitting back and playing defense when they were ahead instead of going in for the kill. Trying to run the clock when you're up by 12 and have the whole second half to go just plain NEVER works. Then again, maybe they never wanted it to work in the first place.

That is a straw man. The fact is that people with common sense do not see that the physical was would be effective or cost effective. There are other measures that would be more effective and cheaper.

I hope you're right.

Luther while Pelosi and Schumer are taking victory laps at the moment they have three weeks to compromise and produce legislation that Trump will sign. The ball is in their court. If the beltway swamp queen who seems to have a pair bigger than Schumer can't come up with compromise including barriers that border agents claim they need then it's over.

I've mentioned several times that he wall is only on facet of border security/immigration[/B. MOre agents, more judges, technological advances, improved facilities, etc. all figure in to the plan.

If I recall correctly the Dems were the drag on attempts to make eVerify mandatory.
That I don't know, but I wish we had it. Ironically, it is no longer functional during the shutdown! :doh

You might be saying that now but once you're re-educated it will all be better!

i will probably be arrested and fine for refusing their re-education i mean indoctrination classes.

The black humor is well taken thanks for it. The invaders below were also mind snatchers too as we recall from several movies about it and them...

Invasion of the Body Snatchers 1956 Scene

"Believe me Miles, life will be so much better."

In terms of the present time we can call it the Putin-Trump Mind Meld. Yet we do have a choice and we reject it both absolutely and actively.

I give it a big chance there will be another shutdown in 3 weeks.

I seriously doubt it.

Trump's caved in once over a shutdown...he'll cave again and Nancy Pelosi knows it.
Trump knows he's on a loser if he tries it again.
Not even Trump is this stupid.

Is he stupid enough to try to declare an emergency ?

Luther while Pelosi and Schumer are taking victory laps at the moment they have three weeks to compromise and produce legislation that Trump will sign. The ball is in their court. If the beltway swamp queen who seems to have a pair bigger than Schumer can't come up with compromise including barriers that border agents claim they need then it's over.

Right. They're going to put something out there that Trump definitely won't sign and then the ball will be back in his court and we'll be back to square one. Like I said before, it isn't really his fault. It's the fault of the GOP that flat out refuses to fight for limited government and adherence to the Constitution.

The result will be no wall. Frankly, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that there will also be amnesty through DACA, no change to LPRs sponsoring family members, etc. It's 1986 all over again.

Back
Top Bottom