• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Show your birth certificate...no, your long form birth certificate!

Yes, one open toilet shared with 60 other men and fed bologna sandwiches. Sounds five star to me.

Your political lean shows why you don't get the issue: Very conservative. Did you seriously believe that Trump, the architect of this horrendous display of inhumanity, is actually a conservative?

Border detention is no different then it has been for debates. You didn’t care about it one iota until Trump was elected. I’d rather have faulty detention then be releasing people who don’t belong here into the country. If your party is so concerned about their welfare they can appropriate more money. This isn’t the Holiday Inn. I simply do not care anymore. Everything the democrats say is a dog whistle for open borders.

I lost 26 pounds over the course of two months a little while ago. Feel pretty good. Most Americans could stand to lose a bit

Yeah. When I read of the 26 lbs in 23 days, I posted to sign me up for 46 days.

Border detention is no different then it has been for debates. You didn’t care about it one iota until Trump was elected. I’d rather have faulty detention then be releasing people who don’t belong here into the country. If your party is so concerned about their welfare they can appropriate more money. This isn’t the Holiday Inn. I simply do not care anymore. Everything the democrats say is a dog whistle for open borders.

Which debates?

Or did the site from which you garnered this misinformation say "decades?"

Either way, it's simply not so. Fake news! Fake news!

It would be a crappy cop that would hold someone for over 3 wks for the reasons you gave none of which are illegal regarding the person in question.

Well, yeah, except, from that point he was held because of fraud on his and his mothers side, creating irregularity in their story and documentation.

Well if the democrats want illegals put in the holiday inn they should fund the holiday inn. Don’t moralize to me, you don’t want illegals detained at all. Your side could pass appropriations today.

Three sandwiches a day is more then enough food. Most people in this country have weight excesses of 20-30 pounds anyway. That in and of itself is not a concern

My side, lol?

For what other misdemeanor can a person be locked up for a month?

No, not indicted for a misdemeanor, let alone convicted, but merely suspected?

Do we treat possible offenders of any other minor crime in the same way? No, of course not. So, how is it a young American can be held for a month for a crime he did not commit? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

And who else gets locked up in a room with 60 others and one toilet?

I lost 26 pounds over the course of two months a little while ago. Feel pretty good. Most Americans could stand to lose a bit

Exactly. It's called portion control. Perhaps at the detention center, he was not allowed his usual gluttony.

He hadn't graduated from a US high school. No, I'm sure it's not possible to graduate from a US high school without being able to speak English.

I had a college roommate from Costa Rica who arrived in the USA in the spring without being able to speak English. He learned. Five years later, he had a degree in electrical engineering.

Oh and he spoke English.

Pretty sure it isn't. I never experienced anything close to that... in fact, most high-school immigrants that I met tried really hard to learn English.

For what other misdemeanor can a person be locked up for a month?

No, not indicted for a misdemeanor, let alone convicted, but merely suspected?

Do we treat possible offenders of any other minor crime in the same way? No, of course not. So, how is it a young American can be held for a month for a crime he did not commit? What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

And who else gets locked up in a room with 60 others and one toilet?
It is irrelevant. How we treat other offenders is not a reason to say his detention was unjust.

First off you are only detained in this manner if you do not wish to voluntarily return to your own country. This one person might be an American, but since his mother is an admitted perjurer who has no problem producing false documents (which is why he has problems in the first place) it is not unreasonable to doubt the authenticity of any other documents they produce like birth certificates. So he got subject to the regular detention for people who illegally live in the US under no or false documents

As to who else gets locked in a room with sixty others and one toilet? Well clearly other people suspected of being illegally in the country. What’s wrong with that even? If it’s a flush toilet there’s no sanitary problems there. Over the course of 24 hours the toilet can be used multiple times by sixty people. Is there a 28th amendment mandating a toilet to prisoner ratio I am not aware of?

The conditions could be the holiday inn and you would still claim it’s somehow Trump’s fault this kid’s criminal mom illegally perjured herself on visas which makes her kid look like an illegal alien.

Last edited:
Well, yeah, except, from that point he was held because of fraud on his and his mothers side, creating irregularity in their story and documentation.

And CBP ignored the original documents and explanation from the mother that went to CBP with her lawyer. Finally, after 26 days, they checked a central database that proved he was a natural born citizen and released him. An easily accessed database with an access point within their own facility CBP could have used the first day he was there.

And CBP ignored the original documents and explanation from the mother that went to CBP with her lawyer. Finally, after 26 days, they checked a central database that proved he was a natural born citizen and released him. An easily accessed database with an access point within their own facility CBP could have used the first day he was there.

True. And how many cases do they process per day? How many employees do they have devoted to such tasks?

Of course they ignored mom, a proven liar, who arrived with a lawyer, another proven liar. "No, really, I'm innocent." "Oh, well, in that case, you're free to go. Thanks for letting us know!"

It is irrelevant. How we treat other offenders is not a reason to say his detention was unjust.

First off you are only detained in this manner if you do not wish to voluntarily return to your own country. This one person might be an American, but since his mother is an admitted perjurer who has no problem producing false documents (which is why he has problems in the first place) it is not unreasonable to doubt the authenticity of any other documents they produce like birth certificates. So he got subject to the regular detention for people who illegally live in the US under no or false documents

As to who else gets locked in a room with sixty others and one toilet? Well clearly other people suspected of being illegally in the country. What’s wrong with that even? If it’s a flush toilet there’s no sanitary problems there. Over the course of 24 hours the toilet can be used multiple times by sixty people. Is there a 28th amendment mandating a toilet to prisoner ratio I am not aware of?

The conditions could be the holiday inn and you would still claim it’s somehow Trump’s fault this kid’s criminal mom illegally perjured herself on visas which makes her kid look like an illegal alien.

How a society treats its prisoners is a reflection of that societies values.

60 dudes with one toilet, in one room, no soap, no showers, being fed one choice of item.

We are better than that, and can do better than that.

How a society treats its prisoners is a reflection of that societies values.

60 dudes with one toilet, in one room, no soap, no showers, being fed one choice of item.

We are better than that, and can do better than that.

If we are better then that then Pelosi Can have a vote to appropriate funds with no conditions attached like less detention.

The conditions could be a jail cell after the kid is convicted of a crime, and it wouldn't be Trump's fault. That would be justice.

The mess at our border is demonstrably his fault, and so is the violation of Constitutional rights.

But, my point in saying that the suspects of other misdemeanor crimes are not treated the same way is that there must be something special about illegal entry. Could it be the people who are accused of that crime?

True. And how many cases do they process per day? How many employees do they have devoted to such tasks?

Of course they ignored mom, a proven liar, who arrived with a lawyer, another proven liar. "No, really, I'm innocent." "Oh, well, in that case, you're free to go. Thanks for letting us know!"

“True. And how many cases do they process per day? How many employees do they have devoted to such tasks?”

Had they taken two minutes during the time they used to process him they’d have SAVED themselves a lot of time is what his supervisor should have told whoever was responsible after that employee used what you posted as his excuse. He had an American ID and a SS card that they did not question was enough to check the central data bank. And, like I said, sans all other material he had was enough to have let him move on unrestricted.

“Of course they ignored mom, a proven liar, who arrived with a lawyer, another proven liar. "No, really, I'm innocent." "Oh, well, in that case, you're free to go. Thanks for letting us know!" “

Galicia didn’t need them to not be detained in the first place. All that should have no reflection on him and his case. That they didn’t check the central data bank was faulty performance. It should be SOP when they have enough evidence to do so, and they had the evidence.

We’ll see how the civil suit goes.

“True. And how many cases do they process per day? How many employees do they have devoted to such tasks?”

Had they taken two minutes during the time they used to process him they’d have SAVED themselves a lot of time is what his supervisor should have told whoever was responsible after that employee used what you posted as his excuse. He had an American ID and a SS card that they did not question was enough to check the central data bank. And, like I said, sans all other material he had was enough to have let him move on unrestricted.

“Of course they ignored mom, a proven liar, who arrived with a lawyer, another proven liar. "No, really, I'm innocent." "Oh, well, in that case, you're free to go. Thanks for letting us know!" “

Galicia didn’t need them to not be detained in the first place. All that should have no reflection on him and his case. That they didn’t check the central data bank was faulty performance. It should be SOP when they have enough evidence to do so, and they had the evidence.

We’ll see how the civil suit goes.

The civil suit will go in his favor over the conditions he was held in, but not on the basis of why he was help. He's gonna get money, but only because we are treating detainees at the border inhumanely.

The conditions could be a jail cell after the kid is convicted of a crime, and it wouldn't be Trump's fault. That would be justice.

The mess at our border is demonstrably his fault, and so is the violation of Constitutional rights.

But, my point in saying that the suspects of other misdemeanor crimes are not treated the same way is that there must be something special about illegal entry. Could it be the people who are accused of that crime?

There is something special about illegal entry, the suspects usually have no right to legally be here and thus cannot be released on bail because their entire plan was to be present here in violation of the law in the first place. If more of them choose to violate the law then we have capacity for in traditional facilities then as far as I am concerned they’ve consented to whatever level of detention we can provide.

The mess as the Border is not Trump’s fault. If the congress and the Democratic Party were on board with mass incarceration and deportations and there was no political controversy over deporting illegal aliens who were brought here as children then illegal crossings would slow to a trickle

Doesn't matter what Momma did. There's no excuse for the way Galicia was treated in detention.

Nobody should be treated that way. Not citizens, not aliens, not dogs. Nobody. But for Trump it's a strategy designed to make people so desperate that they'll agree to anything to get out and designed to make other brown non-Americans so scared of American that they won't try to seek refuge here. He is using these desperate people as pawns. This American citizen, Galicia, now gives us a firsthand account of just how dire things are in the corrupt system that Trump is cultivating as a strategy to intimidate people.

They’re not coming to seek refuge, they’re coming to live in a welfare state. Mexico is not worse then the majority of countries in the world. Hence no reason to need to seek refuge

There is something special about illegal entry, the suspects usually have no right to legally be here and thus cannot be released on bail because their entire plan was to be present here in violation of the law in the first place. If more of them choose to violate the law then we have capacity for in traditional facilities then as far as I am concerned they’ve consented to whatever level of detention we can provide.

The mess as the Border is not Trump’s fault. If the congress and the Democratic Party were on board with mass incarceration and deportations and there was no political controversy over deporting illegal aliens who were brought here as children then illegal crossings would slow to a trickle

Most of the people now being detained are not illegal aliens at all, but asylum seekers from Central America.

and there should be no controversy over deporting the "dreamers." They should be considered Americans.

Illegals were deported regularly prior to trump's election, and without forcibly separating families, and without the use of concentration camps, but that's not really the way to end illegal immigration. What really needs to be done is to enforce the law against hiring illegal labor. Do that, and most of them will go home on their own.

Most of the people now being detained are not illegal aliens at all, but asylum seekers from Central America.

and there should be no controversy over deporting the "dreamers." They should be considered Americans.

Illegals were deported regularly prior to trump's election, and without forcibly separating families, and without the use of concentration camps, but that's not really the way to end illegal immigration. What really needs to be done is to enforce the law against hiring illegal labor. Do that, and most of them will go home on their own.

There is nothing in Central America to seek asylum from. They are illegal entrants who claim asylum if caught hoping for a court date they plan to not attend.

There is no forcible separation of families, separation is by consent. As in the law is a matter of public record and by choosing to break it you gave consent to its procedures. And also yes we’ve always used mass detention for illegal migrants.

“Dreamers” are Not Americans, they are illegal aliens with counterfeit documents (I say counterfeit because the law specifically lays out how many immigrant visas may be granted, however Obama and the courts simply ignored congressional law and have them all work papers)

There is nothing in Central America to seek asylum from. They are illegal entrants who claim asylum if caught hoping for a court date they plan to not attend.

There is no forcible separation of families, separation is by consent. As in the law is a matter of public record and by choosing to break it you gave consent to its procedures. And also yes we’ve always used mass detention for illegal migrants.

“Dreamers” are Not Americans, they are illegal aliens with counterfeit documents (I say counterfeit because the law specifically lays out how many immigrant visas may be granted, however Obama and the courts simply ignored congressional law and have them all work papers)

“Your paperz are not in OhrDer.”

U.S. Citizen Detained For Weeks, Nearly Deported By Immigration Officials

At least he gave us a description of what it's really like inside the detention centers, and it's quite different from Trump's description.

I did not realize this guy had a copy of his birth certificate on him. This should have been cleared up in twenty minutes.

Anyone else besides me travel domestically with passport just in case you lose your state ID and can not get on the plane?

1 There is nothing in Central America to seek asylum from. They are illegal entrants who claim asylum if caught hoping for a court date they plan to not attend.

2 There is no forcible separation of families, separation is by consent. As in the law is a matter of public record and by choosing to break it you gave consent to its procedures. And also yes we’ve always used mass detention for illegal migrants.

3 “Dreamers” are Not Americans, they are illegal aliens with counterfeit documents (I say counterfeit because the law specifically lays out how many immigrant visas may be granted, however Obama and the courts simply ignored congressional law and have them all work papers)

1 Then take some of the asylum seekers to court and show that there is "nothing to seek asylum from" in Central America. That should give a real boost to tourism in El Salvador, showing that their nation hasn't been taken over by street gangs funded by drug money from the USA.

2. That simply is not true. Children have been separated from their families, and many of them are still separated. The government, being what it is, lost track of where the parents even are.

3. They were raised in the USA, they were educated in the USA, many are veterans of the US armed forces, none of them are felons (by definition). They are Americans. Why punish them for what their parents did when they were toddlers? That makes no sense.

If we're serious about ending illegal immigration, then we need to enforce the law against hiring illegal labor. Why is it that hasn't been done in the past several administrations?

Back
Top Bottom