• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Vitamins Such As Vitamin C Have To Be Prescribed By A Doctor?

debate_junkie said:
Touchy. Touchy. Did I strike a nerve? I would reinsert my entire post. However, you missed a few BIG words at the end of my post. It was all I could find... AT THE MOMENT.

Wow.. and this is the part of the political climate that makes me crazy. People who get defensive and resort to junior high school name calling.. when someone wonder's if they've confused the issue, not out of stupidity, but out of being human.

I would return the name calling. But you've made more of a point with your "intellectuality" (or lack there of) than I ever could.

Yes you struck a nerve. I apologize. I owe all you an apology that was pathetic. I stnad corrected. When someone is walking down a road and 90 dogs out of a hundred bight him the day before, the next day he comes down that road (given he does for some lame reason) one can come up to rub against him and he may just kick him thinking hes trying to bite. I jumped to blind conclusions and paid no attention to what you said.

Urethra Franklin said:
Babe, have you ever seen people in liver failure due to "herbal remedies" or even vitamin A overdose? It ain't a pretty sight.

Think of the money you'd save not taking those unnecessary vitamins? I'm sure you know how to eat right?

no i havent. ive spent time in hospitals and have seen severe liver damage but not from any kind of herbals. sure, it happens, but thats what the FDA is for. when an OTC drug is causing problems, like a ephedra for example, its pulled from the shelves or must be thoroughly tested until it has their formal approval.

and as far as myself, i eat very well and take nutrition seriously, which is why i rely so much on vitamin and protein supplements. on a day like today i wouldnt need to worry about it because im not working and able to eat right. but what happens when im working a 48 hour shift, eating and sleeping sparatically because im constantly on call? if im not getting my RDA for vitamin E, i can supplement it. if i only got 150 grams of protein, i can drink a shake to make up for another 40.

i think certain OTC supplements should be on close watch and, depending on ingredients, be required to go through a certain amount of FDA testing just to hit shelves, but banning vitamins would be a huge mistake.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
Yes you struck a nerve. I apologize. I owe all you an apology that was pathetic. I stnad corrected. When someone is walking down a road and 90 dogs out of a hundred bight him the day before, the next day he comes down that road (given he does for some lame reason) one can come up to rub against him and he may just kick him thinking hes trying to bite. I jumped to blind conclusions and paid no attention to what you said.

You have my respect. Not many would come back and admit they were wrong. Just do me a favor... don't play with anymore dogs if you don't want to get bit... and that is a joke! :rofl

Hell No ! you want to make the Republicans and President Bush richer ! President Bush is in with Big Oil and Big drugs. Why the American people haven't figure that out yet is amazing !

Back
Top Bottom