• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Twitter ban Donald Trump?

Should twitter ban Donald Trump

• Total voters
You seem to not understand the definition of "public accommodation."

So which way would you rather have it? Do you want the baker to be forced to bake the cake and Twitter has to allow all legal speech, or do you want the baker to be able to deny the homosexual couple and Twitter can ban whomever they want?

There is no other possibility, at least based on your interpretation of the law.

That's up to them. They're a private company and can do whatever they want that doesn't break an existing law.

How old are you liberals that think it’s ok to censor speech, just go ahead with it so the government will get involved with Twitter and other social media to be fair.
Do y’all understand that if you keep pushing censorship it will eventually come back to censor y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I voted NO. I believe giving him all the rope he needs to hang himself is a good strategy.

No. He's doing an excellent job of tweeting perjurious statements that which will most likely be used to put him away.

How old are you liberals that think it’s ok to censor speech, just go ahead with it so the government will get involved with Twitter and other social media to be fair.
Do y’all understand that if you keep pushing censorship it will eventually come back to censor y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:damn I'm a lifelong :elephantf and I've been on this Earth for over a half century.

He is the biggest troll on twitter. What are Twitter's terms of service? There are far less egregious offenses that have gotten people banned from Twitter.
Yes they should if they would ban him of were somebody else. Not doing so makes them cowards and no less facist than they already are.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

On the other hand everything he tweets there is a matter of public record and if it could be demonstrated in say a court case, or a congressional hearing, that the president was using public discourse to, just for example, obstruct a special counsel investigation, then everything he tweeted could potentially be used as evidence.

Oh wait...

I wish Trump was on this site.

That's Twitter's call, of course, but I hope they don't. Although he certainly uses the platform to troll, he also uses it to create extra legal exposure for himself (I'll bet more than a few tweets will be used as evidence of Obstruction of Justice when Mueller is finished), and without it he wouldn't have confirmed Michael Cohen's new claims this morning.

No, I don't think Twitter should ban him. The President of the United States is a special category. A window into how he thinks has value, His own words can be used against him. His twitter activity can establish time lines.
So heck no.

So you believe the president doesn’t have to follow any rules and is above them all, got it.

Which rule did he break? Be specific to the terms of service.

Thanks in advance.

I wish Trump was on this site.

He would drive certain posters here to suicide. He probably would take over as moderator and start giving infractions to many posters.

At least those who had his back would get promotions on this forum.

Which rule did he break? Be specific to the terms of service.

Thanks in advance.

Here:

We reserve the right to remove Content that violates the User Agreement, including for example, copyright or trademark violations, impersonation, unlawful conduct, or harassment.

Trump has constantly harassed people on Twitter.

Abusive Behavior

We believe in freedom of expression and open dialogue, but that means little as an underlying philosophy if voices are silenced because people are afraid to speak up. In order to ensure that people feel safe expressing diverse opinions and beliefs, we prohibit behavior that crosses the line into abuse, including behavior that harasses, intimidates, or uses fear to silence another user’s voice.

Context matters when evaluating for abusive behavior and determining appropriate enforcement actions. Factors we may take into consideration include, but are not limited to whether:

the behavior is targeted at an individual or group of people;
the report has been filed by the target of the abuse or a bystander;
the behavior is newsworthy and in the legitimate public interest.

Trump's tweets have been nothing but harassment and bullying of people, groups and individuals.

Should a telephone company be able to boot you from their service if you say something racist on a phone conversation with a friend?

You've been on a site for 9 years now that has TOS. Do you have a problem with private owners of this site imposing rules that regulate acceptable conduct? If you had a website, don't you think you have the right to ban some asshole who decides it's a fun game to troll you and trash your place?

How old are you conservatives who want the government to step in and tell DP and Twitter and everyone else that accepts comments or product reviews from the public that they can't ban trolls and offensive a**holes or bots or just morons or guys named JasperL from their private site?

No. The White House and DoJ consider Trumps Tweets official WH statements.

They'll certainly help to convict him.

If they want to? Yes, absolutely.
No, they shouldn't.

I'm of a mind that free speech may have to start applying to places like twitter, because it's effectively a public square in the digital realm, no matter it's private ownership.

I may think Trump an asshole with the worst of intentions and methods, but that doesn't mean he or anyone else gets censored.
I'd like to see consequences for him as a result of his actions and words, however.

He is the biggest troll on twitter. What are Twitter's terms of service? There are far less egregious offenses that have gotten people banned from Twitter.

Twitter probably does want to ban Trump. But doing so will probably boost their competition.

Sure, why not. They pick and choose who violates their TOS and who doesn't.

Even Google discussed burying conservative news "where no one will find it".

Think of what a peaceful country you will have when the tech friendly party runs it all.

No, they shouldn't.

I'm of a mind that free speech may have to start applying to places like twitter, because it's effectively a public square in the digital realm, no matter it's private ownership.

I may think Trump an asshole with the worst of intentions and methods, but that doesn't mean he or anyone else gets censored.
I'd like to see consequences for him as a result of his actions and words, however.

I agree completely and would go one step further. There’s free speech as a legal right but also free speech as an ideal that a free society should promote in general. Yes Twitter may have the legal right to suppress free speech on their platform but is that really the society we want to live in?

This thread shows just how much the Democratic Party is at war with freedom of speech and want any opinion or belief they do not agree with literally banned.

We can also see that all the complaints about the Citizens United ruling also were fake in that most Democrats go along with their party's stance that the wealthiest corporations on earth should have the ability to near totally dominate all politics with billions of dollars of politics plus able to shut down/ban any political statements and beliefs in opposition to the profits of the corporation and super rich.

Back
Top Bottom