• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should the kkk be able to practice?

The multicultural society has been imposed upon all the lands of the Aryan and any attempt to resist the invasion of our lands[for that is what it is] is labelled by the power brokers as "hate".The masses[and that includes posters on forums like this] have been conditioned from childhood onwards to respond in certain ways to certain key words.
It is ironic that those who use the term "hate" against their political enemies are often the ones that hate the most.

not sure if the orginal poster is refering to the US as one of these "aryan lands" but surely the US were not orginally aryan lands..we took over first!

The KKK have a constitutional right to parade and demonstrate their ideas, just as anyone else has the right to say, "i hate the KKK". however, anything beyond demonstrations and anything physical is illegal, and should be condemned.

clone said:
The KKK have a constitutional right to parade and demonstrate their ideas, just as anyone else has the right to say, "i hate the KKK". however, anything beyond demonstrations and anything physical is illegal, and should be condemned.

The idea of letting the KKK run around is like letting AL-Qeada run around and do protest.

and?

it doesnt matter what anyone thinks about their beliefs, they're still humans, and thus have rights.

The First Ammendment Gurantees the right to peacefully assemble: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

As long as they dont harm anyone, the government cannot LAWFULLY stop them.

clone said:
and?

it doesnt matter what anyone thinks about their beliefs, they're still humans, and thus have rights.

The First Ammendment Gurantees the right to peacefully assemble: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

As long as they dont harm anyone, the government cannot LAWFULLY stop them.

I do not think the constitution allows terrorist orginizations to run around and protest on corners.

ghost said:
Shouldnt the klue kluxx Klan be able to able to able to practice there beliefs in America? I mean we do have the freedom of speach and of the practice of our religion? So why should they be cooped up and only let to think of there beliefs?
I was watching on the Tv afew days ago, in Ohio, a women was raped by a spanish person in a Klan naighboorhood. The goverment stepped in and told the Klan they couldnt do anything about it. And I dont quite know what to think about it. I want to know what others think.

If it were up to me I would let the Klan take matters into their own hands. That would be more justice then through our liberal civil liberity restriction type laws from the courts.

Yes the klan should be able to practice as long as they dont break any laws. If you censor one group you will have to censor the other. Its against freedom of speech. I dont have a problem with communists gathering as long as they operate within the law and do not try to overthrow our government but they do. The KKK doesn't have power it would be pointless to censor them considering they have virtually no influence.

James Rage said:
The idea of letting the KKK run around is like letting AL-Qeada run around and do protest.

They aren't violent, and neither do they effect us in any real way anyway. Who cares?

-Demosthenes- said:
They aren't violent, and neither do they effect us in any real way anyway. Who cares?

They are a terrorist orginization guilty of terrrorism in the past.They should be banned.

James Rage said:
They are a terrorist orginization guilty of terrrorism in the past.They should be banned.

They should've then, but their not violent now, so I don't care.

Good day.

jamesrage said:

A rather surprisingly large percentage of Americans have spent time in prison or correctional facilities. Countless americans are involved in car crashes due to drunk driving.
because these people were involved in illegal activities in the past, we should ban them, right?

Yes the klan should be able to practice as long as they dont break any laws. If you censor one group you will have to censor the other. Its against freedom of speech. I dont have a problem with communists gathering as long as they operate within the law and do not try to overthrow our government but they do. The KKK doesn't have power it would be pointless to censor them considering they have virtually no influence.
When have you seen a protest of communists trying to overthrow the government?

clone said:
A rather surprisingly large percentage of Americans have spent time in prison or correctional facilities. Countless americans are involved in car crashes due to drunk driving.
because these people were involved in illegal activities in the past, we should ban them, right?

Drunk drivers should be banned from driving.

As I re-read this, I just came to a notice that not a single person in here has given any reason why one should not be racist other than "it's the nice thing to do" or "it isn't fair". There are countless reasons on being a separatist which translates to racist to most of you "arrogant, 'well-educated', bleeding heart conformist". I have seen nothing but insults against the KKK or any other "racist" group, except for the Black Panthers, which is recorded to have done some pretty atrocious things themselves and to have had ties with the Communist Party. So what if the old meaning of Aryan was for a different group of people. Much like "gay", or "Fa66ot", or many of the other words in language that used to mean something, now they mean something entirely different. Do a little research on where the "Latino" people get their title. They aren't Latin. The actual tribe that were called Latins were from northern Italy. Funny, I don't recall any history on that tribe relocating to South America. A French emperor decided that Latino would be a good name for them, and bam, it stuck. No one really contests it today, because the Latin tribe is extinct.
Just like any organization, you have your extremists, and the extremist are the ones that make the news. Yes, the KKK were violent in the past. They have changed also. Many groups work within the system to change it just like any other lobby. The cross burning, lynching days are over. The Neo-Nazi's recently had a march here in Orlando, and did it peaceably, to the point where the only people that got arrested and started the fights were those "Greet Hate with Love" protestors. They were very well organized. Their leader was very well spoken, and had pages of statistics to back their position. I don't agree with the use of the Nazi symbolic at all. But the organization needed shocking symbols to get the notice and publicity it needed. As they say, even bad publicity is good publicity. Much like it's adoption of the Confederate Flag. That flag did NOT stand for racism or slavery. But with the bad publicity of those ignorant of history adopting that flag for their own purposes, those of us who are proud of our Southern heritage, cannot use that flag without being discriminated against as racists.

The victor writes history. Many things that we are taught about history are not accurate. You need to be open to the "other side", and read some of their literature, instead of forming opinions by watching biased, inaccurate news articles and documentaries on the workings of these historical moments. Especially arguments of "civil rights".

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/crimoff.htm#inmates
Demographics :
Women were 12% of the local jail inmates in 2002, up from 10% in 1996.
Jail inmates were older on average in 2002 than 1996: 38% were age 35 or older, up from 32% in 1996.
More than 6 in 10 persons in local jails in 2002 were racial or ethnic minorities, unchanged from 1996.
An estimated 40% were black; 19%, Hispanic, 1% American Indian; 1% Asian; and 3% of more than one race/ethnicity.

http://www.hrw.org/backgrounder/usa/race/
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USApantherB.htm
http://www.gfsnet.org/msweb/sixties/the_black_panthers.htm
http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/black_panthers.htm
http://cghs.dadeschools.net/african-american/twentieth_century/panthers.htm

Just about every single entry I find mentions the violent message of the Black Panthers, and when that didn't work, they THEN switched to non-violence.

Datamonkee said:
The victor writes history. Many things that we are taught about history are not accurate. You need to be open to the "other side", and read some of their literature, instead of forming opinions by watching biased, inaccurate news articles and documentaries on the workings of these historical moments. Especially arguments of "civil rights".

That's bull crap. They killed thousands of people over the years because they had more of a chemical in their skin. They are in no way "biased" against in history.

They only reason they shouldn't be disbanded is because they don't harm anyone, so who cares. If they ever did, then they should be disbanded, and everyone arrested on the spot.

-Demosthenes- said:
That's bull crap. They killed thousands of people over the years because they had more of a chemical in their skin. They are in no way "biased" against in history.

They only reason they shouldn't be disbanded is because they don't harm anyone, so who cares. If they ever did, then they should be disbanded, and everyone arrested on the spot.

Thousands?! Talk about exaggerated and biased history. Back that up, please.
I know they have taken lives. And it is for more than the color of the skin. Read any of the manifestos of the KKK chapters. But that requires that you open your mind and actually READ something outside your envelop of beliefs. Like I said before, there are extremist in EVERY organization. Should we disband and ban Christians as a terrorist organization for the bombing of several Family Planning Clinics? Or for all the persecution to the homosexual community that they have condoned and promoted for decades? How many MILLIONS of people have been killed in the name of Christianity?! Or any other idealogy for that matter? Funny that. As long as its YOUR belief, it's ok. If it is someone else's, one that you find "ignorant", let's ban them, lable them terrorist, and execute them. That is a wonderful argument for tolerance and free speech!

KKK kills 2150 republicans and blacks between 1866-1871.
White Cappers and Ku Klux Klan members kill blacks to enforce the Jim Crow laws and Italian-Americans. About 1200 lynchings.
The second KKK movement kills 750 Jews, Catholics, immigrants and blacks.

A rough estimate at about 4,100 lynchings by the first two KKK movements. This is not counting those unrecorded, and other hate crimes involving violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_in_the_United_States - look at the graph on the bottom and compare to the text.

The KKK today is nothing but scattered groups that hate catholics, support neo-Nazism, or are a bunch of skinheads. I do disapprove of them, but if they are not hurting anyone, then I don't care. If a group does, however, commit an act of violence, it should be disbanded and it's members arrested.

Datamonkee,
You have no grounds to defend the KKK's 4,100 confirmed killings as acceptable, nor it's other hate crimes against blacks, immigrants, Jews, and Catholics. They were a violent group in post Civil war and post-WWI times, but today they are groups of idiots that don't seem to hurt people. As far as I know, stupid people are allowed to assemble, as long as they do so peacefully, so I don't care about them.

-Demosthenes- said:
KKK kills 2150 republicans and blacks between 1866-1871.
White Cappers and Ku Klux Klan members kill blacks to enforce the Jim Crow laws and Italian-Americans. About 1200 lynchings.
The second KKK movement kills 750 Jews, Catholics, immigrants and blacks.

A rough estimate at about 4,100 lynchings by the first two KKK movements. This is not counting those unrecorded, and other hate crimes involving violence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching_in_the_United_States - look at the graph on the bottom and compare to the text.

The KKK today is nothing but scattered groups that hate catholics, support neo-Nazism, or are a bunch of skinheads. I do disapprove of them, but if they are not hurting anyone, then I don't care. If a group does, however, commit an act of violence, it should be disbanded and it's members arrested.

Datamonkee,
You have no grounds to defend the KKK's 4,100 confirmed killings as acceptable, nor it's other hate crimes against blacks, immigrants, Jews, and Catholics. They were a violent group in post Civil war and post-WWI times, but today they are groups of idiots that don't seem to hurt people. As far as I know, stupid people are allowed to assemble, as long as they do so peacefully, so I don't care about them.

First of all, you have no idea what grounds I have to defend squat. Second, I never defended, NOR condoned violence of any sort. Third, I am tired of the insults you lob towards a group of people that share a different belief than you. Let's talk about body counts for violent organizations. The Christian church in it's many incarnations. : http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_biblewars.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_gays.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_abortion.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_cults.htm
We don't have to bring up the Crusades. Let's stay with just the history of America. The Roman Catholic church condoned and endorsed slavery. The Protestant churches pushed for laws to protect "slaves as property". That even if they did convert to Christianity, baptism did not free them. You have the Salem Witch Trials.
I believe that the church has a much larger body count than the KKK. Please, let us ban them also. They are obviously ignorant to follow a 2000 year old book filled with stories of people long dead, and/or ficticious.

"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America, I point the finger in their face and say: you helped this happen." ~ Jerry Fallwell, after the 9/11 tragedy.

The title of another forum should be "Should Christians be allowed to practice".

Datamonkee said:
First of all, you have no idea what grounds I have to defend squat. Second, I never defended, NOR condoned violence of any sort. Third, I am tired of the insults you lob towards a group of people that share a different belief than you. Let's talk about body counts for violent organizations. The Christian church in it's many incarnations. : http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQ..._biblewars.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQ..._viol_gays.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQ...l_abortion.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQ...viol_cults.htm
We don't have to bring up the Crusades. Let's stay with just the history of America. The Roman Catholic church condoned and endorsed slavery. The Protestant churches pushed for laws to protect "slaves as property". That even if they did convert to Christianity, baptism did not free them. You have the Salem Witch Trials.
I believe that the church has a much larger body count than the KKK. Please, let us ban them also. They are obviously ignorant to follow a 2000 year old book filled with stories of people long dead, and/or ficticious.

"The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America, I point the finger in their face and say: you helped this happen." ~ Jerry Fallwell, after the 9/11 tragedy.

The title of another forum should be "Should Christians be allowed to practice".

There is no "Christian church" merely a number of churches that identify with the Christ figure. There is no coherent group of "Christians" that can be blamed for anything, and those who identify themselves as Christians have not consistently help to any negative view.

The KKK is a coherent group of people who consistently hold to racist views, and have been known to kill, maim, and intimidate for years. They can assemble peacefully, sure, but they should be watched carefully. As soon as something violent takes place, they should be taken down.

Study the problem out carefully before you reply again.

-Demosthenes- said:
The KKK is a coherent group of people who consistently hold to racist views, and have been known to kill, maim, and intimidate for years. They can assemble peacefully, sure, but they should be watched carefully. As soon as something violent takes place, they should be taken down.

The KKK should have been taken down a long time ago.

James Rage said:
The KKK should have been taken down a long time ago.

Every time they did something violent, yes.

Datamonkee said:
First of all, you have no idea what grounds I have to defend squat. Second, I never defended, NOR condoned violence of any sort. Third, I am tired of the insults you lob towards a group of people that share a different belief than you. Let's talk about body counts for violent organizations. The Christian church in it's many incarnations. : http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_biblewars.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_gays.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_abortion.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/christian/blfaq_viol_cults.htm

About.com is not the best place for detailed and accurate information, and what is up with Jerry Fallwell? Does he not know he is the type of person who goes to hell (if it exists)?

-Demosthenes- said:
There is no "Christian church" merely a number of churches that identify with the Christ figure. There is no coherent group of "Christians" that can be blamed for anything, and those who identify themselves as Christians have not consistently help to any negative view.

YOU need to study the problem carefully. There are as many different types and branches and members of the KKK as there are branches of the Christian Church. There IS a Christian Church. There are the protestants and the catholics. As a Christian, you are one or the other. Think of it as republican or democrat. There is a Southern Baptist Convention which governs those in its membership. There is the Lutheran council. There is the Vatican. These are church organizations. Like you made the assumption that all members of the KKK are the same, so do most people that are not Christian. Before passing judgement on an entire group of people, you may want to take into consideration that not all people are the same nor created equally.

Datamonkee said:
There IS a Christian Church.

There is no Christian church, there is no coherent Christian group of any type.

Datamonkee said:
There are the protestants and the catholics. As a Christian, you are one or the other.

As an Anglo you belong to a "group," but it is not coherent and members of this same "group" have no necessarily similar traits except that you are a certain color.

Christians are only slightly different, they have only one common trait: they believe in some sort of Christ figure, but there is still no coherent group.

The KKK have a negative defining trait: racism.

When comparing the identification with a deity with racism the rational half of the earth will notice the inherent evilness of racism, and maybe the possible corruption of the Christian trait of identification with a deity but there is no inherent evilness.

Christians: not a coherent group, based on deity, not inherently evil concept.

KKK: Coherent group based on racism and hate, both inherently evil concepts.

Back
Top Bottom