• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Residents Call Police On Neighbors Due To Covid Violations?

Should Residents Call Police On Neighbors Due To Covid Violations?

• Total voters
They are treating this country as if it were China.
It's frightening. Now we're going to have this demented fool Biden and God knows who is really pulling the strings.

And the left have been saying for four years that Trump wanted to be a dictator. Who's the dictator wanting to take away people's rights and throwing them in the slammer for having 7 people together for Thanksgiving? Who's Putin's bitch?

All laws take away your "rights". You don't have the right to drink and drive now do you? Yes, a heavy fine or 3 days in the slammer is dead nuts appropriate. Take your rights and shove it

Our Mayor Garcetti here in Los Angeles has encouraged snitches from day 1.

He's nasty. He'll probably launch a bid to run for governor in 2022 should goofy Gavin not win the primaries.

Hopefully, former San Diego Mayor Keven Faulconer, a moderate Republican with a stellar record will make a go of it and beat the pants off of him.

It was my son's wedding, a (hopefully) once in a lifetime event, and I was not in control. I took my mask, but with 99 other people not masking, what sense would it be? Also, the arrangement, tables of 8 or 10 for watching the ceremony and then eating from a buffet and drinking and dancing, didn't allow for any social distancing. There were even HUGS from people I hadn't seen in decades.

Covid would kill me. I went into it with the resigned attitude that if it happens, so be it.

And then I returned home to my " normal " life. Sometimes the heart wins.

I think you and your family were really fortunate that no one got ill. I understand that this is not an event that you would miss under any circumstance, but there are precautions that your son could have taken like:
  • Postpone the wedding for a safer time
  • Mandate that all guests must wear masks
  • Rent a venue that allows for social distancing
  • Have a smaller wedding
I'm wondering why your son didn't take any of these steps, considering your fear that covid could kill you.

But I put the specifics in the OP. Your neighbor is having 7 total people on Turkey day from three different families, in violation of her orders. The governor encouraged you to call the police and report your neighbors. Do you?

But the title of the thread and some of the available options try to generalize, and I am addressing such generalizations.

I put the specs in my OP. Your neighbor is having 7 people on Turkey day from three different families. Do you call the police?

Most of the infections these days are coming from multifamily or friend get togethers. I wouldn't call the police but they are putting themselves and others in potential danger. If they do it outdoors and socially distance then that's fine.

I think the multiple millions of people who are refusing to comply, should all turn themselves in.
Lets see how well the gov handles housing all these massive health threats and what the courts do about it when each person demands a jury trial.
Actually, not a bad idea. It would be hilarious if someone were to get this going on social media. Millions and millions of people could turn themselves in.

Virtually every Sheriff has announced they will not enforce the restrictions for private homes.

That claim is false. "some" sheriffs said they won't not all sheriffs. The ones who voted for the guy who lost the election fall into that category.

Biden and the left claimed they were going to follow the science and listen to the experts and have one national Covid policy. The science and the experts have said we don't need a lockdown. Fauci came out today to say schools could be open as they are actually low risk. And yet we've got governors and city leaders not following the science and listening to the experts and locking down and closing schools. Why aren't they following a one national Covid policy of which Biden and the experts have said we don't need the things that governors and mayors are doing. These leaders are going rogue and having ad-hock policies toward the virus - following the Trump policy. Are these governors and mayors going to follow the science and listen to the experts and follow the Biden/experts national Covid policy or are these liberals going to follow the Trump plan of everyone different?
Biden isn't in charge yet.
They have their own experts and information.
And there is currently no national policy.

Of the "law and order" crowd which have no problem to report the neighbor's Mexican-looking garderner
Did you actually read the article? Anywhere in there does it say to report gardeners that look Mexican is an official policy?

Americans are literally not decent enough to scale back on partying (and such) for a year or two to save the lives of a bunch of older Republicans/Democrats/Others.

That's gotta be the least Christian thing I can think of.
Its about "VANITY" and "The Obsessive Need for the Circle of Ego Patronizing Validation" and some are "focused on public popularity of being seen", and "others have that overwhelming drive to seduce and be seduced".... These things appear to be more important than their lives or the lives of others. they have little idea, that the core element of "Freedom" is RESPONSIBILITY... and in a civilized system, that includes being responsible not to inadvertently cause harm to others and self, or advertently cause harm to others and self.
Many don't seem to have a concern that this flows back and may take out their family members, or others they may or may no know.

I do all I can to simply avoid callous people, as much as possible... I'm fine being alone, it does not cause me stress, because I can find plenty to do.... that does not require me to need to be in a crowd..... I don't let people who are not part of my household ride in my car without a mask, nor will I ride in anyone else's car without a mask. I can wait on the elevator, even though we have a max of 3 people, I know people "talk while in this enclosed box"... so I just wait for one where I can enter and I keep my hands in my pocket until I get to the floor I'm going to.

I pick the times I go to the store, and I don't go down Isles that have more than one other person on it, and if there is someone without a mask, I simply go to another Isle.

I have no guarantee's... but I certainly try to take all the precautions that I can. I've not gone to a variety of momentous family occasions, and I won't be going to any Thanksgiving Events...

I write, I play various instruments, I work on projects, I have a nice front and back yard, and I have more than enough gadgetry in my home to do what I want and like doing. I patronize business, including eatery's, but It's "always" "To Go"... I'm not sitting in anyone's eatery. I had dental work done, but I told them, If I could not be the first patient of the day, then I'd have to cancel, so they scheduled me "as the first patient of the day", and "the same with doctors appointments". Thankfully I am to God, that I've been fortunate enough not to have any medical needs where I need to spend any time in a doctors office or hospital...

My focus is on trying to stay safe.... as I possible can.

That claim is false. "some" sheriffs said they won't not all sheriffs. The ones who voted for the guy who lost the election fall into that category.
I should have qualified that. I was speaking about CAlifornia Sheriffs. I haven't seen any that have said they would support our Governor's Thanksgiving edict. And I don't think any of them supported the guy who lost.

I think you and your family were really fortunate that no one got ill. I understand that this is not an event that you would miss under any circumstance, but there are precautions that your son could have taken like:
  • Postpone the wedding for a safer time
  • Mandate that all guests must wear masks
  • Rent a venue that allows for social distancing
  • Have a smaller wedding
I'm wondering why your son didn't take any of these steps, considering your fear that covid could kill you.
He didn't know, because I didn't tell him about my health problems. But I certainly wouldn't expect him to go through all that for me, even if he had. Postponing would have been a good idea for EVERYONE there, all his family and friends. But I had a great time, I'm glad I went and I don't hold it against them for proceeding with their lives, despite Covid. But yes, we were lucky.

My point was, not every gathering causes Covid. There will no doubt be many "illegal" Thanksgiving celebrations where no one gets sick.

It was my son's wedding, a (hopefully) once in a lifetime event, and I was not in control. I took my mask, but with 99 other people not masking, what sense would it be? Also, the arrangement, tables of 8 or 10 for watching the ceremony and then eating from a buffet and drinking and dancing, didn't allow for any social distancing. There were even HUGS from people I hadn't seen in decades.

Covid would kill me. I went into it with the resigned attitude that if it happens, so be it.

And then I returned home to my " normal " life. Sometimes the heart wins.

Glad to hear that fate was dancing on your side.

Did you actually read the article? Anywhere in there does it say to report gardeners that look Mexican is an official policy?

Those who have double standards fail to see the cases when they apply different standards. This is why I posted other articles to remind you that "snitching" to ICE about illegal immigrants has been accepted by many conservatives as a reflection of operating in a country of "law and order." And they criticize those in sanctuary cities who try to shield their illegal neighbours from the federal government

It's frightening. Now we're going to have this demented fool Biden and God knows who is really pulling the strings.

It's a funny thing, isn't it? How did Joe Biden go from the bottom of his class, bottom of the primary leader board to the party's candidate?
Yeah, I'd like to know who is running that party as well.

It's sickening to hear others lie like this, isn't it?
Btw, I love our Mexican gardener.. He's a hard working American too. Why do some loony leftists always assume the worst of others?

It's sickening to hear others lie like this, isn't it?
Btw, I love our Mexican gardener.. He's a hard working American too. Why do some loony leftists always assume the worst of others?
Racism. Plain and simple. Race is the lens through which they invariably view others.

Those who have double standards fail to see the cases when they apply different standards. This is why I posted other articles to remind you that "snitching" to ICE about illegal immigrants has been accepted by many conservatives as a reflection of operating in a country of "law and order." And they criticize those in sanctuary cities who try to shield their illegal neighbours from the federal government

Oh give me a break... and about those double standards, plenty of leftists use undocumented workers too. Get out of the ivory tower every once in awhile, and join the human race.

yes, we have 70 million deplorables in this country
It's up to each individual as to how they develop relation with their neighbors. My neighbor had a tree that was an issue, and posed risk to my home because it had died. I offered to pay part of the cost to remove it. It was more important than the tree falling on my house and causing me displacement. He cut the tree, and the second tree... that I have concern about, I will offer him assistance to cut it too... and if he can't, then I'll pay to have the top cut out of it. That is facilitated by having gained a communicable relation with the neighbor.

I see people in the community that on weekends, and over the past holidays, who have many cares at homes where people gather. they are not my next door neighbor, I don't have interactive relation with them... so... its no need for me to try and tell them anything, there's enough police that patrol the community, I'm sure they see it. I have Ring Door Bells, and No Soliciting Sign, so I don't have to worry about someone coming to my door without me seeking who it is without having to open the door, even though I have a very good "storm security door"...

People need to think... and know as best as they can, whom to avoid. There seems to be many who don't heed the medical or official information... so... I know how not to involve myself with people who don't seem to have much concern about COVID....

Racism. Plain and simple. Race is the lens through which they invariably view others.

I am so sick of their hypocritical identity politics.

Back
Top Bottom