• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Residents Call Police On Neighbors Due To Covid Violations?

Should Residents Call Police On Neighbors Due To Covid Violations?

• Total voters
You actually do have the right to assemble. I know the constitution is inconvenient right now but it’s still a thing.

You have the right to assemble, unless there is a national health crisis like we have today. The "mah rights" ass clowns are complicit in Trump's mass murdering of 260.000 of my fellow Americans. They will never understand because...well Jim Jones in the White House this year says the virus isn't dangerous, well then it must not be dangerous.

He didn't know, because I didn't tell him about my health problems. But I certainly wouldn't expect him to go through all that for me, even if he had. Postponing would have been a good idea for EVERYONE there, all his family and friends. But I had a great time, I'm glad I went and I don't hold it against them for proceeding with their lives, despite Covid. But yes, we were lucky.

My point was, not every gathering causes Covid. There will no doubt be many "illegal" Thanksgiving celebrations where no one gets sick.

I get it, but I think it might have been worth it to at least have had a discussion, if not for your sake then for the sake of the other guests. There might have been other guests with similar reservations. I'm glad it worked out for you and your family in the end, but I'm betting there have been many families that are now deeply regretting their decision to hold a wedding during covid because something happened as a direct consequence of not taking proper precautions. I'm guessing this will hold true for families that have large gatherings for Thanksgiving as well.

Oh give me a break... and about those double standards, plenty of leftists use undocumented workers too. Get out of the ivory tower every once in awhile, and join the human race.

Do you understand what a double standard is?

A person who knowingly violates the law can be accussed of many things but if such person objects to the illegal immigration policies , he cannot be accussed of double standards.

Do you understand what a double standard is?

A person who knowingly violates the law can be accussed of many things but if such person objects to the illegal immigration policies , he cannot be accussed of double standards.

😂

protecting grandma could only be seen as evil by a deplorable

Oh c'mon. You don't expect anyone to take the above crap seriously, do you?

I get it, but I think it might have been worth it to at least have had a discussion, if not for your sake then for the sake of the other guests. There might have been other guests with similar reservations. I'm glad it worked out for you and your family in the end, but I'm betting there have been many families that are now deeply regretting their decision to hold a wedding during covid because something happened as a direct consequence of not taking proper precautions. I'm guessing this will hold true for families that have large gatherings for Thanksgiving as well.

The people who were invited did not have to attend. If they did, that's on them.

It's lame to attempt to guilt Mary, her son and his new bride.

Oh c'mon. You don't expect anyone to take the above crap seriously, do you?

certainly not a deplorable

thank God their time in the sun is over

back to the shadows with them, where they belong

The people who were invited did not have to attend. If they did, that's on them.

That's true, they could have chosen not too. But there's probably a lot of pressure to attend such a significant event, and it might have led to many guests choosing to attend despite the risks. I think when planning something like this it's important to consider that, and that perhaps postponing or taking other precautions might be the right choice. And it's definitely not my intention to guilt anyone, that's not what this is about. I just think it's an important conversation people should be having, and not enough people are having it.

many folks, principally Trumpists, have little choice as meaningful point, counter point eludes them

Considering their recent loss, I will give them some time to express their feelings with emojis, and I will not push back to have a serious conversation.

Considering their recent loss, I will give them some time to express their feelings with emojis, and I will not push back to have a serious conversation.

it can't be done anyway

and who wants to be associated with a loser anyway?

Depends if you like / dislike that neighbor.

Moi

Definitely call if they are 🇨🇦
Canada.jpg

Let guys like George Zimmerman patrol the neighborhoods.Somebody heavily armed and well trained.

Last edited:

Quite a few people did opt out, they told me. It was everyone's free choice, and personal gamble.

Quite a few people did opt out, they told me. It was everyone's free choice, and personal gamble.

I figured as much. I have no problem with any of this,... believe me. It's lame to scapegoat those who are the heads of the event. Don't want to risk it, stay home. The responsibility falls on the shoulders of the attendee, not your son, his bride, you, the caterer, the DJ, the minister, the valet or anyone else. The responsibility falls on the shoulders of the person who was invited. Think it's too risky? Don't go.

Let guys like George Zimmerman patrol the neighborhoods.Somebody heavily armed and well trained.

You are so evil. :ROFLMAO: I shouldn't be laughing but damn, that was funny, in a dark sort of way. ;)

Since when does grandma not have a mind of her own to decide? We're not dogs, you know, or toddlers that you can make decisions for.

Jeebus.

As a fellow grandma, I like the way you think.

Since when does grandma not have a mind of her own to decide? We're not dogs, you know, or toddlers that you can make decisions for.

Jeebus.

We live as part of a sociaty hence we are obligated to obey the mores (rules) of that sociaty.
That is how we prosper.
Grandma is being a selfish ignorant bitch to think it's up to her after the CDC has set protocol for the greater good.

Why is this stuff so hard for teh Trumpists?

Back
Top Bottom