• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Marijuana be legalized and regulated?

Should Marijuana be legalized and regulated?

• Yes, everybody must get stoned

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • Yes, but only for medicinal and industrial purposes

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • No, all those druggies can go up in smoke

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No, and we should increase current penalties

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Navy Pride said:
I have seen kids like you that were vegetables in the Double LL ward at Tripler Army Hospital in Hawaii..........It does not do anygood for me to see it.They should send young punks like you there to see these poor kids.........Maybe it would wise you up but probably not............

Don't need to go there. All I need to do is drive a few miles to my former best friend's (of 7 years) apartment. Honor roll in high school. Hell of a ball player. I know the logic behind hard drug use. I was THERE when we started getting into that **** and I KNOW the mentality behind it so don't preach your view of the world to me. The kid ruined his life all because "other drugs can't be as bad as pot." Maybe if kids were given a proper education about the TRUE benefits and risks of weed and alchohol and the very real dangers of drugs like meth, coke, opiates, etc. we wouldn't have nearly as many of these problems.

using grass

Using grass?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Hey man, let's smoke some grass! You got any good grass?

"I have some grass."

This grass is no good man."

Yes it is! I got it from a negro! You're so high you don't even know it!"

Let's smoke some GRASS and go stare at the sun.

I haven't heard anybody refer to pot as "grass" since that Reefer Madness movie put out back in the 50's. Too funny. You crack me up Navy.

Maybe if kids were given a proper education about the TRUE benefits and risks of weed and alchohol and the very real dangers of drugs like meth, coke, opiates, etc. we wouldn't have nearly as many of these problems.

Yes, education is the key. You're never to old to learn. Not even you Navy.

The Real McCoy said:
Don't need to go there. All I need to do is drive a few miles to my former best friend's (of 7 years) apartment. Honor roll in high school. Hell of a ball player. I know the logic behind hard drug use. I was THERE when we started getting into that **** and I KNOW the mentality behind it so don't preach your view of the world to me. The kid ruined his life all because "other drugs can't be as bad as pot." Maybe if kids were given a proper education about the TRUE benefits and risks of weed and alchohol and the very real dangers of drugs like meth, coke, opiates, etc. we wouldn't have nearly as many of these problems.

Then why are the hell are you arguing for legalizing **** that can kill you as well as other prople?????????????

Just take my advice and don't do none of it.........You don't need it........Even grass has been proven to eat brain cells.....................It is not worth it.............

Captain America said:
Using grass?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Hey man, let's smoke some grass! You got any good grass?

"I have some grass."

This grass is no good man."

Yes it is! I got it from a negro! You're so high you don't even know it!"

Let's smoke some GRASS and go stare at the sun.

I haven't heard anybody refer to pot as "grass" since that Reefer Madness movie put out back in the 50's. Too funny. You crack me up Navy.

Treat it as a joke..tell the kids its OK it won't hurt you or anyone else.......

The Real McCoy said:
So you are for repealing the 21st amendment?

I am not for repealing anything........Booze is legal.Its bad enough you got guys drunk out of their mind driving cars and killing innocent people......You don't need the same thing with drugs............

Captain America said:
Yes, education is the key. You're never to old to learn. Not even you Navy.

Yeah right, I don't have to learn anything.i have seen what drugs to do people first hand.............I wish I could drag your *** to that hospital and see the ruined lives that using drugs has caused...

Probably would not do any good though.....You have gone way off the left end............

I love Archie Bunker. But I think I know how "Meathead" must of felt when I talk to you.:rofl

Captain America said:
I love Archie Bunker. But I think I know how "Meathead" must of felt when I talk to you.:rofl

Coming from you that is a compliment my liberal buddy.........Now I am going to get up and walk around a bit because I can't listen to anymore of the crap you spew...........Have a nice evening........:lol:

You're going to change your Depends. Who do you think you're foolin'?

Good call though. Go easier on the prune juice. You might save yourself some money on diapers.

Navy Pride said:
I am not for repealing anything........Booze is legal.Its bad enough you got guys drunk out of their mind driving cars and killing innocent people......You don't need the same thing with drugs............

That doesn't make any ******* sense. If you believe that criminalizing marijuana will reduce the number of innocent deaths resulting from driving while stoned, why are you not in favor of criminalizing alcohol for the same reason?

Navy Pride said:
What the hell are you talking about......Are you saying a bunch of druggies stoned out of the mind and driving in cars won't kill innocent people?????????:confused: Get real........It happens now and drugs aren't even legal.........

Yeah, it happens now, and we're spending hundreds of billions of dollars to prevent it. Clearly it's a total waste of money. Since we now that prohibition of alcohol was a complete failure, and it's totally plain to any honest person that prohibition of drugs is also a complete failure, why are you in favor of it?

Note my post where I said that anyone who wants weed can get it. That means, if you can't figure it out, that legalizing the stuff won't significantly alter the use rate, but will save us a hell of a lot of money.

Navy Pride said:
Like beer when you lose the buzz to booze, when you lose the buzz with grass you graduate to hard drugs..........

When I was in the military stationed in Hawaii I had the opportunity to tour the Tripler army hospital.........They have a ward there called the double LL war........In it are kids that were hooked on drugs....Everyone of the kids said they had started out on grass..........In one corner there were 6 or 7 kids about 13 or 14...............They were just sitting there..........They had overdosed and were like vegetables...............It was the saddest thing I ever saw in my life.......

Are you their mother? Their father? Then it's none of your business what they did. And doubly so out here, since the people we're talking about aren't even government property.

You know you missing the freaking point your own example provides, don't you? Those "kids" you saw in Tripler...actually they were young men and women...they were in the god damned Army, Navy, or Marines, and even under military discipline they couldn't be stopped from doing the junk. So what of societ, exactly, do you envision as capable of ending this "scourge"? The most murderous regimes in history China and the USSR, couldn't do it, either. Clearly your way is the failed way.

And funny, when I got bored with beer, I just stopped drinking the stuff. Not that it matters. Again, it's none of your business. How much plainer can something be?

Navy Pride said:
Not to mention who do you think is paying for their care?

Oh, t'is da money you're worried about, is it? How long are you going to ignore the fact that we spend tens of billions, every year, on failed attempts to control behavior the government doesn't have the authority to regulate?

Keep dodging that one, and answer this question:

What's requiring us to spend the money? Oh, the same illegal government practices that are forcing us to pay for the failed intediction. Fancy that!

Do you care if hop heads wreck their lives and die in horrible ways? I don't. They look like excellent examples to show my kids when I'm discussing the problems with unprescribed recreational self-medication.

Here's another, that you should answer, since you've decided that the government should give all beans serial numbers and document their disposal:

What's cheaper, a failed immoral and illegal intediction or a rational policy of rehab and abandonment?

Of course, we don't have to abandon them. I personally am all in favor of free dispersal of 100% chemically pure heroin to all who request it, in any quantity desired.

It would bust the back of any terrorist organization trying to finance their operations on illegal drugs.

It would eliminate the unconstitutional violation of a citizens freedom to be as stupid as he pleases.

It would purge society of the worst losers.

Sounds like drup legalization is the best way to go.

Last edited:
Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Of course, we don't have to abandon them. I personally am all in favor of free dispersal of 100% chemically pure heroin to all who request it, in any quantity desired.

It would bust the back of any terrorist organization trying to finance their operations on illegal drugs.

It would eliminate the unconstitutional violation of a citizens freedom to be as stupid as he pleases.

It would purge society of the worst losers.

And it would make interesting election results ;)

Navy Pride said:
Treat it as a joke..tell the kids its OK it won't hurt you or anyone else.......

So you think lying to children makes them good citizens later?

Why not tell them the truth and explain real reasons why they shouldn't play with fire or abuse their brain? They're going to make their own mind up no matter what you tell them anyway. But telling them the truth makes it more likely they'll make the right decision. Lying to them only tells them there must be something fun we don't want them to know and disobeying the elders is an adolescent phase imprinted in our genes.

Drugs are bad

mkay8bs.gif

fooligan said:
Drugs are bad

They should have been spanked more when they were young?

Come'on, try to contribute posts that serve to advance the discussion, okay?

Tobacco kills 1 in 2 people. Yet it's legal
Why not marijuana? Nicotine in tobacco is very much a drug that has physiological effects as well. Thus I see no reason that marijuana should not be legal.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
They should have been spanked more when they were young?

Come'on, try to contribute posts that serve to advance the discussion, okay?

I guess the humor is lost.

Advance the discussion... yeah I've seen bad things happen to people who do drugs. I've done my share in my time, and barely made it out alive.

1983: I was sold a nickle-bag by a guy I knew in passing (knew his first name but not his last)... me and my bro Don smoked ONE bowl between us and within minutes began hallucinating.

I saw a large capsule-shaped (Tylenol??) thing circling about 300 feet over us making a noise like a vacuum-cleaner with two short, fat wings, each sporting four spotlights... tight little circles, and I'm smacking Don on the arm...

Don told me later, after we'd come down, that he didn't see anything weird. But he felt the ground shaking and could hear the clang of metal on metal (we were on a trail that ran beneath power towers), and he dropped into a panicked fighting stance. I laughed when he ran off.

I have no idea how I made it home. I do remember lying in bed, still tripping on whatever was in that weed, and hearing my mind snap. I heard that. That night lasted forever.

Anyway. There's my contribution. :roll:

Last edited:
Hey, the humor wasn't lost on me, mmmmmmkay? :rofl

Sounds like a bad 'shroom trip. Some people shouldn't get high. Period.

Further, if I bought some doob and it was laced with PCP or anything like that, and my buddy didn't advise me before hand, there would be an ***-whopin' goin' down.

Imagine. If we could go down to Discount Liquors and just grab a pack of Panama Red's, over the counter, stories like that would be obsolete. Even still, some folks got no business gettin' high. I know a few. They can't even handle sobriety.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
So you think lying to children makes them good citizens later?

Why not tell them the truth and explain real reasons why they shouldn't play with fire or abuse their brain? They're going to make their own mind up no matter what you tell them anyway. But telling them the truth makes it more likely they'll make the right decision. Lying to them only tells them there must be something fun we don't want them to know and disobeying the elders is an adolescent phase imprinted in our genes.

I told you how to cut the cost down but you won;t listen.All you want to do is get stoned..That is the only thing important.....

If you make the penalties so severe on the scum that push drugs you will resolve the problem.........You make a couple of examples out of them......For example pushing drugs to elementary school children is a capital offense.....If you caught doing that you get the death penalty........I can guareentee those kind of penalties will make the drug pusheds think twicw about doing it..........

Navy Pride said:
Then why are the hell are you arguing for legalizing **** that can kill you as well as other prople?????????????

I'm not arguing for legalizing all drugs. Just marijuana. And there hasn't been ONE single solitary case of marijuana directly leading to the death of someone.

Navy Pride said:
Just take my advice and don't do none of it.........

I already did just about all of them.

Navy Pride said:
You don't need it........

I know. That's why I quit drugs.

Navy Pride said:
Even grass has been proven to eat brain cells.....................It is not worth it.............

If this has been proven then surely you can cite a source for this claim.

Navy Pride said:
Yeah right, I don't have to learn anything.i have seen what drugs to do people first hand.............I wish I could drag your *** to that hospital and see the ruined lives that using drugs has caused...

Probably would not do any good though.....You have gone way off the left end............

No, YOU'RE the one sounding like a bleeding heart liberal. Us conservatives over here advocate personal responsibility while you continue to offer nothing but emotion driven rhetoric. Reminds me of liberal arguments against guns. "Guns kill innocent people!" No. People kill innocent people by choosing to pull the trigger just like they ruin their own lives by choosing to ABuse drugs.

Navy Pride said:
I told you how to cut the cost down but you won;t listen.All you want to do is get stoned..That is the only thing important.....

If you make the penalties so severe on the scum that push drugs you will resolve the problem.........You make a couple of examples out of them......For example pushing drugs to elementary school children is a capital offense.....If you caught doing that you get the death penalty........I can guareentee those kind of penalties will make the drug pusheds think twicw about doing it..........

Why hasn't it stopped people from murdering?

Back
Top Bottom