• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should American laws be determined by the Pope?

The Pope can forgive the sins of the Supreme Court Justices.

I don't recognize the authority of the pope or Catholics as true Christians no matter what they claim. The position of "pope" nor many of the features of the Catholic Church are NOT mentioned in the New Testament.

I don't recognize the authority of the pope or Catholics as true Christians no matter what they claim. The position of "pope" nor many of the features of the Catholic Church are NOT mentioned in the New Testament.
Catholics are not fake Christians. They have been around for a long time and if the majority of the Supreme Court are Catholics then they will recognize the Pope as Christ's Vicar on Earth.

Ah, then you are referring to my statement showing the Catholic desire (in some) to base our laws on Catholic doctrine?

Fine. Changes nothing I wrote....and I see you avoided actually addressing that fact. Any answer to the main point of that post:

I guess you feel that a religiously-focused justice couldnt use their bias to interpret laws/the Const improperly?​
I didn't avoid your point at all. You stated a fundamental misunderstanding the role of a judge. You claimed it is a sin for a "Catholic judge to make law" THird time, judges don't make laws.

In your new question you ask whether a judge could use their bias to improperly interpret the COnstitution. Of course they could, but they would be violating their oath. Which is why you should support an originalist like Judge Barrett.

No you haven't. Because one cannot read the Bible and claim with a straight face that fornication is not a sin. It is all there in black and white. Not buried somewhere in the Old Testament.

Basically you're simply claiming what the Bible says it does simply to fit your own biases.
No...you are. And the men that accidentally or intentionally misinterpreted things.

It's very simple: Anything that does not break God's Word of brotherly love, compassion, forgiveness, and peace is not a sin.

If you can explain how fornication and homosexuality do so, please tell me? Otherwise, it's you that is claiming what you want it to mean.

I didn't avoid your point at all. You stated a fundamental misunderstanding the role of a judge. You claimed it is a sin for a "Catholic judge to make law" THird time, judges don't make laws.

In your new question you ask whether a judge could use their bias to improperly interpret the COnstitution. Of course they could, but they would be violating their oath. Which is why you should support an originalist like Judge Barrett.
I never claimed judges make laws...you are going in circles. I was speaking to MM on his desire (and that of some Catholics) for theocracy.

It's a sin for any Catholic to want God's Laws forced on people.

I demonstrated no misunderstanding of the role of judges...I was only speaking of Catholics. If you are going to join in a separate conversation, please keep things straight.

I never claimed judges make laws...you are going in circles.

Backatcha. Your words dude. If you want to deny your own words, I'd say we're done.

"That would be an egregious sin for a Catholic judge to make law based on the Catholic cult's misinterpretation of the Bible"

Backatcha. Your words dude. If you want to deny your own words, I'd say we're done.

"That would be an egregious sin for a Catholic judge to make law based on the Catholic cult's misinterpretation of the Bible"
I'm not a dude :rolleyes: and if you are going to get all butt-hurt after jumping into the middle of a conversation and interpreting it incorrectly....then just go away. Dont be mad...just go away.

If it's important to you to be 'right on the Internetz'....you go right ahead and think so :rolleyes:

I'm not a dude :rolleyes: and if you are going to get all butt-hurt after jumping into the middle of a conversation and interpreting it incorrectly....then just go away. Dont be mad...just go away.

If it's important to you to be 'right on the Internetz'....you go right ahead and think so :rolleyes:

Deal. Good luck with that confusion thing. Let me guess, Biden is your man.

It's very simple: Anything that does not break God's Word of brotherly love, compassion, forgiveness, and peace is not a sin.

There is more to God's word than those four things.

Deal. Good luck with that confusion thing. Let me guess, Biden is your man.
Ah...personal attack. That does make you Trump's follower.

I wholeheartedly recognize your position on the subject...being right at all costs and failing on context. You 2 do have that in common. :D

You are still lying. Here's the question, in bold:

That would be an egregious sin for a Catholic judge to make law based on the Catholic cult's misinterpretation of the Bible or on God's Word, period. It goes against God's Will.​
God gave us all free will to choose to follow Him or not. To choose to follow His Word, His Law, or not. It would be a huge sin and arrogant usurpation of His Authority to choose to force His Word on man thru man's law.​
How do you justify such an enormous sin? To disobey God's Will like that?

How does this, post 138, answer the bold? Please explain it specifically:

How does that answer my question?
Your lying premise, that Jesus’ church misinterprets Jesus’ word, renders the entire question silly and irrelevant. The question itself is absurd. While one has free will, it doesn’t mean disobeying God’s word is without punishment.

I already said the pope is entitled to his opinion to be followed or not.

He can express his opinion all he wants. He just doesn't get to force Americans to follow them by making them into laws. In other words, American laws should NOT be determined by the Pope. Or a leader of any other religion, for that matter.

He can express his opinion all he wants. He just doesn't get to force Americans to follow them by making them into laws. In other words, American laws should NOT be determined by the Pope. Or a leader of any other religion, for that matter.
Why do you make silly posts based on stuff no one said?

There are valid reasons to abort, none of which are because she doesn't want to be a mother. She should have thought of that nine months earlier.

I don't agree. Any reason a woman chooses to have an abortion is a valid one, to her anyway. That includes the most basic reason of all; "I don't want a baby." When you are the woman who is pregnant, then you get to make those determinations on what's a valid reason and what isn't. Until then, you don't.

I don't agree. Any reason a woman chooses to have an abortion is a valid one, to her anyway. That includes the most basic reason of all; "I don't want a baby." When you are the woman who is pregnant, then you get to make those determinations on what's a valid reason and what isn't. Until then, you don't.
No, sister. We don’t get to kill innocent people because we feel like it.

Your lying premise, that Jesus’ church misinterprets Jesus’ word, renders the entire question silly and irrelevant. The question itself is absurd. While one has free will, it doesn’t mean disobeying God’s word is without punishment.
Yoo know sg him up?quat about jesus so why brin
Did you miss the word ‘innocent’ in my post?
Well in the french sense you are innocent but in English you are guilty as H E double hockey sticks

She should have thought of that before she committed the act that humans have used throughout the ages to make babies. BEFORE.

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you oppose the churches position on the death penalty?
Nope. But a handful of inmates doesn't equate to the MILLIONS of babies Democrats destroy. So why would I vote for them?

Can we assume you are not voting for Trump since his administration has executed more in 2020 than in the past 57 years?

Tex, are you confused about the topic? You seem to want to comment on a different matter.

That still, small voice that says: He’s right!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure anyone in this thread is claiming otherwise.

Most of the SC are already Roman Catholic. If the Pope could, or had wanted control, he could have done it by now.

Back
Top Bottom