• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Short beautiful video produced by a friend's son

EnigmaO01

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
It's of his father a friend of mine from college paddling over a sink hole in El Cajon Bay in Michigan's Lake Huron. Uses drone shots and the music accompaniment is perfect. The son owns and runs a film company in Alpena, Michigan.

Try it I think you'll enjoy it.

Last edited:
It's of his father a friend of mine from college paddling over a sink hole in El Cajon Bay in Michigan's Lake Huron. Uses drone shots and the music accompaniment is perfect. The son owns and runs a film company in Alpena, Michigan.

Brought back a few memories. I grew up in Michigan and spent a lot of time in Alpena, beautiful area, and the music was very relaxing.

reminds me of an orvis 'moment of chill' video ... only without the orvis products front and center

Brought back a few memories. I grew up in Michigan and spent a lot of time in Alpena, beautiful area, and the music was very relaxing.
I attended and graduated from ACC in Alpena in 1978. Locals jokingly called it Riverside Tech but the quality of that 2 year degree was much much better than a University in Indiana I transferred to. (Indiana University) Some great bands in the area to go to on the weekends at bars by the name of the Bojangles, Friendly Inn, and the Hideaway north of town. I was even in a band there but just a garage band. Any of those sound familiar?

I attended and graduated from ACC in Alpena in 1978. Locals jokingly called it Riverside Tech but the quality of that 2 year degree was much much better than a University in Indiana I transferred to. (Indiana University) Some great bands in the area to go to on the weekends at bars by the name of the Bojangles, Friendly Inn, and the Hideaway north of town. I was even in a band there but just a garage band. Any of those sound familiar?
Not really, but it's been a long time. My parents owned a convenience store in Clear Lake, near West Branch, and I spent some time wandering around the area.
I once looked into buying an A frame house on US-23 just south of Alpena after my first divorce but the deal fell through, beautiful views from that house,
looking out on to Lake Huron.

It is beautiful, and beautifully done but I have issues with the way the video codec is falling apart in the YouTube render,
I say YouTube because I have doubts that the original finished master file is falling apart that bad...or even at all.
Busy water elements tend to stress most prosumer MP4 codecs almost as bad as they used to hurt MPEG-2.
I suggest he upload the original ProRes .mov file instead.
Yes, I realize the original ProRes file is undoubtedly gigantic even for a short video like this but seeing as how the water is straining the codec to the breaking point it's absolutely necessary so that YouTube renders it without all the artifacting.

Wow, beautiful. Drones have really made a difference in taking in nature, I get mesmerized by the drone footage. I'll go like and follow them.

Back
Top Bottom