• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shoplifters hit Los Angeles area TJ Maxx, casually leave store carrying heap of stolen goods

Prop #47 is a license to steal and these criminals know it.

Hold the legislators responsible for creating this mess. Make them pay for the store owners' property losses or his increased insurance costs for theft losses.
Problem in Crazyfornia is that it isn't just the legislature getting these stupid laws in, some are referendums created by the citizens themselves. Dumb voters who are persuaded into believing that if you softer and nicer on criminals, even non violent criminals, that somehow those criminals will just reform themselves.

Thanks to many Dem authorities, bad people are more brazen than ever.

They laugh at laws.

They know nothing will happen to them.

Just saw a video (yes, on the Daily Mail website) of a woman walking in the (yes, New York City) subway, who was suddenly sucker punched by a young gentleman who came up from behind her (no need to identify the suspect). He knew that nothing will happen to him if caught. In fact, some "liberals" will blame society for his behavior.

I really feel sorry for those "liberals," for sooner or later, they (or their loved ones) may fall victim to the lawlessness that is sweeping this country now.

0CAF4B5C-F830-428F-B344-5B4707CE104D.jpeg

Problem in Crazyfornia is that it isn't just the legislature getting these stupid laws in, some are referendums created by the citizens themselves. Dumb voters who are persuaded into believing that if you softer and nicer on criminals, even non violent criminals, that somehow those criminals will just reform themselves.

You haven’t read a single word of a single referendum. Hilarious.

Thanks to many Dem authorities, bad people are more brazen than ever.

They laugh at laws.

They know nothing will happen to them.

That rhetoric is directly from Nazis.

That rhetoric is directly from Nazis.

No, it is from ordinary people who see the lunacy.

Shown all over the world .

Do you wonder that americans are now scorned and patronised and outsiders clamber to come in because they see that the system is run by morons ?

Look at the two previous posts . No discussion needed . The inmates are taking over .

I feel that makes my claim stronger.

How can local police, local government officials allow this to happen? The citizenry allow this to go on? Governors, mayors, city council members, police cheifs, prosecutors, are not doing their jobs. These officials are leaving the city and its residents vulnerable and for polictical reasons. They don't want to offend their liberal voters. $500 and under is a misdermeanor in California and therefore not prosecuted. Government failure.
Take Los Angeles county for example right now as we speak. Even if you have a city in the county where the city leadership, the local police, the residents, and the business owners wish to take a tough stance on non violent / quality of life types of offenses like shoplifting, graffiti, disorderly conduct, and the local police make arrests for these crimes which are all enumerated in the state penal code. The current Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascon (voted in and supported by Antifa and BLM and other wacky leftist defund police types in the last election), that DA has said upfront, that he WILL NOT prosecute those arrested for a vast number of low level crimes. So, the word is out for criminals, and that is do what they please; there are ZERO consequences to bad behavior.

Brilliant retort!

I was really, really looking so forward to bright guy's solution to the problems Prop #47 as caused proprietors.
I guess we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for another of his brilliant rebuttals. ;)

I was really, really looking so forward to bright guy's solution to the problems Prop #47 as caused proprietors.
I guess we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for another of his brilliant rebuttals. ;)
How about the retailer's hire more and better security. Seems a conservative would be much be much more desirous of such a simple concept than your asinine suggestion the legislators pay for loss due to theft. You know. A smaller government and all?

Biden’s America. Open borders and a lawless society. What could go wrong?
Man, I miss Trump more than I thought I would!!
Having Biden at the helm is like a scene from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
No doubt!! Why didn't Biden do something about this in 2016?

Or 2018?

Surely he could have done something by 2019!!

I mean, 2020, and Biden still didn't do anything?!?

Damn you Biden!!!

How about the retailer's hire more and better security. Seems a conservative would much more desirous of such a simple concept than your asinine suggestion the legislators pay for loss due to theft.

Try reading the thread and learn what Prop #47 entails before writing something irrelevant like the above.

Try reading the thread and learn what Prop #47 entails before writing something irrelevant like the above.
I know what Prop 47 is, and entails. Your weak argument failed of it's own accord.

You haven’t read a single word of a single referendum. Hilarious.
When I was younger I managed a retail grocery store for a large chain. Our solution to shoplifters was to arrest them ourselves and have the police come get them-- even if most were not prosecuted later. And when they HOPEFULLY resisted, we would beat them bloody and senseless, at least assuring some justice occurred.

Even then there was a very common theme in who shoplifters were-- same as today. 95% of all the shoplifters we dealt with came from a less than 13% of the population demographic. The culture of criminal entitlement is strong with this demographic. Eventually our company just closed stores in neighborhoods adversely affected by this demographic, as did other chains too. Why try to keep a store open in a crap neighborhood where you are already barely clearing expenses, when you could open stores in better neighborhoods where people aren't part of this criminal culture? This then left only the liquor stores, and snack food/convenience stores --which are mostly owned and operated by Koreans and new immigrants, and who charge exponentially higher prices just to stay in business.

You think anyone gives a **** how much stuff gets stolen from TJ Maxx? They don't. Screw the retail chains.
Two large arm loads of clothes from TJ Max is worth, what, about $25?😄

guy.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

How can local police, local government officials allow this to happen?
The police want to stop it, but know that it's futile so long as Prop Crap 47 exists.
And LA has a criminal coddling douche as a DA.

The citizenry allow this to go on?
They fear for their lives. A clerk who worked at a Rite Aid in LA was shot dead after trying to stop a beer thief.

You think anyone gives a **** how much stuff gets stolen from TJ Maxx? They don't. Screw the retail chains.
They better give a ****. Stores jack up prices to pay for the losses of stolen goods.

How about the retailer's hire more and better security.
Security can't do much either....except maybe get shot. A Rite Aid employee in Crazyfornia was killed by a beer thief.

That and adding security means jacking up prices to pay for it.

In terms of the theft seen in the viral video which occurred at a California TJ Maxx. It would not be necessary to charge these two with a shoplifting offense, when they clearly they committed a burglary, so charge them with burglary. Burglary being a specific intent crime is proven whenever a person ENTERS a business or a home with the specific intent to commit a theft or other crime. A person entering a retail store with large EMPTY duffel bag who then proceeded to shoplift showed his specific intent when he walked in the door with that type of bag, which basically then becomes a 'burglary tool' under California's burglary law. This type of theft is then different than someone concealing stolen items in their clothing, a purse, or backpack.

What store employees or loss prevention officers should have done was to arrest these men and call the police and make a burglary charge. Don't worry about the shoplifting part, make it a burglary.

Back
Top Bottom