• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shoplifters hit Los Angeles area TJ Maxx, casually leave store carrying heap of stolen goods

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I wonder how they get those anti-theft tags off the product.

Biden’s America. Open borders and a lawless society. What could go wrong?

Thanks to many Dem authorities, bad people are more brazen than ever.

They laugh at laws.

They know nothing will happen to them.

Just saw a video (yes, on the Daily Mail website) of a woman walking in the (yes, New York City) subway, who was suddenly sucker punched by a young gentleman who came up from behind her (no need to identify the suspect). He knew that nothing will happen to him if caught. In fact, some "liberals" will blame society for his behavior.

I really feel sorry for those "liberals," for sooner or later, they (or their loved ones) may fall victim to the lawlessness that is sweeping this country now.

Man, I miss Trump more than I thought I would!!
Having Biden at the helm is like a scene from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Right? Remember that time in 2018 in "red" Indiana people did this and Donald Trump personally swooped in to the rescue!

I don't.

Penal Code section 667(e)(2)(C)(iv)
EXCEPTIONS:
(a) (1) Any person convicted of a serious felony who previously has been convicted of a serious felony in this state or of any offense committed in another jurisdiction which includes all of the elements of any serious felony, shall receive, in addition to the sentence imposed by the court for the present offense, a five-year enhancement for each such prior conviction on charges brought and tried separately. The terms of the present offense and each enhancement shall run consecutively.

---That's a pretty big chunk of people who are normally caught stealing.
I am not here to blindly cheerlead all of Prop 47 and I am open to being further educated with OBJECTIVE and impartial information...not opinions, FACTS please.
However, I get the impression that one of the general thrusts of 47, at least with regard to reclassifying petty thefts as misdemeanors, is to prevent a one-time/first time stupid mistake from turning into a lifetime of ruin that can be better mitigated with outreach programs that provide incentives to walk away from criminal lifestyles and to attract persons who would benefit from being shown paths to becoming productive members of society.
Clearly such persons would NOT be "Any person convicted of a serious felony who previously has been convicted of a serious felony in this state or of any offense committed in another jurisdiction which includes all of the elements of any serious felony".

In other words, hardened career criminals are still hardened career criminals and still deserve to be TREATED AS hardened career criminals.
Dumb stupid kids who did something they will regret are being offered one more chance to turn their lives around and step back from "the life".

And you can trust her opinion, because as you all remember she personally blamed Trump for every single crime committed while he was in office, especially that treasonous insurrection on 1/6.

:ROFLMAO:

Here's why...

Get it?
How can local police, local government officials allow this to happen? The citizenry allow this to go on? Governors, mayors, city council members, police cheifs, prosecutors, are not doing their jobs. These officials are leaving the city and its residents vulnerable and for polictical reasons. They don't want to offend their liberal voters. $500 and under is a misdermeanor in California and therefore not prosecuted. Government failure.

Weird how people are acting like shoplifting like this never happened under Trump and only happens in blue states or that we don't have video evidence of it happening under Trump and all over.
You didn't have this mass robbing of stores. You didn't have Walgreens closing stores because they can't keep up with the shoplifting. It is total insanity under Biden and the Democrat nutsy Pelosi.

This all escalated when California reduced the sentence for robbery. This was a foreseeable happening. Add to that the fact that most places in California, the police also just don't have the time to attack this type of crime, so it runs rampant. Policing isn't rocket science. We know what is causing this, but it is politically unfavorable for the politicians to attack the problem.

This all escalated when California reduced the sentence for robbery. This was a foreseeable happening. Add to that the fact that most places in California, the police also just don't have the time to attack this type of crime, so it runs rampant. Policing isn't rocket science. We know what is causing this, but it is politically unfavorable for the politicians to attack the problem.
Trump was a president for Law and Order and America 1st. Biden is a president for open borders, lawlessness, and America LAST!

It's faux, so let me guess : they're scary minorities.

Weird how people are acting like shoplifting like this never happened under Trump and only happens in blue states or that we don't have video evidence of it happening under Trump and all over.
Looks like one of those fallacy statements, like a strawman or something. Who said we don't believe shoplifting never happened elsewhere. What's demonstrated here is the lack of liberal resolve to enforce the proper punishment for these crimes. They're lowering the bar so they can let them off the hook.

You didn't have this mass robbing of stores. You didn't have Walgreens closing stores because they can't keep up with the shoplifting. It is total insanity under Biden and the Democrat nutsy Pelosi.

Yes, we did have all those under Trump.

2019:

2018:

Feb 2020:

It's happening no matter who is President.

Looks like one of those fallacy statements, like a strawman or something. Who said we don't believe shoplifting never happened elsewhere. What's demonstrated here is the lack of liberal resolve to enforce the proper punishment for these crimes. They're lowering the bar so they can let them off the hook.

What do you think the proper punishment for these crimes should be?

It's happening no matter who is President.

But it is happening BECAUSE the local politicians are allowing it, and those politicians are all democrats.

But it is happening BECAUSE the local politicians are allowing it, and those politicians are all democrats.

Weird, the video I showed of a flash mob robbing a gas station was in 2018 Cedar Rapids, IA with a Republican mayor and we had a Republican President.

Here's why...

Get it?

Prop #47 is a license to steal and these criminals know it.

Hold the legislators responsible for creating this mess. Make them pay for the store owners' property losses or his increased insurance costs for theft losses.

Back
Top Bottom