• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

She Had an Abortion With Herschel Walker. She Also Had a Child With Him.

Why Not? How long would this explanation of yours take? No doubt you will spend ten posts declaring you dont have the time to answer what you could have answered in a sentence or two.
Couple words. Thanks for admitting it's a game.

Keep dodging like usual

@gbg3

and from the same link you posted

“Did you know Herschel paid for my abortion the first time? Or that he told me it wasn’t the ‘right time’ to have [her current child]?” the woman wrote in a 9:54 a.m. text message sent Friday to Herschel Walker’s wife, Julie Walker, who initiated the conversation.

In response, Julie Walker acknowledged that she had tried to be a mediator between Herschel Walker and the woman, who seldom corresponded directly with her son’s father.

“This message makes me incredibly sad. You know I have continually tried to bridge a better relationship between you and Herschel putting [the child] first,” Julie Walker wrote to the woman, who did not return messages to NBC News requesting comment.

So, while the woman may have supported Walker during the primaries, this does not mean that she had such a good relationship with Walker to the point of being willing to hide in shame the fact that she had abortion and kids with him. She seems that she WANTS some type of acknowledgment and see Walker treat her and her kids in the same way he treats his wife and the kids he has with her. So, the moment Daily Beast discovered her identity, she would not try to play Walker's political game just to protect his career!

As I said before, often the reason such stories come out during elections is because the candidates become the focus of scrutiny, and detailed investigations of their life bring out stories unknown up until the election campaign.

Last edited:
I'm a bit surprised this story was the one chosen to try to hurt Walker.

Typically, it seems the just before the election stories involve a woman who is accusing the man of unwanted and inappropriate sexual advances. In this case with this woman, it seems they had a year's long relationship, they obviously both wanted to be in. Maybe they even each loved the other for these years.

This situation is just too "normal' to fit the usual narrative. Even before I knew if the story was true or not, I couldn't grasp the problem with any element of the story. Pregnancies are common, abortion certainly isn't uncommon, childbirth is very common, children raised by one parent is very common, men who pay the child support they are required to is not as common as I wish it was - but not unheard of.

Oops, I inadvertently hit submit before I finished. Anyway, it has hurt Herschel in the polls but I'm not convinced that will hold because I just don't see Herschel as a "bad guy" in this situation. The left is struggling and failing to paint him as such - especially since they are running almost their enitre campaign on being fully supportive of abortion - even with no restrictions of any kind at any point in any pregnancy.

Typically, it seems the just before the election stories involve a woman who is accusing the man of unwanted and inappropriate sexual advances. In this case with this woman, it seems they had a year's long relationship, they obviously both wanted to be in. Maybe they even each loved the other for these years.

This situation is just too "normal' to fit the usual narrative. Even before I knew if the story was true or not, I couldn't grasp the problem with any element of the story. Pregnancies are common, abortion certainly isn't uncommon, childbirth is very common, children raised by one parent is very common, men who pay the child support they are required to is not as common as I wish it was - but not unheard of.
Nobody chose any story. This is tinfoil hat desperation. The only person who chose to make this a story is the accuser herself.

Couple words. Thanks for admitting it's a game.

Keep dodging like usual
I didnt 'admit it was a game.' But you just spent three more sentences dodging an answer that would likely not take two.

@gbg3

and from the same link you posted

“Did you know Herschel paid for my abortion the first time? Or that he told me it wasn’t the ‘right time’ to have [her current child]?” the woman wrote in a 9:54 a.m. text message sent Friday to Herschel Walker’s wife, Julie Walker, who initiated the conversation.

In response, Julie Walker acknowledged that she had tried to be a mediator between Herschel Walker and the woman, who seldom corresponded directly with her son’s father.

“This message makes me incredibly sad. You know I have continually tried to bridge a better relationship between you and Herschel putting [the child] first,” Julie Walker wrote to the woman, who did not return messages to NBC News requesting comment.

So, while the woman may have supported Walker during the primaries, this does not mean that she had such a good relationship with Walker to the point of being willing to hide in shame the fact that she had abortion and kids with him. She seems that she WANTS some type of acknowledgment and see Walker treat her and her kids in the same way he treats his wife and the kids he has with her. So, the moment Daily Beast discovered her identity, she would not try to play Walker's political game just to protect his career!

As I said before, often the reason such stories come out during elections is because the candidates become the focus of scrutiny, and detailed investigations of their life bring out stories unknown up until the election campaign.
This doesnt prove the accusers story to be true, just that she was willing to repeat it via text a couple days ago. The text messages do reveal that according to Walker wife, Walker had tried to be more involved in the childs life.

You confuse the issues. The fact that the situation is normal does not negate t Walker's hypocrisy of promoting policies that deny others what he chose in his personal life.
And the fact that this story is (better say) common does not mean that such woman will not want acknowledgement of her experience instead of a second rejection by Walker.

Nobody chose any story. This is tinfoil hat desperation. The only person who chose to make this a story is the accuser herself.
Yes she did, after expressing her spring/summer support of him running and winning the primary. I don't know why the change of heart but now that we've learned this much, maybe we'll someday learn the reason for her change of heart too.

This doesnt prove the accusers story to be true, just that she was willing to repeat it via text a couple days ago. The text messages do reveal that according to Walker wife, Walker had tried to be more involved in the childs life.
The child he denied having with the woman he didn't know.

The wife's response was not that dismissive as yours. I will go with that info until she comes out and denies the existence of these messages!

Yes she did, after expressing her spring/summer support of him running and winning the primary.
Fascinating. So you know who she is, but we do not. Please divine to us her identity. Or did you just kind of make something up, there?

She seems that she WANTS some type of acknowledgment and see Walker treat her and her kids in the same way he treats his wife and the kids he has with her.
I think he is in his second marriage right now to a woman named Julie. I don't think they have any children together. I think he was previously married to the mother of one of his children, Christian, for almost 20 years - but Christian's mother is not his current wife.

Walker's hypocrisy of promoting policies that deny others what he chose in his personal life.
Okay.

I think you'd have a hard or even impossible time finding a single candidate from either party who hasn't previously said or done something in their lives that they later have a different perspective on. I'm not sure you could even find a single person who hasn't changed their words, views, or actions on some topics.

That's the problem with this whole thing for me. There's just no story IMO and there is an attempt to make something big out of very common situations - relationships, pregnancies, abortion, childbirth, single parents, child support. None of these are unusual.

I think it even possible that the mother of this young boy might be outside her comfort zone (now) due to some heavy outside influence. Reading the texts between her and Julie leads me to think, like Julie, she appeared to be a good person - and she, Herschel and Julie were all behaving in a mature way regarding the child's best interests. I can certainly imagine being supportive of the political aspirations of a man someone once loved and who fathered their child - just as this woman was when Herschel was running and winning the primary.

I think he is in his second marriage right now to a woman named Julie. I don't think they have any children together. I think he was previously married to the mother of one of his children, Christian, for almost 20 years - but Christian's mother is not his current wife.

I guess she is the trophy wife, LOL

Fascinating. So you know who she is, but we do not. Please divine to us her identity. Or did you just kind of make something up, there?
I'm simply referring to the support she expressed via texts to Julie (see comment 482).
I suppose it's possible NBC made up the info contained in the article, but I didn't make it up. I just read it.

Lmao, Walker is a walking vegetable. No wonder Republicans want him to win.

The guy's brain is playdough.

I'm simply referring to the support she expressed via texts to Julie (see comment 482).
I suppose it's possible NBC made up the info contained in the article, but I didn't make it up. I just read it.
I was referring to his accuser.

I didnt 'admit it was a game.' But you just spent three more sentences dodging an answer that would likely not take two.
Now you are just lying. I'm still waiting for you to answer my question.

So...let me know when you have am answer

Conspiracies!

It's amazing you guys don't walk around with your heads exploding

Okay.

I think you'd have a hard or even impossible time finding a single candidate from either party who hasn't previously said or done something in their lives that they later have a different perspective on. I'm not sure you could even find a single person who hasn't changed their words, views, or actions on some topics.

That's the problem with this whole thing for me. There's just no story IMO and there is an attempt to make something big out of very common situations - relationships, pregnancies, abortion, childbirth, single parents, child support. None of these are unusual.

I think it even possible that the mother of this young boy might be outside her comfort zone (now) due to some heavy outside influence. Reading the texts between her and Julie leads me to think, like Julie, she appeared to be a good person - and she, Herschel and Julie were all behaving in a mature way regarding the child's best interests. I can certainly imagine being supportive of the political aspirations of a man someone once loved and who fathered their child - just as this woman was when Herschel was running and winning the primary.

This is not about doing "something" that contradicts someone's political agenda

This is doing something that contradicts a CORE issue of the conservative political agenda which talks about "murders" and "baby killers." It is also a political stance which affects the personal lives of millions of people who believe that abortion should be an option. So, why exactly should people ignore this level of hypocrisy for THIS issue?

The fact that she chose to ask Walker's wife for advise how to handle the press shows that Walker and his wife definitely had influence on her. It is just that it was not that heavy to the point of convincing her to LIE to the press about her past personal relationship with Walker or deny that she even has a kid with him!

You can imagine being supportive of a man's political career even though that man and his wife want you to dismiss in public (to the press) the relationship you had with that man and the painful experience you had during this relationship (abortion) and the fact that you have a kid with that man! It is easy to say such things as an outsider. In any case, your personal choices do not mean that you have any moral ground to criticize her choice!

In any case, the fact that she was hesitating to come out and share her story gives even more credibility to her story!

Last edited:
Conspiracies!

It's amazing you guys don't walk around with your heads exploding
They do.......we see it hear every day, especially after a particularly hot Tucker night.

This is doing something that contradicts a CORE issue of the conservative political agenda which talks about "murders" and "baby killers."
That's an "agenda" Dems are trying to pin on Reps and it's simply untrue for the majority.

A large majority of Reps support a woman's right to choose up to a point. That point may vary between about 6 and 20 weeks, with most landing somewhere near the 15-week point.

As far as if abortion is murder - well, abortion is what it is. However you might choose to view the concepts of life in terms of embryo/fetus, it is permanently ended with a successful abortion, and it happens by a deliberate, not accidental or natural action. I think we all have a clear understanding of what the outcome of the abortion procedure is, don't we?

My favorite part of the article:

The anonymous woman said that while she’s been a “good sport” about the campaign, after Walker’s denial, she could no longer keep this information from the public.

“I’ve been very civil thus far. I keep my mouth shut. I don’t cause any trouble. I stay in the background. But I’m also not gonna get run over time and time again,” she said. “That’s crazy.”

It's pretty clear she is a liar. She is trying to cause trouble. She is doing it in an uncivil manner. She isn't doing anything in the background.

She also claims to be hiding behind anonymity to protect her child but she drops lots of hints to her identity. It will not take much to out her if somebody wanted to.

Also these new details vast more doubt on the accuracy of her version of the story.

It is totally plausible that he had no idea why she was not feeling well afterward and sent the mother of his child a get well card along with a check to help her with household expenses while she was not well.

Do not believe all women because ones like have big credibility problems.
I edited the quote to which the poster responded (in red) to clearly separate it from his comments

@trouble13
Any comments about the new developments? Is it still clear to you that the woman a liar?

@gbg3

I noticed that you actually "liked" the above response.
Do you realize that the texts in your link agree 100% with the quote cited by trouble13 and with what I said today about her attitude?
'
The anonymous woman said that while she’s been a “good sport” about the campaign, after Walker’s denial, she could no longer keep this information from the public.

“I’ve been very civil thus far. I keep my mouth shut. I don’t cause any trouble. I stay in the background. But I’m also not gonna get run over time and time again,” she said. “That’s crazy.”

That's an "agenda" Dems are trying to pin on Reps and it's simply untrue for the majority.

A large majority of Reps support a woman's right to choose up to a point. That point may vary between about 6 and 20 weeks, with most landing somewhere near the 15-week point.

As far as if abortion is murder - well, abortion is what it is. However you might choose to view the concepts of life in terms of embryo/fetus, it is permanently ended with a successful abortion, and it happens by a deliberate, not accidental or natural action. I think we all have a clear understanding of what the outcome of the abortion procedure is, don't we?

The agenda you choose to ignore is EXACTLY the definition of this POINT which makes people "baby-killers"! The republicans simply want to redraw the line and Walker is among them!

I am not interested now in a philosophical discussion about what abortion is or isn't, but since you brought this issue, my position is that abortion within the parameters of Roe vs Wade is the termination of a form of life which has not acquired yet human characteristics. But philosophical discussions here are irrelevant. What is relevant is that the argument republican conservatives like Walker make for restricting abortions does not really reflect what they really think about abortions when THEIR personal life is threatened by an unwanted pregnancy. And because of this hypocrisy, their agenda becomes less convincing! So, the idea that somehow we should ignore this hypocrisy makes no sense, unless you are vested in defending the agenda of redrawing this "abortion point" in a way that limits the choices that couples have today!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom