• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

She Had an Abortion With Herschel Walker. She Also Had a Child With Him.

Her accusation is being used as evidence to confirm what you are alleging in your post. I am pointing out that she has a very big credibility problem.

He says he did not pay anyone to get an abortion. Without evidence that contradict his claim I have no reason not to take him at his word.

Do you have any evidence he is lying beyond a generic card and check that unspecific?

Sorry, but you missed point here if you think I accused him of anything. I was very careful to not accuse him and so I did not, but instead stuck to the established facts. Based on that, and that alone, I said that his very persona himself, is enough to reject him on all fronts.

Joey

I was very careful to not accuse him
Of course. He knows that. It's exactly why he said the opposite, in hopes of eliciting attention from you. You realize he manufactures these posts to get attention, right?

The republicans have turned themselves into a single brain cell monolith. Herschel walker isn't a man. He isn't black or white. He isn't a hypocrite. He isn't a mentally unstable liar.

He is an object: a senate vote. Repubicans know that he will vote the way he is told to vote, like the rest of the party does. All that matters to them is power.
You are describing the ginni five on the scrotus.

I think it explains it perfectly. They thought it was worth it in the sense that 1) maybe they'd get lucky and nothing major would come out, and 2) If it did they were hoping that since Republicans are all in for Trump they'd give Walker a pass too.

And clearly some of them are - if overlooking an abortion paid for by their candidate means they win power, then write that check Hershel!
They also might have believed because he's cognitively challenged that he'd be easy to control but they thought that about *Rump and it didn't go so well for them. It is especially satisfying when the R's fail at due diligence and it bites 'em where their brains reside.

I agree that it does not look good, but it needs independent confirmation. The Daily Beast is not exactly the most reliable and best established news outlet on the block. Not the worst either, but definitely not the best. The best indirect evidence backing this up is walkers' changing story and that is a strong signal, but not good enough at this point. Likewise, his sons response and Walkers' reaction to his sons poste are a bit iffy as well.

Joey.

You realize he manufactures these posts to get attention, right?

Yes, you're absolutely right there. But that is merely distracting and shifting focus. We should not fall for that. Not with him, or anyone else for that matter.

That's what everyone does who does not want to admit to wrongdoing. the 5 D's; Deny, Deflect, Defer, Downplay, and Delay.

Joost

Everybody seems to think he paid for this abortion except him.

I agree that it does not look good, but it needs independent confirmation. The Daily Beast is not exactly the most reliable and best established news outlet on the block. Not the worst either, but definitely not the best. The best indirect evidence backing this up is walkers' changing story and that is a strong signal, but not good enough at this point. Likewise, his sons response and Walkers' reaction to his sons poste are a bit iffy as well.

Joey.

Why is not it good enough? You sound like we are in a court room where some type of proof beyond reasonable doubt is necessary. This is not the case. As you admit, it is not JUST the story. It is a series of indicators coming from different sides

Stop the distractions and address the evidence with counterevidence to show WHY the right, and you personally, choose to believe Walker.
I think it's completely irrelevant whether Walker is believed or not. I think it's the typical just before an election tactic. I also don't care if Herschel dated a woman, she got pregnant and she got an abortion. I also don't care if Herschel dated the same woman for a while, she got pregnant again, and this time she made the opposite decision and had the child. These are both VERY common situations and there is no drama needing addressing. It's nothing more than an election tactic - and an overused one.
The attempt to make drama out of this (solely to impact an election) is disgusting and overused garbage - making the response from Herschel irrelevant, IMO.

I think it's completely irrelevant whether Walker is believed or not. I think it's the typical just before an election tactic. I also don't care if Herschel dated a woman, she got pregnant and she got an abortion. I also don't care if Herschel dated the same woman for a while, she got pregnant again, and this time she made the opposite decision and had the child. These are both VERY common situations and there is no drama needing addressing. It's nothing more than an election tactic - and an overused one.
The attempt to make drama out of this (solely to impact an election) is disgusting and overused garbage - making the response from Herschel irrelevant, IMO.

The fact that people typically scrutinize candidates more closely during election campaigns and expose their dirty laundry does not mean that the dirty laundry smells like a bouquet of roses!
I did not say that you should care if he dated a woman or if she and he agreed to have an abortion. My point is that IF YOU (or people like you) are strongly against abortions using names like "baby-killers" and "murder", THEN the details of what Walker did or did not with his girlfriend SHOULD MATTER!
The drama is created by the crowd who talks about "babies" when they describe the status of a 13 month old fetus which has the brain function of a shrimp!

Reactions: JMR
Why is not it good enough? You sound like we are in a court room where some type of proof beyond reasonable doubt is necessary. This is not the case. As you admit, it is not JUST the story. It is a series of indicators coming from different sides

It is not good enough because blindly believing what we hear is exactly what has gotten this world in its present much divided state. So without the stringent rules of a court process, we can still try to be a little more critical of the information put before us.

I agree that it does not look good, but I am just passing a note of caution.

Joey

The fact that people typically scrutinize candidates more closely during election campaigns and expose their dirty laundry does not mean that the dirty laundry smells like a bouquet of roses!
I did not say that you should care if he dated a woman or if she and he agreed to have an abortion. My point is that IF YOU (or people like you) are strongly against abortions using names like "baby-killers" and "murder", THEN the details of what Walker did or did not with his girlfriend SHOULD MATTER!
The drama is created by the crowd who talks about "babies" when they describe the status of a 13 month old fetus which has the brain function of a shrimp!

SPELL CHECK PLS! not months, but weeks I think is what you meant.

Joey

Reactions: JMR
We can strongly infer what it was for when we can connect the dots between this check the get-well card and the abortion clinic's receipt! But if you want to play the brain-dead voter...
She (anonymous woman) supposedly felt the need (ahem - or was paid, or ......) to come forward with the story to try to harm Herschel politically.
If she feels it's important to connect dots - she should come forth and connect them - provide much more than a picture of a card supposedly provided by an anonymous woman, face questions, and provide answers. We'll see if she (anonymous woman) chooses to do so. If she does, I hope she is asked and answers who else was involved with this story "coming out".

It is not good enough because blindly believing what we hear is exactly what has gotten this world in its present much divided state. So without the stringent rules of a court process, we can still try to be a little more critical of the information put before us.

I agree that it does not look good, but I am just passing a note of caution.

Joey

But, it is not as you say "blindly" believing somebody. It is about who do you believe more? If at this stage you choose to believe Walker more than the other side, you choose to go against the available evidence. And again, while you can dismiss individual indicators that he is lying, it is not that easy to dismiss the totality of all indicators coming from difference sources ,including from Walker's family members who know him more than you do.

She (anonymous woman) supposedly felt the need (ahem - or was paid, or ......) to come forward with the story to try to harm Herschel politically.
If she feels it's important to connect dots - she should come forth and connect them - provide much more than a picture of a card supposedly provided by an anonymous woman, face questions, and provide answers. We'll see if she (anonymous woman) chooses to do so. If she does, I hope she is asked and answers who else was involved with this story "coming out".

Again, the fact that Walker chose to run can certainly change the behavior of a woman,. Election campaigns force people to lie in public and such behavior can rub a former partner the wrong way. Also, if you think that this story was just made up because democrats paid her, then you ignore the fact that the woman obviously had a SIGNED get-well card which was shown to Walker and he did not deny it. He also did not deny the fact that the woman got a check from him of $ 700 in 2009. Do you know many cases of people giving such money and cards to strangers? Why does Walker continue to claim that he does not know that woman? Those details do not fit with your narrative that democrats somehow found a random woman and convince her to tell a fictitious story to harm Walker politically!

Ha ha ha my favorite today was Rush Replacements radio telling listeners it was ok to vote for him because the Senate doesn't do much anyway, maybe just vote for judges once in awhile. Such dumb gullibles.

Are you Ok with your elected officials, or those campaigning to be an elected official, lying to you, denying what anyone with a couple functioning brain cells
could plainly see? No wonder people like you don't trust government, the standards you hold for your representation are so low, even trump could get over
them. Oh wait...

I think it's the typical just before an election tactic.
I've searched and searched, and I just can't find anything where you denounced the handling of the emails/server investigation of Hillary, 2016.

But, it is not as you say "blindly" believing somebody. It is about who do you believe more? If at this stage you choose to believe Walker more than the other side, you choose to go against the available evidence. And again, while you can dismiss individual indicators that he is lying, it is not that easy to dismiss the totality of all indicators coming from difference sources ,including from Walker's family members who know him more than you do.

I agree, and never indicated otherwise. The only thing I am asking for is to be cautious. It's not like the information has come from AP or Reuters.

His sons' reaction is a strong indicator something happened, but he too avoids going to the core of the issue as well. There may well be more to the story than we know right now.

And Walker himself also has changed his story. Again, strong indicators, but still nothing nail him for. Not as of yet. That will come though.

But not to worry, this is how every story develops. Story is broken. Story is questioned. Story is backed-up (or not of course..)

And though this may not be a Legal Court Procedure where very strict rules apply, but this is the 'Court of Public Opinion' with a very critical audience.

Joey
Joey

I can't wait to see the Georgia cultists voting for a baby killer who puts the value of a human life at about 700 bucks give or take, has four babies (that we know of), with 4 baby mommas, and 4 children who grew up without a father figure because he was too busy banging other women to be a father. Pure garbage human. Disgusting garbage. He fits right in with the current GOP brand

I agree that these are common situations, however they are complicated by Walker's "drama" of stating he supports a ban on abortions with NO exceptions. So when it suited him he was for reproductive freedom, and now that he wants to be a Senator he's firmly against it. That kind of hypocrisy is also overused garbage.

I'm not rattled. I'm just bad at writing.
You're far from the only one and you aren't even in the top tier!!!!

With some DP posters, it's (or "it is" for those who have given up and always type "it is" now, because the difference between it's and its will always be beyond their comprehension) an ongoing challenge to try to decipher nearly all of their comments.

Of course it is a very common tactic! They both know whether it did or did not happen. The only reason to make it public is to make other people aware of that. And in this case the reason is very simple. He states one thing, but allegedly does an other thing. And that is surely a good enough reason to reveal this at this moment in time. It is not about the abortion. The abortion is irrelevant. It is about Walker claiming one thing while doing the opposite thing.

So that kind of behaviour is not disgusting. If you put yourself up for election and you make certain claims in order to gain votes. Than the only right thing to do is to expose this person if you know from experience that his claims are a lot of bollocks.

As with every scandal, it is all about the timing. If it is slander, than you can sue them in court. and rightfully so. This happens and this is not good since it can and does effect the outcome of the election. But if the statement is proven correct, than all your arguments that it is politically motivated are out of the window.

Joey.

I agree, and never indicated otherwise. The only thing I am asking for is to be cautious. It's not like the information has come from AP or Reuters.

His sons' reaction is a strong indicator something happened, but he too avoids going to the core of the issue as well. There may well be more to the story than we know right now.

And Walker himself also has changed his story. Again, strong indicators, but still nothing nail him for. Not as of yet. That will come though.

But not to worry, this is how every story develops. Story is broken. Story is questioned. Story is backed-up (or not of course..)

And though this may not be a Legal Court Procedure where very strict rules apply, but this is the 'Court of Public Opinion' with a very critical audience.

Joey
Joey

I am fine with the bold part.

By the way, AP and Reuters have reposted the story

Reuters goes even farther and talks about Walker's conservative influencer son

But one of Walker's sons, 23-year-old conservative social media influencer Christian Walker, blasted his father following Monday's report.

"Family values, people? He has four kids, four different women, wasn't in the house raising one of them. He was out having sex with other women," he said in a video aimed at conservative voters. "Y'all should care about that, conservatives."

Back
Top Bottom