• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sharia law used in the United Arab Emirates to jail gang-raped Australian woman

such crazy thing has nothing to do with Sharia or Islam, good for dearest western allies!

such crazy thing has nothing to do with Sharia or Islam, good for dearest western allies!

I'm not sure you can claim something that is being sanctioned by religious authorities, and based on interpretations of religious text and concepts, as having nothing to do with the religion, in general.

I hope the liberals who believe in multiculturalism take note of such realities of different cultures.

It kind of odd to hear this from conservatives, who have supported every criminal political group on the planet.

Thank-You.

Exactly my unstated point, along with making it a point there are drawbacks to embracing multiculturalism.

I don't know what multiculturalism has to do with it. You don't say that the United Arab Emirates is a multicultural society, do you?

It kind of odd to hear this from conservatives, who have supported every criminal political group on the planet.

Considering that the UAE is pretty much the opposite of a multicultural society I'd say there was some knee-jerk reflex action happening in here.

I don't know what multiculturalism has to do with it. You don't say that the United Arab Emirates is a multicultural society, do you?
My point about multiculturalism is that there is a large number of people with social liberal values. These people tell us we must accept otther culturs. I only wish to point out that this is a different culture, and that social liberals need to keep in mind there are still limitation they should have in their tolerance or acceptance of other cultures.

Do you think a social liberal should embrace this culture like they tell everyone to do with other cultures?

I'm not sure you can claim something that is being sanctioned by religious authorities, and based on interpretations of religious text and concepts, as having nothing to do with the religion, in general.

show me one single Sharia law to justify that. for example American dearest ally "Saudi Arabia" claim that women shouldn't drive because of Sharia law!!! is it anything to do with Islam or just some crazy goverment do such crazy thing!!!

Do you think a social liberal should embrace this culture like they tell everyone to do with other cultures?

Where do they do this?

I have heard the claim made against them innumerable times; but am struggling vain to see where precisely this has actually occurred.

Maybe I need to stop searching my memory and instead engage my imagination? :)

Are you really going to defend the rapists?
How do you know for sure she was raped? until I get a legitimate source with proof beyond reasonable doubt, they're all innocent until proven guilty. Obviously the court does not believe her story which means according to them she didn't have enough evidence.

Rape convictions do happen without witnesses and with circumstantial evidence heres one example;
Call me a survivor, says gang-raped woman in Dubai | GulfNews.com

It's interesting. You must be a sharia sympathiser, no way around it. Either that, or a real f---ing @#$%^&*. Take your pick or use your imagination.

Yes I am the gay ex-muslim Sharia advocate, caught with my pants down ;/

Woman, 29, sues UAE hotel after rape then JAILED for sex outside of marriage | Mail Online

We know that an Australian woman was imprisoned for 8 months after complaining to UAE police that she was gangraped. How much more do you need to know?

She wasn't imprisoned for complaining to the police, she along with some of the suspects were imprisoned because presumably there was evidence of sexual intercourse outside of marriage which is illegal, and lack of proof beyond doubt according to the court that sentenced her that it was non consensual.

Last edited:
My point about multiculturalism is that there is a large number of people with social liberal values. These people tell us we must accept otther culturs. I only wish to point out that this is a different culture, and that social liberals need to keep in mind there are still limitation they should have in their tolerance or acceptance of other cultures.

Tolerance of other cultures has nothing to do with embracing the ridiculous exesses that religious fundamentalists impose wherever they get the upper hand. This example of sharia is no worse than some of the deformities that Christian fundamentalists have twisted society into, and would again if allowed to. Anyone who doesn't believe in the separation of church and state needs to pay attention to things like this.
The idea of multiculturalism has to do with an alternative to the 'melting pot'. where immigrants are tossed into American society and all come out the same. Multiculturalism would allow everyone to express their heritage within the context of American society.

She wasn't imprisoned for complaining to the police, she along with some of the suspects were imprisoned because presumably there was evidence of sexual intercourse outside of marriage which is illegal, and lack of proof beyond doubt according to the court that sentenced her that it was non consensual.
I never said she was imprisoned because she complained to the police, I pointed out that what we know is that a woman was imprisoned for 8 months after complaining to the police about getting gangraped. You honestly don't think this situation warrants condemnation on the part of every civilized human being on the planet?

...plus Neither Sharia nor the law in (UAE) requires four witnesses for rape conviction. That is for adultery and premarital sex, however those witnesses are not required if there is forensic evidence (a pregnancy for example).

But what if rapists do not impregnate her such as it was the case with Gali? Or have you not seen the video? Go see the video first.

What I would like to state here is that Gali was charged for drinking alcohol also. This issue is also important and I think it is unjustly being shadowed or grouped with "Anonymous Alcoholic's" complaints.

Now Gali is not an alcoholic, does not appears to be. The government in UAE promote no alcohol laws but they allow their bars full of alcohol. When she chooses to use theses offered products she is charged for them. Conflicting enough?

The assumptions in Islam are that humans are way worse than animals and need religion to hold instincts at bay. Thereby woman must wear clothes that hide their natural beauty otherwise they will be raped like Gali.

I am beginning to think that if they really believe in these premises they they really are lower than humans and they MUST have Islam to keep them more civil! But the rest of us shall not fall for such de-huminizing assumptions. If Arabs are lower than human do need such instinctive oppressive religious regimes then let them have it, beware of their rules when you visit them, and let them be.

But their spread of their religious intolerance to human values should not cross borders. I would like to use this happening as a good illustration to what is Turkiye fighting against. Erdogan is too religious, he has banned alcohol after 21:00, and has made several other religious moves. The risk is that religion values there is weighting itself above national values with consequences of it too being dragged to this sort of dehuminizing assumptions of extreme Islam!

As a rule of thumb, always check how free people in a country have access to alcohol or not. It is not because AA's take it seriously but it is extreme Islamist religious leaders that take it seriously. When they have their ways in power you have incidents like Gali, but nearer to our countries.

I never said she was imprisoned because she complained to the police, I pointed out that what we know is that a woman was imprisoned for 8 months after complaining to the police about getting gangraped. You honestly don't think this situation warrants condemnation on the part of every civilized human being on the planet?

I think the charges brought on ALL Parties are reprehensible, a prison sentence for consensual sex is just silly. Prison for false accusations though is fair, I wonder if the guys are allowed to sue.

What I would like to state here is that Gali was charged for drinking alcohol also. This issue is also important and I think it is unjustly being shadowed or grouped with "Anonymous Alcoholic's" complaints.

Now Gali is not an alcoholic, does not appears to be. The government in UAE promote no alcohol laws but they allow their bars full of alcohol. When she chooses to use theses offered products she is charged for them. Conflicting enough?

Wasn't she drinking without a license?, you need a licence to drink in Dubai.

Wasn't she drinking without a license?, you need a licence to drink in Dubai.

A license?! To drink?! Why! This is very new for me!

Nice to have you around Lonewolf, Selam an Alykum and all that. I would like to exchange some questions with you so if you do not mind:

- Pray do tell, who qualifies for licenses to drink in UAE?

- Which authority determines who gets to drink, what, and when?

- I know who determines these things in Turkiye. For now it is Erdogan. But who is it in UAE?

- How is the situation in regards to access to alcohol in Egypt?

And when you are in Rome do as the Romans do.

What? This girl was raped? SHE didn't do anything wrong yet was punished for being a victim of what would be considered a crime in every other place except for these backward ass regions that really NEED to join us here in the year 2013.

EVERYONE with an ounce of common sense should condemn Sharia law. It's disgusting.

What? This girl was raped? SHE didn't do anything wrong yet was punished for being a victim of what would be considered a crime in every other place except for these backward ass regions that really NEED to join us here in the year 2013.

EVERYONE with an ounce of common sense should condemn Sharia law. It's disgusting.

Wow, that's a very disgusting statement.

Wow, that's a very disgusting statement.

How so? If you're supportive of Sharia law, then THAT is disgusting. That means you support treating women like, at the VERY LEAST, second-class citizens if not dogs. Wake up to the reality that is Sharia law.

How so? If you're supportive of Sharia law, then THAT is disgusting. That means you support treating women like, at the VERY LEAST, second-class citizens if not dogs. Wake up to the reality that is Sharia law.

Respect the laws of the respective countries. When you are in Rome do as the Romans do. Michael Fay got caning here for vandalism some years back.

Muslim states reject UN ban on violence against women as violating Islamic law

Muslim states reject UN ban on violence against women as violating Islamic law
Saturday, 15 June 2013 03:35 Acharya S Contributing Writers - Acharya S/D.M. Murdock
How can it continue to be maintained that Islam is peaceful and "good for women?" Not only does the Koran sanction discrimination and bigotry against women, as well as wife-beating, but Islamic or sharia law includes the right to marry females of any age and to have sex with girls as young as nine years old. Women are considered worth one-half of men, if that, and female sexuality is viewed as so perilous that women in fundamentalist areas and families must wear oppressive clothing. Moreover, around 140 million women and girls worldwide have their genitals hacked off or otherwise mutilated, the bulk of which female genital mutilation is justified in the name of Islam.

Now, Islamic states have rejected legislation by the United Nations Human Rights Council that would outlaw violence against women, including rape within a marital situation. It is claimed that not beating and raping women, therefore, is "un-Islamic," which means that beating and raping women is Islamic. Again, how will defenders of Islam keep up the charade of "peace" and benefit for females?

Below is the Kuwait News Ageny report on this latest disgrace involving the world's most misogynistic ideology. The highlighted paragraphs concern the "right" of men according to Islamic law to beat and rape their wives, as well as the ability of a rapist to escape prosecution by "marrying" his victim, whether or not she is willing. Also rejected were sections of the resolution that "subdued" the prosecution of rape victims for "moral crimes or slander." It need not be pointed out that the prosecution and imprisonment of rape victims is among the lowest forms of barbarism in the world. Yet, here these various Islamic states are acknowledging that such anti-woman savagery is part of Islam.

Respect the laws of the respective countries. When you are in Rome do as the Romans do. Michael Fay got caning here for vandalism some years back.

No, respect HUMAN rights, as human beings these women DESERVE for people to be outraged at the treatment they receive, as well as little girls.

Back
Top Bottom