• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sexting laws. Corrupt?

its all pretty harmless though you have to admit.

its all pretty harmless though you have to admit.

Tell that to the young woman whose pictures circulate around her entire school.

Young men and women need to know better than to do this. They need to stop doing this. But these prosecutors are going about it in an unacceptable and morally abhorrent fashion.

Tell that to the young woman whose pictures circulate around her entire school.

Young men and women need to know better than to do this. They need to stop doing this. But these prosecutors are going about it in an unacceptable and morally abhorrent fashion.

i agree, if it circulates that is a bummer but there shouldnt be laws prohibiting it just more educated kids, and as disturbing as it sounds i would rather kids send each other nude pics then send some perv their address.

i agree, if it circulates that is a bummer but there shouldnt be laws prohibiting it just more educated kids...

The people doing the circulating need to be taught a lesson. A harsh lesson.

Placing them on the sex offender registry for the rest of their lives... is too harsh a lesson and too permanent for what is essentially a youthful indiscretion.

... and as disturbing as it sounds i would rather kids send each other nude pics then send some perv their address.

If they're having sex, I don't see what it matters whether they've having sex with a 45 year old or another 15 year old. The consequences are the same.

When it comes to a Minor Sexting to another Minor that is a parental issue, but if it as a minor sending to a adult or vise versa then the law should step in.

the current laws seem to be over the top.
IMO, the parents of the child with the phone should be charged with a misdemeanor form of child negligence, then escalate it if there are more occurences. that goes for anyone else who has phone with the pic as well.
itll force the parents of these kids into paying more attention to their kids.

kids by themselves did not get the phone. an adult took responsibility and signed for it, ergo theyve also taken responsibility for what happens with it.

i often grab my kids phone to see whats been going on.(i also know their various web names and the genre of web sites they hang out on.)
their cell phones are my link to them wherever they go and i have instant access to my children pretty much 24/7.
IIRC, the school here does not leave a phone out so students can call for after hour acedemics, sports, detention, etc. and havent for years.

okay man, first of all, I'm not a bad parent at all. Second, maybe in you're judgement, slaving our children is the best way to control them. I want them to be free, seeing as I fought for that during my collage years. My judgement in their communications are my own. And it kind of sounds like you think i'm an bad parent, or you think you're better then me in some how. this law on sexting is the most corrupt law we have today, no matter what parent.

Fought for that in college? Did Berkley declare war on Stanford?

Kids who go to private schools or are home schooled are just as likely, I'm sure, to do sexting as kids who go to public school.

You should probably look into that. Kids with more direct supervision are not likely to have the privacy to do such a thing that sexting requires.

Back
Top Bottom