• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sex Dolls and Pedophelia

By having urges they are a danger.

Urges are not a danger if they are controllable. Pedophiles spend the majority of their lives controlling their urges just like the rest of us.

How about alcoholics? There is no cure for alcoholism. They hurt more people than pedophiles by a long shot. Should everyone who has ever sought treatment for alcoholism have their freedom taken away? Should they be barred from ever driving again and put on a register somewhere and kept away from vehicles? If not, why not?

Yes it does need to be cured. We do ban alcoholics from getting driver's licenses if they kill someone in traffic while intoxicated. This is good if you can't behave like everyone else you deserve to be punished.

Nobody should care if they can help it or not because they absolutely can help it.

But not if they don't. That's the point. No one is arguing that child molesters should not be locked up for the good of society. A pedophile who has never committed a crime is not a child molester and should be treated no differently than an alcoholic who has never committed a crime from a legal standpoint.

No, I just chose to lower myself to your 'debate' level.
Heaven forbid you support your claims.
Finally...geez.

So this is essentially conversion therapy for pedophiles which is proven not to work in any other attempts.
I said I don't have time to repeat myself and you implied I was a coward and a pseudo-intellectual. When people act like jerks then I lose my patience.
you wouldn't have had to repeat yourself over and over if you just answered the question I asked the first time instead of dragging it out.

Last edited:
Urges are not a danger if they are controllable.
if your urge is to assault children then yes it is. And the whole idea behind an urge is it something you can't control.
Pedophiles spend the majority of their lives controlling their urges just like the rest of us.
comparing the urge to assault children to the urge to say eat a piece of chocolate cake or steal a little bit of money is a false comparison.

I'm not going to commend them for not assaulting children I don't assault children everyday.
How about alcoholics? There is no cure for alcoholism.
if drinking alcohol resulted in assaulting children you would have a good comparison there but it doesn't so it's not
They hurt more people than pedophiles by a long shot. Should everyone who has ever sought treatment for alcoholism have their freedom taken away?
drinking alcohol does not hurt people molesting children does.

Should they be barred from ever driving again and put on a register somewhere and kept away from vehicles? If not, why not?
if they injure or kill somebody absolutely they should be kept in jail for injury 10 to 25 years. if they kill somebody they should never be allowed to drive again I would say never be allowed to enter society again.

We're talking about two very different things a habit such as drinking alcohol that leads to a problem. Molesting children is not the same thing as drinking alcohol.

Heaven forbid you support your claims.
Finally...geez.

You do realize answers are a Google search away, right?

So this is essentially conversion therapy for pedophiles which is proven not to work in any other attempts.

Why do I bother linking anything to you if you don't read it? There is no 'conversion' therapy. Most of the references are to therapy that seeks to suppress/control pedaphilic urges, not convert.

But not if they don't. That's the point. No one is arguing that child molesters should not be locked up for the good of society. A pedophile who has never committed a crime is not a child molester and should be treated no differently than an alcoholic who has never committed a crime from a legal standpoint.
A pedophile who has never molested is like an alcoholic who has never taken a drink.

Your analogy is poor try again.

if your urge is to assault children then yes it is. And the whole idea behind an urge is it something you can't control.

Do you even read the things you write? Seriously, if you think urges cannot be controlled then you must have zero willpower.

A pedophile who has never molested is like an alcoholic who has never taken a drink.

So someone cannot be heterosexual without having intercourse with the opposite sex? Think before you post.

You do realize answers are a Google search away, right?
you like to lecture people on debate.

It is your burden to support your claims not mine.

Why do I bother linking anything to you if you don't read it? There is no 'conversion' therapy. Most of the references are to therapy that seeks to suppress/control pedaphilic urges, not convert.
conversion therapy for something like a homosexual seeks to suppress or control those sexual urges through aversion.

I'm sorry you don't know anything about conversion therapy. But this is exactly what they've been doing to gay people and trans people for decades it doesn't work.

It's not help.

I'm sorry if you find this inconvenient and if you want to go on a personal tirade about it I will just delete that from your post and respond only to the argument if you provide any which I doubt.

Your analogy is poor try again.

You are conflating child molesters with pedophiles again. Not all pedophiles are child molesters. A pedophile who never molested a child is still a pedophile.

Do you even read the things you write? Seriously, if you think urges cannot be controlled then you must have zero willpower.
if you think everyone has infinite willpower this must be your first day on planet Earth.

Apparently I'm talking to someone who's never had an urge to do anything ever in their life. Sure I could resist my urges to think about sex with men. I could probably suppress it for a long time, but eventually will power I have will wear out.

it's not that you have to have zero willpower to permanently resist an urge it's that you have to have infinite willpower to permanently resist an urge.

You must have no understanding of The human condition at all.

You are conflating child molesters with pedophiles again.
no I'm not, child molesters are pedophiles.
Not all pedophiles are child molesters. A pedophile who never molested a child is still a pedophile.
again the paraphilia informs the behavior.

if you think everyone has infinite willpower this must be your first day on planet Earth.

Apparently I'm talking to someone who's never had an urge to do anything ever in their life. Sure I could resist my urges to think about sex with men. I could probably suppress it for a long time, but eventually will power I have will wear out.

it's not that you have to have zero willpower to permanently resist an urge it's that you have to have infinite willpower to permanently resist an urge.

You must have no understanding of The human condition at all.

Plenty of homosexual Christians resisted acting on their urges their entire lives.

no I'm not, child molesters are pedophiles.

Child molesters are pedophiles (or just ****ed up sadists), but not all pedophiles are child molesters. It seems you are acting willfully ignorant here.

So someone cannot be heterosexual without having intercourse with the opposite sex? Think before you post.
I would say think before you straw man. Someone is not heterosexual if they do not desire having sexual relationships with someone of the opposite sex.

Did the finding characteristic of heterosexual is sexual attraction toward the opposite sex.

You can't control this at some point you're going to give in.

I would say think before you straw man. Someone is not heterosexual if they do not desire having sexual relationships with someone of the opposite sex.

Did the finding characteristic of heterosexual is sexual attraction toward the opposite sex.

You can't control this at some point you're going to give in.

Of course it can be controlled. People spend their whole lives controlling urges. That's what separates us from chimpanzees.

Child molesters are pedophiles (or just ****ed up sadists)
I don't really care what particular reason they like to molest children whether they're attracted to them or they want to torture them it's all terrible.
but not all pedophiles are child molesters. It seems you are acting willfully ignorant here.
quote me saying that all pedophiles are child molesters?

Your argument is moot. I don't believe people who want to abuse children have necessarily abused children. I'm saying they have a hyperensity to do that because they want to.

you like to lecture people on debate.

It is your burden to support your claims not mine.

You don't need to ask the question if you can just do a simple search and immediately find the answer. :rolleyes:

conversion therapy for something like a homosexual seeks to suppress or control those sexual urges through aversion.

Conversion literally means to change from one form to another. Conversion therapy sought to change homosexuals to heterosexuals which obviously does not work. The therapy for pedophiles does not seek to convert them to being attracted to mature adults, but to suppress their urges through various means. We all suppress urges, whether it be for salty snacks, hookers, or useless junk.

Of course it can be controlled. People spend their whole lives controlling urges. That's what separates us from chimpanzees.
To a certain degree yes. But if you slip up you just wrecked a child's life. Further these people afflicted with this will tell you that they can't control it. It's far more likely that the people pretending that they can are delusional.

Any therapist who claims to have provided this help to pedophile and should that pedophile patient molester child the therapist should be held criminally liable as though they didn't themselves.

The risk to society is too great.

To a certain degree yes. But if you slip up you just wrecked a child's life. Further these people afflicted with this will tell you that they can't control it. It's far more likely that the people pretending that they can are delusional.

Any therapist who claims to have provided this help to pedophile and should that pedophile patient molester child the therapist should be held criminally liable as though they didn't themselves.

In other words, you support prosecuting thought crimes. You are exactly the kind of person Orwell warned about.

And yet an alcoholic who slips up can kill a carload of children in a fiery car accident. Is this less of a risk to society?

You don't need to ask the question if you can just do a simple search and immediately find the answer. :rolleyes:
it wasn't my claim. You are shifting the burden of proof from yourself to me that is a textbook logical fallacy.

Your claim is bullshit. You presented conversion therapy which amounts to faith healing. Why not present a chiropractors claim that subluxation causes pedophilia.

Conversion literally means to change from one form to another. Conversion therapy sought to change homosexuals to heterosexuals which obviously does not work.
I'm sorry the people that practice this sort of aversion therapy named it incorrectly but you need to take it up with them what you presented was precisely the same thing that happens in conversion therapy.

Conversion therapy does not convert a gay person into a heterosexual. That was propaganda I'm sorry it's a misnomer but people who make propaganda don't normally come off as honest.
The therapy for pedophiles does not seek to convert them to being attracted to mature adults, but to suppress their urges through various means.
100% exactly like conversion therapy it didn't seek to make homosexuals into heterosexuals it sought strictly to suppress the heterosexual desires and urges.

I'm sorry you believe the propaganda that these liars that practice this crap told you.
We all suppress urges, whether it be for salty snacks, hookers, or useless junk.
The difference is if in a moment of weakness I decide to indulge in a candy bar or a soft pretzel a child's life isn't destroyed.

It's not enough that they just have the average amount of willpower they have to have infinite willpower otherwise a child's life is ruined.

Do you know what the suicide rate is for children who suffer sexual abuse? Do those lives just not matter?

Back
Top Bottom