• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sex Dolls and Pedophelia

In other words, you support prosecuting thought crimes. You are exactly the kind of person Orwell warned about.
First molesting a child is not a thought crime that is sexual assault.

Second, I never mentioned prosecuting people for thoughts.

And yet an alcoholic who slips up can kill a carload of children in a fiery car accident. Is this less of a risk to society?
An alcoholic that slips up and has one alcoholic beverage calls a taxi and returns home is a slip up.

A pedophile that has a slip up and sexually abuses one child that's a slip up.

An alcoholic can slip up and not endanger anybody. A pedophile cannot.

it wasn't my claim. You are shifting the burden of proof from yourself to me that is a textbook logical fallacy.

Your claim is bullshit. You presented conversion therapy which amounts to faith healing. Why not present a chiropractors claim that subluxation causes pedophilia.

Once again, it is not conversion therapy (and once again, I have to repeat myself to you because information doesn't seem to take the first time around). Learn what conversion means.

Faith healing? WTF are you talking about? There is no religion in that link.

I'm sorry the people that practice this sort of aversion therapy named it incorrectly but you need to take it up with them what you presented was precisely the same thing that happens in conversion therapy.

The only one using words incorrectly (e.g. 'conversion') is you.

I'm sorry you believe the propaganda that these liars that practice this crap told you.

You didn't even know there was therapy for pedophiles. Suddenly *presto* you are now and expert and declare it 'CRAP!' Excuse me while I laugh at your arrogant post. 🤣

An alcoholic that slips up and has one alcoholic beverage calls a taxi and returns home is a slip up.

A pedophile that has a slip up and sexually abuses one child that's a slip up.

An alcoholic can slip up and not endanger anybody. A pedophile cannot.

An alcoholic that has a slip up and drives drunk and kills someone is also a slip up. How are you going to prevent alcoholics from doing this?

That's drawing a distinction between an addiction and a predilection.

An alcoholic has to have drank to the point where it was a problem.

A pedophile does not. Just thinking about it makes them a pedophile. Thinking about alcohol without ever taking a sip does not make you an alcoholic.

So you failed at quoting where I said all pedophiles are child molesters.

It's okay I knew you would because I know what I said.

The difference is if in a moment of weakness I decide to indulge in a candy bar or a soft pretzel a child's life isn't destroyed.

The point is, urges are suppressible. But you cannot lock someone up for thought crimes. If you like that kind of thing then you are free to move to North Korea.

First molesting a child is not a thought crime that is sexual assault.

I never said anything about molesting a child being a thought crime. :rolleyes:

Second, I never mentioned prosecuting people for thoughts.

Then what, in your mind, should be done if the 'risk to society is so great?'

Once again, it is not conversion therapy (and once again, I have to repeat myself to you because information doesn't seem to take the first time around). Learn what conversion means.
once again repeating the same incorrect thing doesn't all of a sudden magically make it right.

I know what conversion means when you're trying to sell snake oil like conversion therapy to somebody, you don't call it snake oil you use improper words to describe it so you can fool them into doing it.

Again I'm sorry that propagandist s use the incorrect term to describe what conversion therapy really is.

I'm sorry you think that repeating the same incorrect statement makes it somehow magically correct.
Faith healing? WTF are you talking about? There is no religion in that link.
right it's just the exact same thing as gay conversion therapy.

and once again I understand what conversion means they misnamed gay conversion therapy in order to sucker people into doing it.

Again is this your first day on planet Earth.

The only one using words incorrectly (e.g. 'conversion') is you.
false I'm not the only one the people who had administered gay conversion therapy were using it the same exact way I'm using it.

Again they were the people that named it if they're not using the words correctly you have an issue with them not me.

You didn't even know there was therapy for pedophiles. Suddenly *presto* you are now and expert and declare it 'CRAP!' Excuse me while I laugh at your arrogant post. 🤣
it's just modified gay conversion therapy.

Once again I know they call it conversion therapy but they don't convert anything they don't seek to convert anything they only seek to subdue urges and desires.

I'm sorry you are ignorant on the subject and absolutely obstinate and learning about it.

once again repeating the same incorrect thing doesn't all of a sudden magically make it right.

I know what conversion means when you're trying to sell snake oil like conversion therapy to somebody, you don't call it snake oil you use improper words to describe it so you can fool them into doing it.

Again I'm sorry that propagandist s use the incorrect term to describe what conversion therapy really is.

I'm sorry you think that repeating the same incorrect statement makes it somehow magically correct.
right it's just the exact same thing as gay conversion therapy.

and once again I understand what conversion means they misnamed gay conversion therapy in order to sucker people into doing it.

Again is this your first day on planet Earth.

false I'm not the only one the people who had administered gay conversion therapy were using it the same exact way I'm using it.

Again they were the people that named it if they're not using the words correctly you have an issue with them not me.

it's just modified gay conversion therapy.

Once again I know they call it conversion therapy but they don't convert anything they don't seek to convert anything they only seek to subdue urges and desires.

I'm sorry you are ignorant on the subject and absolutely obstinate and learning about it.

Once again, CLAX pretending to be an expert on something he didn't even know existed. 🤣 Your schtick is tired and it now bores me. Bye.

The point is, urges are suppressible.
sure again I can suppress my heart to eat chocolate or have a salty snack. But if I slip up and have one a child isn't molested.
But you cannot lock someone up for thought crimes.
for the third time I'm not talking about locking somebody up for thoughts.

You can repeat this straw man a thousand times it's never going to be my argument.

The evangelicals tried to CONVERT homosexuals to heterosexuals. The stuff I posted refers to nothing about conversion. You are making shit up.

Oh the hypocrisy and irony is too much. 😂

Once again, CLAX pretending to be an expert on something he didn't even know existed. 🤣 Your schtick is tired and it now bores me. Bye.
I never pretended to be an expert I just know a lot about conversion therapy it seems I know a lot more about it than you do.

I read about the techniques I considered doing it.

I know what it is I've spoken to people who've been through it I spoken to people who've administered it it is not conversion that name is a misnomer to sell it to people.

The link you presented was the same thing just modified for pedophiles.

I'm sorry you don't know this I'm not an expert because I know something you don't know. I'm just more knowledgeable that doesn't make me an expert.

The evangelicals tried to CONVERT homosexuals to heterosexuals.
through strictly suppressing homosexual desires and urges. That's why it being titled conversion therapy is propaganda because it doesn't convert homosexuals into heterosexuals.
The stuff I posted refers to nothing about conversion.
I didn't say it referred to anything. I was comparing methodology and technique. The methodology and technique to suppress pedophiles urges and desires are almost identical to the methods conversion therapy employed to suppress homosexuals urges and desires.

It actually worked to a degre it didn't convert any homosexuals into heterosexuals but it did cause homosexuals to try and suppress their urges and desires until they couldn't any more.

I never pretended to be an expert I just know a lot about conversion therapy it seems I know a lot more about it than you do.

Which has nothing to do with the link I posted. You are trying to conflate one thing to another. I see right through your bullshit.

The link you presented was the same thing just modified for pedophiles.

No Christian crap. No conversion. Yet somehow it's the same ****ing thing to you. Dude, give it a rest.

I'm sorry you don't know this I'm not an expert because I know something you don't know. I'm just more knowledgeable that doesn't make me an expert.

Except you are not at all knowledgeable about the therapy provided to pedophiles. Just because you had experience with conversion therapy doesn't make you knowledgeable on ALL forms of therapy.

I never said anything about molesting a child being a thought crime.
then you weren't paying attention because that's the only crime I referenced.

Then what, in your mind, should be done if the 'risk to society is so great?'
watch people who express desire to molest children.

Last edited:
Which has nothing to do with the link I posted. You are trying to conflate one thing to another. I see right through your bullshit.
all you're seeing through is your caricature of me.

I wasn't trying to conflate anything I was drawing similarity between two different things.

No Christian crap. No conversion. Yet somehow it's the same ****ing thing to you. Dude, give it a rest.
If your argument is the only difference between applying these practices to pedophiles and applying these practices to homosexuals is involvement of religion then you grossly misunderstood the comparison I was drawing.

It's not the organizations that present them it's not their affiliations and it's not the empty promises that I'm comparing.

Repeating these things as though somehow I'm going to magically start agreeing with you is going to prove to be a fruitless endeavor.

I'm comparing methodology and practice.

Except you are not at all knowledgeable about the therapy provided to pedophiles. Just because you had experience with conversion therapy doesn't make you knowledgeable on ALL forms of therapy.
I didn't claim to be at all knowledgeable about the therapy provided to pedophiles. I was commenting only on the link you provided. In methodology and practice it's very similar to gay conversion therapy modified for pedophiles.

If you're going to argue against my position you should at least understand my position.

An alcoholic that has a slip up and drives drunk and kills someone is also a slip up. How are you going to prevent alcoholics from doing this?
An alcoholic that has a slip-up doesn't have to drive drunk. Driving drunk is a compounding circumstance.

An alcoholic slips up by having a drink.

A pedophile slips up by acting on their urges once regardless of any compounding circumstances. they don't have to get in the car they don't have to drive anywhere they don't have to slam into somebody.

All they have to do is they equivalent of having one drink.

The fact you cannot make the connection I am making is quite telling, but keep projecting your own intellectual insecurities on others (yes, it is quite obvious).

How is a human in the form of a computer graphic any different than physical material in the form of a human? Neither have rights. Neither are sentient or living. What if a pedophile humps a pillow? Should that be okay or not okay legally? What if he humps a pillow with a smiley face? Now, what if the pillow is shaped like a human? Where do you draw the line?
You draw the line at what is considered a danger for a child. Your rather silly examples tell me you have no clue as to where that line is.

Good luck getting pedophiles to come forward and seek help with that policy. You would do far more harm than good.
Peadophiles are not likely to come forward because there already exists an attitude of hate towards them. And if they do come forward then it would be naive of them indeed to expect anyone to feel sympathy of consider that they should not at the very least be put on a register.

From your source:

The goal of treatment, therefore, is to prevent someone from acting on pedophile urges — either by decreasing sexual arousal around children or increasing the ability to manage that arousal.

It doesn't need to be curable. It can be treated and managed. Alcoholism can't be cured either. Should we ban alcoholics from getting driver's licenses in order to make the roads safer?
True, we can not cure them the best that can be done is we attempt to reduce their desire to have sex.
But sex is not the only consideration when dealing with a peadophile. there is also grooming which is just as henious jus as dangerous for a child as is the rape of a child. And these methods do nothing to counter the grooming of a child.

Peadophiles are not likely to come forward because there already exists an attitude of hate towards them. And if they do come forward then it would be naive of them indeed to expect anyone to feel sympathy of consider that they should not at the very least be put on a register.

I'm not talking about them coming forward to the public. I'm talking about seeking anonymous help from a therapist.

You draw the line at what is considered a danger for a child.

Which is what? Why are you so vague?

Your rather silly examples tell me you have no clue as to where that line is.

And yet you have not made clear what that line actually is.

A variation on "Don't Ask Don't Tell."

First, most children who are molested are molested at the hands of a family member, not some sicko stranger. Your reasoning says every child is a potential victim therefore every family member who "might do harm" must be monitored.

You're ideal is that we must protect the child, even at the cost of stripping a citizen of their constitutional protections without due process because of what they might do. What shall we call it? Pre-crime screen? And of course we need to make this known to the public, including any and all potential employers.
There is no constitutional right here. To use the words of your founding fathers, your right to swing your fist ends at the point of contact with mu nose. A peadophiles rights to freedom end when they threaten a child.
And yes if the childs is molested by a family member which is quite likely then that person needs to be dealt with.

A variation of don't ask don't tell means that you are quite happy to wait until a child is molested or killed before you will do anything, Brilliant.

Uncontrollable impulses can be managed with therapy.

Now let me ask you the same question: If uncontrollable impulses with the potential to put others in danger are enough to warrant monitoring by a government agency, how about we put alcoholics on a national registry? What about people in anger management therapy? Tag and monitor in order to "intercept" them before they commit the crimes we think they are capable of?
If they are uncontollable then what will a therapy do as a therapy is a way of controlling impulses. You seem not to recognise an obvious contradiction in terms.

And yes. I will be satisfied with the outcome that we are not putting people on a registry for sharing that they have a paraphilia. I am satisfied that someone who has a sexual attraction to children can remain free until and unless he or she acts on this attraction and attempts to commit a crime.
I agree. They should commit the crime if they are to sent to jail. However they are also a danger to children and therefor need to be registered even if they do not commit a crime. It is unfortunate but that really is the only means we have. And peadophilia is such that to trust they will ot commit a crime means that if we are wrong then a child suffers.
Now let me ask you the same question: If uncontrollable impulses with the potential to put others in danger are enough to warrant monitoring by a government agency, how about we put alcoholics on a national registry? What about people in anger management therapy? Tag and monitor in order to "intercept" them before they commit the crimes we think they are capable of?
Alcoholism is an addiction. Peadophilia is an obsession. two different things. and we do put people with anger management on a watch. They are often accompanied with a warrant to not go any where near the person they target with their anger.
This is not a case of one solution fits all problems. peadophilia is a problem where the only viable means of control we do have is to put them on a register. Where as anger and alcoholism can be managed with therapies and counselling. peadophillia cannot be managed by these methods.

[/QUOTE]
Which is what? Why are you so vague?

And yet you have not made clear what that line actually is.

It really does not take much wit to figure it out. The paraphanalia and or pictures that is discovered on a person as well as psychiatric evaluation and hopefully even a confession is what is needed to know whether it is a peadophile we are dealing with or just someone who is curious.

Back
Top Bottom