• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sessions: ‘You Don’t Have a Constitutional Right to Come to America’

The thread starts out with Sessions saying there is no Constitutional right to come to America.

Among a free agreements with that statement were the usual trollish accusations of strawman argument, et al, 'because nobody said there was a Constitutional right to come to America." Let's consider the statement at face value.

There is no Constitutional right to come to America. That is a factual statement. It is as factual as saying the price of oil today is $XXX per barrel or the temperature in Detroit is XX at this hour. You don't see them saying that stating the price of oil or the temperature in Detroit is a straw man. But that's the label they put on a statement about a Constitutional right re immigration.

The difference is, that some are so anxious for people not to realize that there is no Constitutional right to come to America, they immediately try to change the subject. It is somehow bad or evil to focus on a concept that there is no Constitutional right to come to America. It is somehow bad or evil to focus on the fact that it is illegal to come to America without the proper permission to do so. So they are required to change the subject fast.

They would rather focus on the humaneness of welcoming and taking care of those who come without permission. But it is wrong to discuss any harm or problems that such people can cause.

They would rather focus on the wording on the Statue of Liberty: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” which were added to commemorate the death of the poet who wrote them rather than as a government policy. But it is wrong to focus on the immigration history of Ellis Island where people were once quarantined to be sure they were bringing in no communicable diseases and were allowed in only by presentation of specific papers and identification.

They would rather be the magnanimous generous compassionate people who take in everybody no questions asked. It is wrong to suggests that a few of those are likely terrorists with intent to commit mass mayhem and murder because most of such people are not terrorists.

The 'left think' is as predictable as rain for all who would dare deviate from the politically correct point of view.

They'll never admit it. They'll play semantic games and if that doesn't work they'll go with every tactic in their quiver to tell you how stupid and wrong you are. If that fails, well, you'll be called a racist.

Just waiting for y'all to show me where we on the Left (with the possible exception of a few extremists who are the Left's version of the right-wing white nationalists - meaning, NOT representative of the whole) have ever said that immigration is a constitutional right.

Can you find that as part of the left's political platform? Or are you, like the other guy, strawmanning as fast as you can?

The thread starts out with Sessions saying there is no Constitutional right to come to America.

Among a free agreements with that statement were the usual trollish accusations of strawman argument, et al, 'because nobody said there was a Constitutional right to come to America." Let's consider the statement at face value.

There is no Constitutional right to come to America. That is a factual statement. It is as factual as saying the price of oil today is $XXX per barrel or the temperature in Detroit is XX at this hour. You don't see them saying that stating the price of oil or the temperature in Detroit is a straw man. But that's the label they put on a statement about a Constitutional right re immigration.

The difference is, that some are so anxious for people not to realize that there is no Constitutional right to come to America, they immediately try to change the subject. It is somehow bad or evil to focus on a concept that there is no Constitutional right to come to America. It is somehow bad or evil to focus on the fact that it is illegal to come to America without the proper permission to do so. So they are required to change the subject fast.

They would rather focus on the humaneness of welcoming and taking care of those who come without permission. But it is wrong to discuss any harm or problems that such people can cause.

They would rather focus on the wording on the Statue of Liberty: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” which were added to commemorate the death of the poet who wrote them rather than as a government policy. But it is wrong to focus on the immigration history of Ellis Island where people were once quarantined to be sure they were bringing in no communicable diseases and were allowed in only by presentation of specific papers and identification.

They would rather be the magnanimous generous compassionate people who take in everybody no questions asked. It is wrong to suggests that a few of those are likely terrorists with intent to commit mass mayhem and murder because most of such people are not terrorists.

The 'left think' is as predictable as rain for all who would dare deviate from the politically correct point of view.

WE need to take down that graffiti off that statue.

There is a difference between a man's home and an entire country.

Real property only exists because a state says it does, otherwise your ability to own property extends only to what you can defend. If the state cannot protect it's own boundaries it wouldn't have to power to define yours

Okay. Good point. But I'm still waiting on you to show me where it's somehow a Democratic political position that immigration is a constitutional right. That was the claim you made, so back it up.

Easy, they get to import voters by the millions.

Thats is the mindset of the party leadership. They sum how believe in the Zeroth Amendment, Google it and read up.

Tell that to open borders/immigration factions.

Did anyone here read the post?

Notice how the leftists are playing dumb? ROTFLMAO. Its a wonder they are not all having a gyrating fit over your posting of a Breitbart article. lol

Anywho, yes people have no right to come here. As a matter of fact BO himself stopped refugee requests from Iraq in 2011 for a period of 6 months. A lot of your low information leftists don't know this.

Real property only exists because a state says it does, otherwise your ability to own property extends only to what you can defend. If the state cannot protect it's own boundaries it wouldn't have to power to define yours

You do realize that people can hire third parties to assist them in protecting their property, right? Nothing about having the government protect peoples claims to property changes anything about the subject.

Your post is both brilliant and sad at the same time. Brilliant on the face of it, sad in that you have to explain the obvious to some people.

Easy, they get to import voters by the millions.

Thats is the mindset of the party leadership. They sum how believe in the Zeroth Amendment, Google it and read up.

And you STILL haven't shown any such reference! C'mon, guy! You made the claim - so back it up!

Or admit that you can't...that your whole post is built around what you THINK you know, without any evidence or proof whatsoever to back it up.

And you STILL haven't shown any such reference! C'mon, guy! You made the claim - so back it up!

Or admit that you can't...that your whole post is built around what you THINK you know, without any evidence or proof whatsoever to back it up.

Keep playing dumb, its working.

Unbelievable how in today's computer age, with the web and all, the left still has problems looking up facts. LMAO

So you did not read the post.

Unbelievable how in today's computer age, with the web and all, the left still has problems looking up facts. LMAO

Its a shame in the age of the Internet some people chose to be dumb.

Its a shame in the age of the Internet some people chose to be dumb.

Yep. All that info at their finger tips. What a shame. I think a lot of it is they are frightened of learning something new or perhaps scared of learning their silly ideology has duped them into stupidity and robbed them of common sense.

Yep. All that info at their finger tips. What a shame. I think a lot of it is they are frightened of learning something new or perhaps scared of learning their silly ideology has duped them into stupidity and robbed them of common sense.

Why do you think leftist hate the internet now? So many lies exposed so fast.

You accusing us of trying to open up the borders to allow lots of illegals so they can vote is just as false as those on the Left who accuse the Right of being being racist as a whole.

A long time ago in the Navy, I was an investigator, then the chief investigator, then the shipboard equivalent of the chief of police, then the assistant legal officer. The reason why I - a steam plant engineer - did all that was because they found out that I'm not just good at investigating, but that I was completely fair - I didn't play favorites, and I didn't tolerate accusations that had no proof to back them up.

And what you're doing is just like the chiefs and officers I saw who wanted to get rid of this or that junior sailor because they Just Knew he was doing drugs, or he was queer, or some such other accusation. They had no proof - all they had was their own suspicions...and in their mind that's all that was needed. You're doing the same thing - in your mind, your suspicions are all that's needed in order for you to make the accusation.

That's why when I'm wrong, I've got no problem admitting it (as I did to you earlier about the deportations)...but I don't accuse without some kind of reliable proof...and I recommend that you learn the same lesson. It will help you as the years go by.

Why do you think leftist hate the internet now? So many lies exposed so fast.

I'm not sure they hate the internet. I think they are loathed to learn something new from it.

Notice how the leftists are playing dumb? ROTFLMAO. Its a wonder they are not all having a gyrating fit over your posting of a Breitbart article. lol

Anywho, yes people have no right to come here. As a matter of fact BO himself stopped refugee requests from Iraq in 2011 for a period of 6 months. A lot of your low information leftists don't know this.

And that wasn't racist, and that wasn't covered in the media either.

Yet, when anyone else wants to keep any sort of immigrants out of the country for any number of good reasons, that suddenly becomes racist, and 'not who we are', and any number of hypocritical BS spewed by Obama and his administration for the ObamaBots and HillaryCritters to mindlessly and unquestioning lap it up and incorporate into their parroted responses to real questions.

My question is why is it that the spineless GOP don't make Obama suspending Iraqi immigrants for 6 months a talking point of theirs as well?
Why not also mention the long history of immigrations that were halted by the executive orders of previous administrations?

These GOPers in Congress sure are useless.

You accusing us of trying to open up the borders to allow lots of illegals so they can vote is just as false as those on the Left who accuse the Right of being being racist as a whole.

A long time ago in the Navy, I was an investigator, then the chief investigator, then the shipboard equivalent of the chief of police, then the assistant legal officer. The reason why I - a steam plant engineer - did all that was because they found out that I'm not just good at investigating, but that I was completely fair - I didn't play favorites, and I didn't tolerate accusations that had no proof to back them up.

And what you're doing is just like the chiefs and officers I saw who wanted to get rid of this or that junior sailor because they Just Knew he was doing drugs, or he was queer, or some such other accusation. They had no proof - all they had was their own suspicions...and in their mind that's all that was needed. You're doing the same thing - in your mind, your suspicions are all that's needed in order for you to make the accusation.

That's why when I'm wrong, I've got no problem admitting it (as I did to you earlier about the deportations)...but I don't accuse without some kind of reliable proof...and I recommend that you learn the same lesson. It will help you as the years go by.

Are unauthorized immigrants overwhelmingly Democrats? | Pew Research Center

Why Hispanics are Natural Democrats and what the GOP can do about it - Tino Sanandaji

Take leftist from their home nations, offer them "free stuff" and you will mint millions of new voters.

Yet, when anyone else wants to keep any sort of immigrants out of the country for any number of good reasons, that suddenly becomes racist, and 'not who we are', and any number of hypocritical BS spewed by Obama and his administration for the ObamaBots and HillaryCritters to mindlessly and unquestioning lap it up and incorporate into their parroted responses to real questions.

My question is why is it that the spineless GOP don't make Obama suspending Iraqi immigrants for 6 months a talking point of theirs as well?
Why not also mention the long history of immigrations that were halted by the executive orders of previous administrations?

Hey, I agree 100%! That's why I've taken a position of American politics are a friggin joke. So I'm going to sit back and laugh my a$$ off at it all and poke a little fun at the kook left in the process. Perhaps in the future sometime we will finally get someone in their that is principled, not corrupt, and has the best intentions for our country in general. Until then, screw'em all let the party begin. LOL

The cucks on right are going faster and faster, soon Paul Ryan is going be Cantored.

The cucks on right are going faster and faster, soon Paul Ryan is going be Cantored.

'cucks' ? (Did you mean 'kooks' ?)

'Ryan is going be Cantored' could be. Not guaranteed though.

Back
Top Bottom