• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Senior Year

I am almost done with my senior year. My last day of class is June 13th. I have found my senior year to be not so hard academically, but you will learn more life lessons. Like how to go through an interview, picking a college, and just maturing in general.

My plans next year are to major in Political Science at Syracuse University.

Paul said:
I am almost done with my senior year. My last day of class is June 13th. I have found my senior year to be not so hard academically, but you will learn more life lessons. Like how to go through an interview, picking a college, and just maturing in general.

My plans next year are to major in Political Science at Syracuse University.

Hey, congrats on going to Syracuse, it's a very nice school. You'll definitely have fun up there. It's good to see another upstater be so interested in politics (I grew up near utica):2wave:

RightatNYU said:
Hey, congrats on going to Syracuse, it's a very nice school. You'll definitely have fun up there. It's good to see another upstater be so interested in politics (I grew up near utica):2wave:

Thanks RightatNYU, I am excited. Yeah, us upstaters have to stick together, there are not that many of us.:cool:

vergiss said:
So, I'm wondering, all who have gone before me: what was your Year 12 like? How'd you do, do you have any secrets to success, what flaws in the system bothered you? Bad teachers? Impossible exams? etc.

I entered what should have been my 12th grade year with 2 full semesters worth of community college credits, a part-time job, two life partners and two little ones in tow.........not sure what got me in such a rush towards adulthood, but I was on a roll lol

One of my life partners graduated at the end of his junior year and began at a four year college in the fall of his "senior year" and the other had never been in school until what should have been his year 11, so his year 12 wasn't really quite the same as someone who's done all those years in school.......he was actually labeled homebound and tutored through both those years, then went on to a four year college the following fall.

Both my adult sons (now 20 and 21) graduated at the end of their junior years. My oldest daughter, who should be technically a senior next year, is homeschooled and already has a full year of community college, plus a bit under her belt. I guess we aren't much into year 12 over here since none of us have really done it "right" lol

What I remember most from my senior year was getting stoned at lunc time at the creek that ran close to the school. My afternoon classes were Psychology, Physics and Calculus, and the first was fun because I'd get into these longwinded ramblings according to my latest imagined psychological epiphany only to lose track of what I was saying, much to the amusement of fellow students with the same tendencies. In Physics, I spent the better part of my time perfecting a technique whereby I rolled a steel ballbearing from one end of the long, granite-top table to the other end where there was one of the little holes designated for a ringstand and by the end of the term I was pretty good at getting the ballbearing in the hole. I don't recall ever learning much calculus, but I was able to devise my own ways to come up with enough correct answers to satisfy the dictates of the class. Improvisation, you know.

I don't really know whether I would advocate anybody follow a similar path as mine, but my senior year was pretty much about drugs, doing my own thing and counting down the days to getting out of the little podunk town in which I lived.

Back
Top Bottom