• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudis threaten to sell $750 billion US assets if Congress passes bill that would let

Re: Saudis threaten to sell $750 billion US assets if Congress passes bill that would

iraq was due to a never-ending occupation. The actual invasion was over before anyone noticed and hussein captured. That's all i'm advocating, deposing the saudi royals, taking their oil, and ending the deal with the devil

War. Always war. No one ever suggests negotiating, but war. And you wonder why the nation is so despised.

What are you going to do, invade every country that disagrees with you?

Haven't you had enough?

The suggestion of going to war with Saudi Arabia is absurd in the extreme and shows an incredible lack of maturity on international affairs. Even more so since you haven't won any since WWII

Re: Saudis threaten to sell $750 billion US assets if Congress passes bill that would

War. Always war. No one ever suggests negotiating, but war. And you wonder why the nation is so despised.

What are you going to do, invade every country that disagrees with you?

Haven't you had enough?

The suggestion of going to war with Saudi Arabia is absurd in the extreme and shows an incredible lack of maturity on international affairs. Even more so since you haven't won any since WWII

Seems a little strong...

They can't... but it's the principle of a U.S. court maybe ruling that SA is at fault that looks damning... because then there's precedent for any number of people to cite the court case as proof that SA harbors terrorists -- which we all know it does, but there would be proof at a civilian level.

3/4 of a trillion dollars is a lot though and no force in the world will make the U.S. turn their back on that. Dumping those assets would crash the USD overnight.

That is the plan. Destroy USD. Teamobama wants it not to be leading currency in the world. Anything obama does it kicks us in the gut each time. We will be lucky to look like Venezuela by the time he leaves office.

Seems a little strong...

Well, let's look at it. Vietnam? Nope.

Afghanistan? Nope, the Talliban now have more territory than they did when Bush invaded.

Iraq one. maybe

Iraq two? :lamo:lamo:lamo

Regime change in Liyba? Oh yeah, that worked, ISIS is now in charge

That is the plan. Destroy USD. Teamobama wants it not to be leading currency in the world. Anything obama does it kicks us in the gut each time. We will be lucky to look like Venezuela by the time he leaves office.

That has got to be the most ludicrously insane conspiracy theory I've heard.

That has got to be the most ludicrously insane conspiracy theory I've heard.

Time will tell.

Does this mean the people of Iraq can sue the United States?

The pertinent point is US unwavering support for a dictatorship monarchy with the worst human rights record. Double standards Uncle Sam!

The pertinent point is US unwavering support for a dictatorship monarchy with the worst human rights record. Double standards Uncle Sam!

Oh, there's more than a double standard. America's stand on human rights is, at best, a policy of convenience. Saudi Arabia has oil, Cuba has nothing the US wants....so let's punish Cuba for being "bloodthirsty"

And then there's China, where being a woman is being a second class citizen.

Although I'm well aware of the fact that Saudi citizens took part in 9/11, what cause is there to sue Saudi Arabia itself? Genuinely curious.

You barked at the wrong tree. Afghanistan instead of Saudi.

You barked at the wrong tree. Afghanistan instead of Saudi.

Er...what? Doesn't the article (and your post) concern Saudi Arabia?

Er...what? Doesn't the article (and your post) concern Saudi Arabia?

I mean the wars.

I mean the wars.

Right. But seeing as this thread is about suing Saudi Arabia, I'm curious what cause the plaintiffs might have for suing Saudi Arabia.

Right. But seeing as this thread is about suing Saudi Arabia, I'm curious what cause the plaintiffs might have for suing Saudi Arabia.

I guess there is no closure yet for most of them.

I guess there is no closure yet for most of them.

[Long, overly-patient, sighing noise.]

Okay. You apparently don't understand why you're in this thread.

I can understand your baiting. I am quite used to it here.

If I were to guess...And it's just a guess, I'd suspect that people believe that the Royal Family was involved in the plot, directly or indirectly in the events of Sept 11?

---Umm, excellent comments, and I respect what you have to say very much.
I'm just taking issue with the suck to reality ratio and I daresay the suckage is now approaching a tipping point.
Some reasonable people (and I do like to think I am one) would even say we past that tipping point on 9/11/2001.
Sinking a submarine is one thing, sinking a building with three thousand people in it on our own shores is another.
Realpolitik or no, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia committed an act of war on America, and a sitting president had his intel apparatus mount a gigantic psyop to convince Americans that it was someone else.

How much sucking are we to continue doing? High oil prices? World petroleum tensions? Pissed off Muslims who can't make Hajj?
I'm trying my best to balance that against what our own leadership has done to us AND what SA has done to us and I wonder if the scale is being tampered with.

Should we sacrifice a few thousand more innocent people? Let them blow up some more buildings? Jack up the price of gas another dollar?
Where DO we ACTUALLY draw the line? When DO we ACTUALLY say that the line was crossed and hold the fat, pink assed King accountable?
Pragmatism implies that we gain something.
What have we gained? Peace in the Middle East? Cheap gasoline? Don't forget, the REAL price of gasoline should include all the war costs and all the terrorism costs, so we're already paying eleven bucks a gallon.

What have we gained?

How about this: being able to continue the most peaceful time in all recorded human history, relative to population?

Look back through all recorded human history. Since the end of the Rwandan genocide - and including our stupid wars in the Middle East - can you find any comparable length of time when humankind as a whole - and relative to population - was as peaceful as it is now? I can't. At no time in recorded human history can I find any period of time when we had so few wars (major and minor) and rebellions, and so few famines or pandemics.

Peace and prosperity may not satisfy the human desire for justice and vengeance, but for the thousands who died, how many millions are living a life their ancestors only dreamed of?

The old "hostage threat". I say let'em do what they want. The truth is far more valuable than they are. Of course, as you say, then there's oil...

This is why I say "pull the scab off quickly".
Once that's done, yes there WILL be pain and suffering but it will be worth it, because we will be free of the hypocrisy, and the Saudis will have to reckon with their own misguided policies minus our protection.
Sorry but fealty to the fat, pink bottomed King isn't worth it.

This is why I say "pull the scab off quickly".
Once that's done, yes there WILL be pain and suffering but it will be worth it, because we will be free of the hypocrisy, and the Saudis will have to reckon with their own misguided policies minus our protection.
Sorry but fealty to the fat, pink bottomed King isn't worth it.

Right, and I was watching Obama on Charlie Rose last night, and el jefe's waffling... He's not going after releasing those 28 pages unedited. I'm afraid h'e going let this Saudi family plane fly right out of the country as well.

And that's why this crap is never going to go away.

Saudi Arabia is one of the worst countries in the world and America should do NOTHING WHATSOEVER to support it.

It's not like America needs it's oil anymore - she gets almost 3 times more oil from Canada alone then the entire Persisn Gulf.

Tell the Saudi Royal Family to shove it.

Absolutely!

yeah, i agree. it's probably not going to happen under the current international court system. that system is pretty much only effective in prosecuting third world despots who commit war crimes.

Yeah I just don't see it. Especially in reverse.

Back
Top Bottom