• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Saudi crown prince bragged that Jared Kushner gave him CIA intelligence about other Saudis saying 'here are your enemies' days before 'corruption crac

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
It's possible, who knows for sure though.

Published: 09:23 EDT, 5 April 2018 | Updated: 10:58 EDT, 5 April 2018

I wonder if this is true? If it is then it beats hunters laptop.

If nothing has happened in the 4+ years after the story broke either nothing is going to happen or the story is not what it was made out to be possibly a little from column A and a little from column B

This prick needs to head to prison now.

Nobody really believed they did it out of the goodness of their heart did they?

"Back in April, The New York Times reported that Jared Kushner’s four years of Saudi ass-kissing and murder-excusing had paid off in the form of a $2 billion investment from the kingdom‘s sovereign wealth fund to his newly formed private equity firm."
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/05/jared-kushner-affinity-partners-saudi-arabia

If nothing has happened in the 4+ years after the story broke either nothing is going to happen or the story is not what it was made out to be possibly a little from column A and a little from column B
Come on, that's just ridiculous. First, how do you know nothing has happened? Second, intelligence is more often than not, a long game.

Published: 09:23 EDT, 5 April 2018 | Updated: 10:58 EDT, 5 April 2018
Yeah, this is old news. It's funny that I have no remembrance of it though. This is interesting and worth discussing, but it's not breaking news.

Come on, that's just ridiculous. First, how do you know nothing has happened? Second, intelligence is more often than not, a long game.
Keep hope alive if you want, there are still folks thinking Hillary will be arrested any day now they just need a little more time to build the case,

If something comes of this I will admit my error, however at this time I see no reason to think anything is going to come of this. If a phone call got Democrats worked up to impeachment this nugget would’ve been used for a third try if it had some validity.

IIRC, Kushner was not able to get a security clearance through normal channels to work in the WH. His father-in-law had to intervene and waive the normal requirements.

Keep hope alive if you want, there are still folks thinking Hillary will be arrested any day now they just need a little more time to build the case,

If something comes of this I will admit my error, however at this time I see no reason to think anything is going to come of this. If a phone call got Democrats worked up to impeachment this nugget would’ve been used for a third try if it had some validity.
Comes of this? That train has left the station. I could give a shite about Kushner, I'm concerned about what the Saudi's got from him and how they are going to use it.

Well, the article points out the allegations can't be proven, but we do know Jared did something valuable for MBS in return for getting $2 billion from the Saudis for his new start up investment business, soon after leaving the WH. Quid pro Quo, anyone?

Comes of this? That train has left the station. I could give a shite about Kushner, I'm concerned about what the Saudi's got from him and how they are going to use it.
Sounds like you have a theory you can construct a conspiracy for.

Sounds like you have a theory you can construct a conspiracy for.
Why would you say that?
"Six months after leaving the White House, Jared Kushner secured a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince, a close ally during the Trump administration, despite objections from the fund’s advisers about the merits of the deal. A panel that screens investments for the main Saudi sovereign wealth fund cited concerns about the proposed deal with Mr. Kushner’s newly formed private equity firm, Affinity Partners, previously undisclosed documents show. Those objections included: “the inexperience of the Affinity Fund management”; the possibility that the kingdom would be responsible for “the bulk of the investment and risk”; due diligence on the fledgling firm’s operations that found them “unsatisfactory in all aspects”; a proposed asset management fee that “seems excessive”; and “public relations risks” from Mr. Kushner’s prior role as a senior adviser to his father-in-law, former President Donald J. Trump, according to minutes of the panel’s meeting last June 30."

Why would you say that?
"Six months after leaving the White House, Jared Kushner secured a $2 billion investment from a fund led by the Saudi crown prince, a close ally during the Trump administration, despite objections from the fund’s advisers about the merits of the deal. A panel that screens investments for the main Saudi sovereign wealth fund cited concerns about the proposed deal with Mr. Kushner’s newly formed private equity firm, Affinity Partners, previously undisclosed documents show. Those objections included: “the inexperience of the Affinity Fund management”; the possibility that the kingdom would be responsible for “the bulk of the investment and risk”; due diligence on the fledgling firm’s operations that found them “unsatisfactory in all aspects”; a proposed asset management fee that “seems excessive”; and “public relations risks” from Mr. Kushner’s prior role as a senior adviser to his father-in-law, former President Donald J. Trump, according to minutes of the panel’s meeting last June 30."

You kind of proved my point, keep constructing those theories. If they ever turn out to be true I will admit my error.. until then your posts need a murder board to be more effective.

I live in Saudi

Riyadh does not need American intelligence, there are no laws to stop them.
Over here always assume Saudi intelligence is listening in.....

This is first hand 😉

Not withstanding the four year age of this article, the Daily Mail quoting undefined anonymous sources isn't a strong basis for anything, regardless of whether it suits your political preference.

You kind of proved my point, keep constructing those theories. If they ever turn out to be true I will admit my error.. until then your posts need a murder board to be more effective.
Not much on the value of secrets passed between governments are you?

I've always thought Trump didn't take all those classified documents when he left the WH. He could have been hoarding them since the beginning. Copying and sneaking them out of the WH slowly but surely.

Who wants to bet Trump knew of the Ukraine invasion 2 years before it happened. There are so many possibilities.

I've always thought Trump didn't take all those classified documents when he left the WH. He could have been hoarding them since the beginning. Copying and sneaking them out of the WH slowly but surely.

Who wants to bet Trump knew of the Ukraine invasion 2 years before it happened. There are so many possibilities.
Yes, Trump has been playing 4 d chess... You MAGA people have been arguing that for years.

But really, Trump reversed Obama era policies and begin giving lethal aid to Ukraine the first year of his presidency. Seems weird that he would have known of the invasion and actively supported Ukraine in its defense...

He could have just shoved them down his pants. It was what the cool kids were doing

I wonder if this is true? If it is then it beats hunters laptop.
Why in the world would he lie about it, when they are close friends and allies who he just overrode his advisors to give billions to? Rather, it just shows remarkable irresponsibility that he's talking about it. He would gain so little from lying about it compared to the cost it should be seen as very, very likely true.

Back
Top Bottom