• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Saudi Arabia recalls Danish ambassador

ShamMol said:
What about those who did not choose to immigrate and were born Muslim there. Do you expect them to just leave their home country and go to a place where they have never been before in the Middle East?

And on that note, is it wrong for a state in Middle East to practice religious intolerance and would you accept it if you lived there (or born a citizen there)?

First, if they are born in a country whose religous (in)tolerance offends them deeply, they have three choices: one, immigrate, like millions have done before them; two, work - peacefully - to change the laws and public conciousness concerning their religous sensibilities in the country in which they live, whether they were born there or not; or three, resort to violence to get their way. The radical Islamists have clearly chosen door number three.

Second, religous leaders (imams, in this case) have a role to play here, do they not? What should an imam in a secular state do, counsel acceptance of the laws of the states of which they are citizens even if they are frowned upon in Islam, or counsel rebellion and violence? Clearly, the ME madrassahs have chosen rebellion and violence, but does that extend to the religous schools in secular states? Sounds very much like it has.

Doesn't this question get right to the nut-cutting of radical Islamists teachings...anyone that is not Muslim is an Infidel and is to be killed?

Well I saw the cartoons and really dont see what the big fuss is about.:confused:

Hmm, Its a sin to show the cartoons but its ok to cut off a head for
aljazeera TV.:roll:

Cherokee said:
Hmm, Its a sin to show the cartoons but its ok to cut off a head for
aljazeera TV.

Apparently. And thats heads, plural. And don't forget mutilating and burning bodies and hanging them from a bridge. Thats ok, too, as long as they're infidels.

ShamMol said:
Which was shirk. That is literally the most offensive thing you can do in Islam. If I shat all over a bible and published the photos, there would be bomb threats to me, I would like to presume.
But would it be acceptable for people of your nationality to be threatened with murder/execution for a cartoon you wrote?

Originally Posted by ShamMol
Which was shirk. That is literally the most offensive thing you can do in Islam. If I shat all over a bible and published the photos, there would be bomb threats to me, I would like to presume.

When I believed in God and I know in Islam I'm the worst because I’m a non believer but when I did believe God was inside my heart and in my head not sheets of paper bound into a book ..
So no defacing a bible would have done nothing to me.

oldreliable67 said:
Apparently. And thats heads, plural. And don't forget mutilating and burning bodies and hanging them from a bridge. Thats ok, too, as long as they're infidels.

Good point...glad you caught that...

You mofo's don't know anything about islam if you did you would understand something like this. You think that mohamed (peace be upon him) supported the terrorism well that's wrong he actually forbidden it. the quran (the muslims book) states that such things like this are forbidden. It's not our fault some people are on the wrong side of there brains, it's not an excuse for danish newspapers to draw terrible pictures of the prophet like i said they don't know him nor do they know anything about him so if they are upset from muslim's they should draw cartoons of muslims not there prophet. And i am happy to say that some of the danish companies have suffered losses which they think will take 10 years to recover also the danish government went on aljazeera tv and they have apologised for the cartoons! SO HAHA TO ALL YOU ANTI-MUSLIMS

lrb said:
You mofo's don't know anything about islam

As your post confirms, I know all that I need to know.

One German paper said this:

"We would take their protests more seriously if they weren't so hypocritical. The Imams were completely quiet when Al Jazeera depicted Jews as cannibals eating their own children last year."

ZZZZING! Go Germany.

aquapub said:
One German paper said this:

"We would take their protests more seriously if they weren't so hypocritical. The Imams were completely quiet when Al Jazeera depicted Jews as cannibals eating their own children last year."

ZZZZING! Go Germany.

100% on the money!!!

Freedom of speech that's what they called it funny huh?
1. so it's alright to swear and insult someone in the streets who didn't look good huh? and then say it's freedom of speech.
2. It's alright to go around shouting racist comments just because your prejudice huh? and then say freedom of speech
3. it's alright to insult disabled people because there's something wrong with them huh? and then say it's freedom of speech

Your not the culprits who have suffered from devastating cartoons which insult you and your religion.

Overhere people in britain get put in jail for saying something againest jews. it's alright to respect there religion but it's not ok to respect muslim's religion huh?

What would you feel if something similar to this happened to you?
What would you feel like if something unacceptable happened to you plus on top of that people hated you for protecting your religion?

You expect us muslims to be insulted, humilated and hated plus you don't want us to fight back, protest and boycott.

lrb said:
Freedom of speech that's what they called it funny huh?
1. so it's alright to swear and insult someone in the streets who didn't look good huh? and then say it's freedom of speech.
2. It's alright to go around shouting racist comments just because your prejudice huh? and then say freedom of speech
3. it's alright to insult disabled people because there's something wrong with them huh? and then say it's freedom of speech

Your not the culprits who have suffered from devastating cartoons which insult you and your religion.

Overhere people in britain get put in jail for saying something againest jews. it's alright to respect there religion but it's not ok to respect muslim's religion huh?

What would you feel if something similar to this happened to you?
What would you feel like if something unacceptable happened to you plus on top of that people hated you for protecting your religion?

You expect us muslims to be insulted, humilated and hated plus you don't want us to fight back, protest and boycott.

I think that aquapub's post shows how the West thinks. It is backlash that has been building up since 911. The more the Imams are silent on Muslim terrorists and the more they condemn the West, Westerners are going to feel that the Imams and their followers back the terrorists. If you don't see this aspect then there is no hope of solving the problem. In this particular case the onus is on the Imams to prove that they do not hate non-believers and wish reconciliation. At this point in time it appears that they do not.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:

None of these cartoons insult another religion. there cartoons that insult people but not a religion there has been a very large numbers of cartoon that insult us muslims as people, we have never reacted to them but when something such as religion is insulted we cannot take it we as arabs and muslims have never offended another religion. Nor should another religion offend us or insult us

Inuyasha said:
I think that aquapub's post shows how the West thinks. It is backlash that has been building up since 911. The more the Imams are silent on Muslim terrorists and the more they condemn the West, Westerners are going to feel that the Imams and their followers back the terrorists. If you don't see this aspect then there is no hope of solving the problem. In this particular case the onus is on the Imams to prove that they do not hate non-believers and wish reconciliation. At this point in time it appears that they do not.

That is not right, I listen to these speech's and all of the imams say that this is a major sin in islam we are forbidden to kill innocent people we are forbidden to kill old people, women and children both the prophet muhammed(Peace be upon him) and the quran forbid it. We do not support these people we are againest them we don't want any of this to happen like i said it's not all muslim's fault that a few of them are on the wrong side of there brains

lrb said:

Yes, yes, yes I get it the world hates Muslims. Whatever...:roll: . I have heard it all before.
How would I feel? Well it might offend me and you have the right for a peaceful protest or even a botcott, I might feel and do the same...

BUT I wouldn’t go calling for the deaths of the writers. I may not have anything nice to say about them but a cartoon is not worth taking a life over! But maybe you believe it is…

I and loads of imams and the majority of muslims are againest all muslims who think violence is the answer, i was angry when i heard at the beginning that people where giving out death threats because this is a sin it's againest islam we are forbidden to use violence only when we get attacked by violence. My point is that some people don't want us to boycott and protest there peaceful aren't they so whats wrong here?

lrb said:
I and loads of imams and the majority of muslims are againest all muslims who think violence is the answer, i was angry when i heard at the beginning that people where giving out death threats because this is a sin it's againest islam we are forbidden to use violence only when we get attacked by violence. My point is that some people don't want us to boycott and protest there peaceful aren't they so whats wrong here?

and yet what are you and these loads of Imams doing to help us end this terrorism?
where are they on the international News Channels and papers denouncing this violence?
where is the support for ending terrorism?
where is the backlash against the fanatics that high jacked the religion?
where? where? where?

DeeJayH said:
and yet what are you and these loads of Imams doing to help us end this terrorism?
where are they on the international News Channels and papers denouncing this violence?
where is the support for ending terrorism?
where is the backlash against the fanatics that high jacked the religion?
where? where? where?

Every friday i go to a mosque all the imams there are fighting terrorism
Arabic t.v. channels they bring big imams and they talk againest terrorism
it's not mine or all the imams fault that your news spreads out what it wants
it's not our fault aljazeera don't say that we are againest terrorism we do and try are best to prevent terrorism happenning we long for peace between all the nations and again for the third time IT'S NOT OUR FAULT SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT THINKING THE PROPER WAY!!!

Last edited:
lrb said:
it's not our fault aljazeera don't say that we are againest terrorism we do and try are best to prevent terrorism happenning we long for peace between all the nations and again for the third time IT'S NOT OUR FAULT SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT THINKING THR PROPER WAY!!!

while i can see that Al-Jazeera showing Al-Tapes and beheadings would get more airtime, i find it suspicious that i have heard but a handful of High ranking Muslims calling out against it. could it be it happens all day long, sure, but i tend to doubt it
I also tried to word things very carefully so as make the point that the terrorist are but a handful out of the many muslims.
however, the aid from the muslim community does not seem to be as large
seems more like, while they do not approve, they dont really care, cause after all, they are killing the infidels

oh when here in britain catholics and christains bombed each others churches that wasn't terrorism huh? In america there is drug crime, gang crime etc. i could go for ever thats terrorism. we and the imams do our best what has britain done to fight terrorism what has denmark done? spain? italy? germany? switzerland? china? japan? holland? greece?
most of the above countries didn't do anything.
there was bombings in saudi-arabia there government did there best to catch the terrorists.

lrb said:
it's not our fault aljazeera don't say that we are againest terrorism we do and try are best to prevent terrorism happenning we long for peace between all the nations and again for the third time IT'S NOT OUR FAULT SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT THINKING THE PROPER WAY!!!

I am sorry but the entire Western world does not see it this way. Only the Imams in Spain are issuing fatwas and publicly condemning the actions of Al-Qaeda and the other terrorists. The newspapers must print it if it is done publicly as both "El Mundo" and "El Pais" have done in Spain. The silence to the general public in the US, Germany and France etc,,is deafening. Why do you suppose this backlash has occurred? The ill feeling was not there before the year 2000 and Europe and the US had as many Muslim immigrants as they do now.

How do explain the fact that in Palestine, for example, when something like 911 or 311 happens the people are in the streets dancing, singing and shooting off guns like it was a national holiday yet when these cartoons are printed in Denmark the attitude is that the world hates the Muslims and we get the`poor me" syndrome all over the place.

You must stand up and be counted as against violence or you will be accused of supporting it. That is human nature. It has gotten to the point that even specific acts will have to be accounted for, like the murder of the Dutch film maker. The West's impression of Islamic justice is that the common man can take the law in his own hands and mete out justice has he sees fit without caring about what the consequences of his acts might bring.

Do you think that i would be within my rights to propose that in Morocco, for example, Christian law must be implanted and takes precedence over the national laws for Christians. Don't you see that all of these over the top ideas and requests are going to make the general populace unhappy in non-Muslim countries.

When you have Imams like the one in Great Britain saying the laws are decadent and he urges his followers to turn England into a Muslim nation or sow death and destruction all over the place are not going to be taken seriously by both the people and the authorities. If he can get up and speak in that manner in a public forum so can those who have an opposite view and we haven't heard much from them. Just saying it you mosques is not going to convince non-Muslims of you sincerity and at this point that is what must be done.

Inuyasha said:
I am sorry but the entire Western world does not see it this way. Only the Imams in Spain are issuing fatwas and publicly condemning the actions of Al-Qaeda and the other terrorists. The newspapers must print it if it is done publicly as both "El Mundo" and "El Pais" have done in Spain. The silence to the general public in the US, Germany and France etc,,is deafening. Why do you suppose this backlash has occurred? The ill feeling was not there before the year 2000 and Europe and the US had as many Muslim immigrants as they do now.

How do explain the fact that in Palestine, for example, when something like 911 or 311 happens the people are in the streets dancing, singing and shooting off guns like it was a national holiday yet when these cartoons are printed in Denmark the attitude is that the world hates the Muslims and we get the`poor me" syndrome all over the place.

You must stand up and be counted as against violence or you will be accused of supporting it. That is human nature. It has gotten to the point that even specific acts will have to be accounted for, like the murder of the Dutch film maker. The West's impression of Islamic justice is that the common man can take the law in his own hands and mete out justice has he sees fit without caring about what the consequences of his acts might bring.

Do you think that i would be within my rights to propose that in Morocco, for example, Christian law must be implanted and takes precedence over the national laws for Christians. Don't you see that all of these over the top ideas and requests are going to make the general populace unhappy in non-Muslim countries.

When you have Imams like the one in Great Britain saying the laws are decadent and he urges his followers to turn England into a Muslim nation or sow death and destruction all over the place are not going to be taken seriously by both the people and the authorities. If he can get up and speak in that manner in a public forum so can those who have an opposite view and we haven't heard much from them. Just saying it you mosques is not going to convince non-Muslims of you sincerity and at this point that is what must be done.

Well said Inuyasha.

lrb said:
None of these cartoons insult another religion. there cartoons that insult people but not a religion there has been a very large numbers of cartoon that insult us muslims as people, we have never reacted to them but when something such as religion is insulted we cannot take it we as arabs and muslims have never offended another religion. Nor should another religion offend us or insult us

Excuse me? They don't insult another religion? Don't you consider Judaism a religion?

I understand what you are trying to say inuyasha. Sometimes in britain while i am walking around in town usually there are imams and muslims trying to talk non-muslims about islam and how we forbid terrorism. But then someone comes up starts pushing them, throwing away there leaflets and swearing at them. I am not editor of a news paper and i don't know any. Recently we have sent a lot of emails and hand written letters to aljazeera to persuade them to show the people of the world we are agianest terrorism they didn't reply back. I hope that all fo you understand this that i am againest terrorism so are many of other muslims and imams. I have also given a lecture in newcastle universaty (north east in britain) me and other muslims explainedto them how we are againest terrorism and how the prophet (Peace be upon him) and the quran forbid it. So i just wish that you understand that prophet and the quran forbid it and not all muslims are terrorists. there is also one point we are not trying to force our religion in the western countries we are just asking them to respect us and our religion

Back
Top Bottom