• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sat March 23 - Scheduled Maintenance

Received this message when I logged out this AM....

"Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again."

If it continues (hopefully not), might need to clear your cache.

Yeah, I have that same problem. I cleared cookies and history yesterday but the problem persists. Schweddy posted sugggestions in comment 48 and I'll need to give those a try today. I just lived with the problem yesterday and sort of wondered if it would be gone today but it's still the same.

I get that same security error and my screen stays the same when I click "log out", appearing like I'm logged in. But when I close the window, and later come back in, I'm not actually logged in anymore. So yesterday, I just carried on like that.

Yeah, I have that same problem. I cleared cookies and history yesterday but the problem persists. Schweddy posted sugggestions in comment 48 and I'll need to give those a try today. I just lived with the problem yesterday and sort of wondered if it would be gone today but it's still the same.

I get that same security error and my screen stays the same when I click "log out", appearing like I'm logged in. But when I close the window, and later come back in, I'm not actually logged in anymore. So yesterday, I just carried on like that.
Mine did the first time I logged out yesterday, but not since then. Perhaps it's tied to the browser you're using ?!!??

Mine did the first time I logged out yesterday, but not since then. Perhaps it's tied to the browser you're using ?!!??
It is. In short, we significantly increased the cache on the site. To do this, we basically told browsers it was located in a different place and under a different name.

Older browsers will continue to look for the old name and try to use both the old and the new.

Newer browsers will simply move on.

If clearing cache doesn't work, it should clear up within a few days when the old cache expires for you.

I use Microsoft Edge. That's standard on my Surface and I really like the Surface keyboard so I'm on about my fourth Surface by now (obviously, a creature of habit, lol).

Anyway, I just looked at the clear history/cookies I used yesterday, in my settings, and that option clears all cached images and files - so it should have done the trick but it didn't. So, I'm just dealing with the error message, closing the window, going back in and then when I go into any thread and click on any comment, the log in option is available at the top of my screen. It's awkward but I'm getting used to it.

I just looked at comment 48 but that's for Google Chrome and I'd prefer to just keep using Edge rather than completely regroup.

Sometimes these kinds of situations resolve themselves when my computer does one of its overnight updates. So, that might happen too.

It is. In short, we significantly increased the cache on the site. To do this, we basically told browsers it was located in a different place and under a different name.

Older browsers will continue to look for the old name and try to use both the old and the new.

If clearing cache doesn't work, it should clear up within a few days when the old cache expires for you.
We overlapped. Thanks for the additional info. I'll just live with the issue for now and see if it does clear up. I can also keep clearing history in my Edge settings menu, every day or so, and see if that eventually works.

I use the Brave browser and I have since it came out. Never any problems before with DP.

I clear the history and cache manually every time I close the browser down.

I'll give it some time and see if things improve.

We overlapped. Thanks for the additional info. I'll just live with the issue for now and see if it does clear up. I can also keep clearing history in my Edge settings menu, every day or so, and see if that eventually works.

Happens to me too. The warning and It shows that I'm still logged in after I've logged out and doesn't clear unless I refresh the page.

I use Microsoft Edge. That's standard on my Surface and I really like the Surface keyboard so I'm on about my fourth Surface by now (obviously, a creature of habit, lol).

Anyway, I just looked at the clear history/cookies I used yesterday, in my settings, and that option clears all cached images and files - so it should have done the trick but it didn't. So, I'm just dealing with the error message, closing the window, going back in and then when I go into any thread and click on any comment, the log in option is available at the top of my screen. It's awkward but I'm getting used to it.

I just looked at comment 48 but that's for Google Chrome and I'd prefer to just keep using Edge rather than completely regroup.

Sometimes these kinds of situations resolve themselves when my computer does one of its overnight updates. So, that might happen too.
Ooh! Found an Edge user! Those are like finding $2 bill in your change.
😜

I use the Brave browser and I have since it came out. Never any problems before with DP.

I clear the history and cache manually every time I close the browser down.

I'll give it some time and see if things improve.
Hmm. I'm using Brave on Windows and other than an initial instance of that error message, refreshing the page with F5 or closing the tab and reopening it, cleared it up for me.
Hope it does for you.

I couldn't log out as it kept going to the warning and it wouldn't let me refresh the page it kept going to the warning. It did eventually log me out but it was a little frustrating.

Also when I I was logged out I went to look at my post in this thread and it didn't show that I had posted. That has happened to me twice on two separate occasions.

Also when I I was logged out I went to look at my post in this thread and it didn't show that I had posted. That has happened to me twice on two separate occasions.
That's due to the new cache setup. Those who are guests are seeing a 15 minute old snapshot. This helps reduce the load on the server.

As for the warning, this should clear in a day or so. If you stay logged in though, you won't have any problems.

I just got a security error that would not allow me to log in until I cleared my cache.

Back
Top Bottom