• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Sanders Caught Lying To Chris Wallace on Fox

Right. The gov't doesn't even know how many undocumenteds there are and people are adamant that a census not to be taken.

yup ... Can't ask if you're a citizen.

It just occurred to me that Sarah Sanders was supposed to be leaving the White House at the end of 2018, right? What happened?

Trump already has too many people in "acting" roles, he probably begged Sarah to stay because he's having so much trouble finding anyone who wants to work for him.

This is a dumb and disingenuous thread.

How do you know "Trump and his administration don’t actually know what they need the Wall to do and what they want specially and what they need or want is appropriate.

1. Because Trump rarely says the same thing about his proposed Wall. First it is a big beautiful concrete wall across the southern border. Then it was a fence. Then it was not all across the border. Then it was a transparent wall. Then it was a thermal paneled wall. Then it was "never really meant to be a wall" as such, wall was a euphemism for other things not clearly defined. Then it was a wall only in places that required a wall. Then it was a steel wall. The it was a concrete wall and as of this morning so far it is a 30 foot steel wall. Oddly enough, though the administration clearly doesn't know what it wants or needs the required funding has always been $5+ billion.

2. Trump and his fans cannot show us or tell us what the Wall or whatever it is going to be is actually going to do other than keep terrorists, rapists, murderers and criminals out of the US. They can't even quantify that. Trump to this day has not clearly defined the problem. His justifications, such as they are, have been largely anecdotal. Trump and Sanders cannot or will not answer direct questions concerning specifics.

Trump, Pence, Rep. Steve Scalise, Rep. Roger Marshall, Sarah Sanders and others said that there were 10 terrorists a day coming over the southern border. Where? They won't say. Who were/are they? Trump won't say other than "they are very serious people." Where were/are they from? Trump and crew won't say.

After the lie was repeated for several days by Trump, Pence, Sanders and GOP members of Congress the State Department, Homeland Security, the Border Patrol when questioned by the press stated that there were no 10 terrorists a day caught coming over the border. There is no record of any known terrorist being apprehended coming over the southern border. Even VP Pence had to admit that not only was the "10 terrorists" number a lie (or fake news if you're a Trump fan) but other numbers Pence had been throwing around were also bogus.

They obviously don’t know what the other choices were and why those choices were not considered viable."?

What were the other choices and what were they compared to? If Trump doesn't know what the hell the problem is to the point that his own administration can't agree; if Trump changes his mind daily as to what his solution is to a problem he cannot articulate and for which he has no reliable data, how could he possibly compare and contrast other possible solutions?

I am guessing that we would know how many terrorist have actually crossed illegally from our southern border,
because after the cross they have to register as a terrorist?
The reality is that we do not know if any terrorist have crossed into the US that way, but the number is likely not zero.
People who relate border crossings to controlled access like in airports are showing a poor analogy, or one that at least justifies walls in some locations.
Consider that in an airport, walls, and barriers are used to force people to flow through controlled checkpoints.
The purpose of walls and barriers along the border would be sort of the same thing.
I think a valid guest worker program with Mexico and Canada, would work better.

She lied on Friday, and didn't try to clean it up. Wallace forced her hand.

Are you arguing that a ****up is the same as a lie? ... or that she knew what she was saying wasn't true and said it anyway?
Is that your standard for everyone? There's no such thing as mistakes anymore?

Are you arguing that a ****up is the same as a lie? ... or that she knew what she was saying wasn't true and said it anyway?
Is that your standard for everyone? There's no such thing as mistakes anymore?

She lied. She speaks for the most powerful man in the world.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

I'll have to look at some of your old posts. I'll bet when some of your fellow Trump fans scream about Obama and his "**** up" about "you will save $2500 on insurance", you said "He didn't lie! he just ****ed up!".

I know a lie when I hear one. So did Chris Wallace. That's why he called her out on it. That's what everyone who isn't a Trump drone did too.

1. Because Trump rarely says the same thing about his proposed Wall. First it is a big beautiful concrete wall across the southern border. Then it was a fence. Then it was not all across the border. Then it was a transparent wall. Then it was a thermal paneled wall. Then it was "never really meant to be a wall" as such, wall was a euphemism for other things not clearly defined. Then it was a wall only in places that required a wall. Then it was a steel wall. The it was a concrete wall and as of this morning so far it is a 30 foot steel wall. Oddly enough, though the administration clearly doesn't know what it wants or needs the required funding has always been $5+ billion.

2. Trump and his fans cannot show us or tell us what the Wall or whatever it is going to be is actually going to do other than keep terrorists, rapists, murderers and criminals out of the US. They can't even quantify that. Trump to this day has not clearly defined the problem. His justifications, such as they are, have been largely anecdotal. Trump and Sanders cannot or will not answer direct questions concerning specifics.

Trump, Pence, Rep. Steve Scalise, Rep. Roger Marshall, Sarah Sanders and others said that there were 10 terrorists a day coming over the southern border. Where? They won't say. Who were/are they? Trump won't say other than "they are very serious people." Where were/are they from? Trump and crew won't say.

After the lie was repeated for several days by Trump, Pence, Sanders and GOP members of Congress the State Department, Homeland Security, the Border Patrol when questioned by the press stated that there were no 10 terrorists a day caught coming over the border. There is no record of any known terrorist being apprehended coming over the southern border. Even VP Pence had to admit that not only was the "10 terrorists" number a lie (or fake news if you're a Trump fan) but other numbers Pence had been throwing around were also bogus.

What were the other choices and what were they compared to? If Trump doesn't know what the hell the problem is to the point that his own administration can't agree; if Trump changes his mind daily as to what his solution is to a problem he cannot articulate and for which he has no reliable data, how could he possibly compare and contrast other possible solutions?

You keep asking for the who, what, when, where and how many but would it make a difference to you if you knew?

If Congress agrees to appropriate the funds the type of barrier would be included.
There were many types of prototype barriers examined and they weren't all concrete.

She lied. She speaks for the most powerful man in the world.

Are you ****ing kidding me?

I'll have to look at some of your old posts. I'll bet when some of your fellow Trump fans scream about Obama and his "**** up" about "you will save $2500 on insurance", you said "He didn't lie! he just ****ed up!".

I know a lie when I hear one. So did Chris Wallace. That's why he called her out on it. That's what everyone who isn't a Trump drone did too.

I'm not ****ing kidding you.
Look up whatever you want.
But since you brought up Obama ... did he lie or did he make mistakes?

I'm not ****ing kidding you.
Look up whatever you want.
But since you brought up Obama ... did he lie or did he make mistakes?

He lied sometimes. He made mistakes other times. You seriously don't know this?

You want to defend her lie, go ahead. The people who use their heads know that she intentionally lied, like he did, to excite people like you. Wallace called her out on it. She looks even more dishonest and ignorant than she did one week ago at this time.

He lied sometimes. He made mistakes other times. You seriously don't know this?

You want to defend her lie, go ahead. The people who use their heads know that she intentionally lied, like he did, to excite people like you. Wallace called her out on it. She looks even more dishonest and ignorant than she did one week ago at this time.

Someone's getting excited here but it ain't me.

We got a better more definitive handle on some of what can be called Obama lies because of corroboration from guys like Jonathan Gruber.
Other times we can't easily conclude Obama lied rather than he ****ed up.
When AOC explains why the unemployment number is so low I wouldn't call that a lie. It's a ****up until we have something that shows it was deliberate.
Apply the same standard to Sanders in this instance.

Sarah "Baptist University" Sanders was caught lying yet again?

I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you! :no:

Good on Chris Wallace. One of the very few honest people employed by Fox News.

Someone's getting excited here but it ain't me.

We got a better more definitive handle on some of what can be called Obama lies because of corroboration from guys like Jonathan Gruber.
Other times we can't easily conclude Obama lied rather than he ****ed up.
When AOC explains why the unemployment number is so low I wouldn't call that a lie. It's a ****up until we have something that shows it was deliberate.
Apply the same standard to Sanders in this instance.

What does Gruber have to do with Sanders lying about 4000 terrorists being caught at our southern border?

You keep asking for the who, what, when, where and how many but would it make a difference to you if you knew?

The question should be "Would it make a difference if the nation knew?"

If Trump and people were telling the truth, if they were consistent, if they weren't hellbent on lying, obfuscation and misdirection and data and research concluded that the Wall or whatever it is was necessary and the best option then I would consider it, yes. But that is not where we are.

Trump's Wall promise/demand was first mentioned during the presidential campaign. There is no way on earth anyone can convince me that Trump knew a damn thing about the border or the need for a wall at that point in time. No one ever questions that. From day one until now Trump has not provided hard information concerning the wall. Instead he has depended on creating fear based on lies, not facts, lies.

If the US Army determined to build a $5+ billion dollar wall somewhere for the purpose of security you well know that Washington would be all over it like white on rice asking for justification from every angle. Congress would have many questions and reports would have to be submitted, data and research would have to be provided.

Trump wants to build a wall because ....well, no one really knows why including Trump. But you support that?

If Congress agrees to appropriate the funds the type of barrier would be included.
There were many types of prototype barriers examined and they weren't all concrete.

Right. Trump wants the money to the point that he is destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans and yet he CANNOT, HAS NOT clearly defined the problem. How do you know that any barrier or which barrier or where the barrier will be placed and how it will be manned is the best solution to a problem that Trump CANNOT define? Maybe a barrier is not the best solution. We don't know because we truly don't know what the problem is.

All Trump knows is that he promised a border wall before he ever had any real hard data. He still doesn't have any real hard data OR the data does not support spending $5 billion on a wall and Trump isn't sharing that information.

What we have is a solution looking for a problem to solve.

I'm guessing that when you need a new car you ask more questions and do more investigation and expect better answers than you get from Trump about his wall. Either that or you drive a backhoe to the office everyday because the salesman told you that you didn't need another car, he said you needed a backhoe and he could get you a sweet deal. :shock:

Agreed the WH has been misleading about that. However I think there is a good argument to be made that we do have a security vulnerability at our southern border and it's good policy to be proactive by fixing it before they decide to come that way rather than be reactive and wait for something bad to happen first.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Misleading???

The POTUS is the biggest pusher of the wall. He (and his mouthpiece Saunders) should be able to articulate honest and factual reasons for the focus on the push and funding of border security.

You start with identifying problems and the causation. You cannot develop a plan until you know the problems and the causes. I am TOTALLY unconvinced that Trump considers the entirety of the problem. This interview with Chris Wallace makes that even more clear.

Is it so wrong to expect actual facts? Is it so wrong to expect reasonable interpretation of the data? His press secratary should be able to articulate his understandings and interpretations.

How would people like it if people went to the doctor and allowing the doctor to treat them without a factual consideration of the root cause of their problem? Example - patient goes to doctor who says "you will need dialysis". He does not consider that the root cause of the failing kidneys is a failing heart that could be treated with medications. Patient gets placed on dialysis and dies anyway because the heart left untreated was too weak to support dialysis.

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2019/01/06/fncs-chris-wallace-whs-sarah-sanders-battle-over-terrorists-crossing-border/

FNC’s Chris Wallace, WH’s Sarah Sanders Battle over Terrorists Crossing Border

On this weekend’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday,” Chris Wallace challenged White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on the Trump administration’s claim that terrorists are crossing the southwestern border of the United States.

Wallace said, “The State Department says, quote, ‘There were no credible evidence of any terrorist coming across the border from Mexico.’”

Sanders said, “We know that roughly nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists come into our country illegally, and we know that our most vulnerable point of entry is southern border.”
Wallace shot back, “I know the statistic, I didn’t know if you were going to use it, but I studied up on this. Do you know what those 4,000 people come where they are captured? Airports.”

Sanders said, “Not always—”

Wallace said, “Airports. The state department says there hasn’t been any terrorists found coming across the southern border from Mexico.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/fact-check-did-u-s-catch-4-000-terrorists-southern-n954796

Fact Check: Did the U.S. catch 4,000 terrorists at the southern border in 2018?
WASHINGTON — White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Friday that Customs and Border Protection picked up nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists last year "that came across our southern border."

But in fact, the figure she seems to be citing is based on 2017 data, not 2018, and refers to stops made by Department of Homeland Security across the globe, mainly at airports.

In fiscal 2017, the latest year for which data is available, according to agency data and the White House's own briefing sheet, the Department of Homeland Security prevented nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists from "traveling to or entering the United States."

According to Justice Department public records and two former counter-terrorism officials, no immigrant has been arrested at the southwest border on terrorism charges in recent years.
=========================================================
Does lying every day to the American public endear herself to Fox viewers? Isn't she supposed to be a 'good Christian woman'?

So Sarah Sanders got caught in a lie, huh? Big deal.

I will admit it's not a good thing, but show me how honest Democrats have been through out the years.

What does Gruber have to do with Sanders lying about 4000 terrorists being caught at our southern border?

Nothing at all. But you brought up Obama soooooooooo..........

Nothing at all. But you brought up Obama soooooooooo..........

I didn't bring up Gruber, and I brought up something specific that he said that your fellow Trump fans scream was a lie.

Did you tell them it wasn't a lie, just a **** up by Obama? I'll bet you didn't.

You want to defend Sanders, go on ahead. Asking for honesty from a citizen of Trump Fan Nation is like asking my stapler to cook me breakfast.

So Sarah Sanders got caught in a lie, huh? Big deal.

It should be a Big deal, but it no longer is. She is every bit the habitual liar her employer is, which is why Sarah is still employed by Trump.

The saddest portion of this is reading Americans just like you, who no longer demand integrity and honesty from our government officials, if you ever even did demand such qualities.

The question should be "Would it make a difference if the nation knew?"
But the nation ain't here so I asked you. Would it make a difference to you if you knew?

If Trump and people were telling the truth, if they were consistent, if they weren't hellbent on lying, obfuscation and misdirection and data and research concluded that the Wall or whatever it is was necessary and the best option then I would consider it, yes. But that is not where we are.

Trump's Wall promise/demand was first mentioned during the presidential campaign. There is no way on earth anyone can convince me that Trump knew a damn thing about the border or the need for a wall at that point in time. No one ever questions that. From day one until now Trump has not provided hard information concerning the wall. Instead he has depended on creating fear based on lies, not facts, lies.

If the US Army determined to build a $5+ billion dollar wall somewhere for the purpose of security you well know that Washington would be all over it like white on rice asking for justification from every angle. Congress would have many questions and reports would have to be submitted, data and research would have to be provided.

Trump wants to build a wall because ....well, no one really knows why including Trump. But you support that?

Right. Trump wants the money to the point that he is destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans and yet he CANNOT, HAS NOT clearly defined the problem. How do you know that any barrier or which barrier or where the barrier will be placed and how it will be manned is the best solution to a problem that Trump CANNOT define? Maybe a barrier is not the best solution. We don't know because we truly don't know what the problem is.

All Trump knows is that he promised a border wall before he ever had any real hard data. He still doesn't have any real hard data OR the data does not support spending $5 billion on a wall and Trump isn't sharing that information.

What we have is a solution looking for a problem to solve.
Well I suspect at the time Trump knew there was a problem with a porous Southern border since everyone else knew but only made perfunctory nods to solve it.
He promised to actually carry through with creating a border barrier that others said was needed to help halt illegal immigration.
I would think you'd be happy that someone would try to complete the commitments of Schumer, Pelosi, Obama et al.

I'm guessing that when you need a new car you ask more questions and do more investigation and expect better answers than you get from Trump about his wall. Either that or you drive a backhoe to the office everyday because the salesman told you that you didn't need another car, he said you needed a backhoe and he could get you a sweet deal. :shock:

But before I sign the contract for a new car I look at what's available, the features, how much it costs, do I have the money, can I get the money, and if can I get more for the money ... then I'll sign if it's a good deal.
Sound familiar?

I didn't bring up Gruber, and I brought up something specific that he said that your fellow Trump fans scream was a lie.

Did you tell them it wasn't a lie, just a **** up by Obama? I'll bet you didn't.

You want to defend Sanders, go on ahead. Asking for honesty from a citizen of Trump Fan Nation is like asking my stapler to cook me breakfast.

I am seriously conflicted about what I think we need for border security. He has yet to honestly and factually define the problem. Realistically, I want facts. I want people who actually know how to investigate a problem. Trump has a solution without clearly articulating factually what the actual problems are.

It is kind of like wanting to go to war and figuring out reasons later.

It should be a Big deal, but it no longer is. She is every bit the habitual liar her employer is, which is why Sarah is still employed by Trump.

The saddest portion of this is reading Americans just like you, who no longer demand integrity and honesty from our government officials, if you ever even did demand such qualities.

I doubt she is (just as much a liar as her boss (trump) is).

And as I remember it, I did demand integrity and honesty at the tail end of my post 93. Remember?

but to let you know that Democrats are lying to all Americans, not just me. And if another republican lies again, and I say "so what", what will your response be?

Because at the end of the day, as a criticism of our attitude it will pale against the everyday lies, of the type that should cause an outcry against the democrats, that will cause not a single ripple against the democrats.

You brought up Obama and I brought up Gruber because he was the go-to guy for Obama to help get Obamacare through.
I brought up Gruber because he admitted he had to fool a lot of people to help get the thing passed. In fact, he was proud of it.
That's the kind of first hand evidence that would help a person decide if it was a lie as opposed to a mistake.
We need that kind of thing for Sanders.

Back
Top Bottom