• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Sanders Caught Lying To Chris Wallace on Fox

I keep saying, no money for the wall until studies have been done validating the expense. And no, Trumps BS is not a Federally funded study. WTF is wrong with Righties spending this amount of tax payers money without due diligence.

Exactly. If research, studies and resulting facts determine exactly what it is Trump's Wall is needed, I'll listen. As you know that has not happened. As such there is no evidence based data that strongly suggests a wall is necessary. Again, Trump and his people have yet to define what Trump's Wall is supposed to accomplish.

If research determines major enhancement of security along the southern border is necessary I want to hear about it. As to the findings I want to know why and what. Trump has not provided any of that. He hasn't provided it because he doesn't have it.

Let's suppose for a moment Trump and his people have done the grunt work and rather than propose the solution before determining the problem they act like professionals. Let's pretend for the moment credible research and study have determined that the southern border poses significant security issues. We are forced at this point to pretend as Trump has produced no credible research and issues are not clearly determined and defined.

Assuming this then where is the credible comparative research addressing possible solutions to the problems clearing defined and documented? How was it determined that Trump's Wall (which by the way continues to be redefined by Trump and his people) was the best solution? In reality of course none of this exists.

Of course it's different, I'm not saying it's not. But the fact remains that there has be absolutely ZERO terrorists apprehended at our southern border as Sarah Sanders stated.

Well I guess if you were Bill Clinton then the excuse would be depends what the meaning of is is. How do you define terrorists. Are MS-13 gang members felling refugees or criminals/terrorists if they happen to be in your neighborhood. How would you classify drug smugglers? They kill many more Americans than the middle eastern terrorists that you and Wallace mean with more got ya B.S.

The border patrol thinks it will work because they say it has worked where barriers exists. Why do you think it didn't?

Where are the reports?

The border patrol says it has worked where barriers exist, but what is "it"? At designated control points? In the vast middle of absolutely nowhere in the desert?

Where did it work?

When did it work?

What exactly "worked"? "Worked" tells us mostly nothing. "We stopped a guy with a switchblade coming through a fence near Los Algondones. He looked really mean" is anecdotal and for the most part useless. THAT is the kind of justification we get concerning how a barrier "worked".

What did the barriers accomplish?

What are the qualified results? I haven't seen them.

How do the existing answers to these questions justify Trump's Wall? Trump has not provided any of that information.

Honestly, I haven't seen or heard Sanders say there have been 4000 terrorists stopped at the Southern border.
If she danced around it or was vague about it but didn't actually say it, then that's how it should be reported.
Anyone making up quotes is not the right approach.

The border patrol thinks it will work because they say it has worked where barriers exists. Why do you think it didn't?

Maybe you should watch the clip from Chris Wallace's show
“We know that, roughly, nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists come into our country illegally, and we know that our most vulnerable point of entry is at our southern border,” she said, before Wallace cut her off.

Oh noes, bubba was right, Sarah did not say "there have been 4000 terrorists stopped at the Southern border" She did say, 4000 terrorist have entered the country -- of course she didn't get to tell Chris just how the government knows about these 4000 terrorists who are already in America.

Sanders is "caught" lying every time she speaks. This is just one of the very, very rare times someone calls it out to her face.

Yes, I find it ironic that a father that preached the 10 commandments, one of which is "Thou shall not bear false witness" (lie), raised a daughter who makes living "bearing false witness".

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a professional liar.

Yes, I find it ironic that a father that preached the 10 commandments, one of which is "Thou shall not bear false witness" (lie), raised a daughter who makes living "bearing false witness".

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is a professional liar.

She is out spreading propaganda, lies and false statements for the trump regime...Nothing more...She is a disgusting person

Of course it's different, I'm not saying it's not. But the fact remains that there has be absolutely ZERO terrorists apprehended at our southern border as Sarah Sanders stated.

I don't have trouble believing that zero terrorists have tried to cross the border.

Drug-running criminals, however, are a different story.

I'm not normalizing anything. I specifically agreed that they were caught being deceptive. If that's not good enough that's your problem.

That does not change that the vulnerability allows for the possibility of terrorists coming here without detection because of it. You are being just as dishonest if you can not admit that.

The main "vulnerability" to terrorists is a direct function of the U.S. being a mostly free country, that among other things allows about a million individuals a year to and from the U.S. and Mexico per DAY, 10s of thousands of vehicles PER DAY across the southern border, not to mention the millions and millions who fly here from all over the world to work, travel, do business, etc. The Great Wall of Trump doesn't affect that MASSIVE vulnerability that comes from being a free country that welcomes people from all over the globe here for all kinds of reasons.

That's the problem with this conversation - it's fact free. The rationale for the Great Wall of Trump isn't based at all on any evidence or reasoned argument, it's gut fears stoked by lying propagandists in the WH like Sarah Sanders, who knows EXACTLY what she's doing. TERRORISTS!!!! DRUGS!!!! It's shameful.

From 2015 ...

Authorities also apprehended immigrants who said they were members of terrorist organizations in Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
The department said it had come into contact in recent years with “special interest aliens,” who come from countries with known ties to terrorists or where terrorist groups thrive. Those arrested include Afghans, Iranians, Iraqis, Syrians, Libyans and Pakistanis. In all, immigrants from 35 countries in Asia and the Middle East have been arrested over the past few years in the Rio Grande Valley.

The department says there is no known intelligence that specifically links undocumented immigrants to terrorism plots, but the authors warn it’s almost certain that foreign terrorist organizations know of the porous border between the U.S. and Mexico.

“It is important to note that an unsecure border is a vulnerability that can be exploited by criminals of all kinds,” Vinger said. “And it would be naive to rule out the possibility that any criminal organizations around the world, including terrorists, would not look for opportunities to take advantage of security gaps along our country’s international border.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-border/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.dac413047795

You're free to believe their efforts stopped for some reason.

And what you've posted proves my case, thank you. As I have previously stated and will do so once more, the 4,000 or whatever figure Sarah Sanders and Kristjen Nielson happen to be playing with that day, are people that come from countries where there have been suspected terrorists in the past. To be clear, not one of these terrorists or suspected terrorists has been apprehended at the southern border and were immigrants from Central America or Mexico, not a single one.

Well I guess if you were Bill Clinton then the excuse would be depends what the meaning of is is. How do you define terrorists. Are MS-13 gang members felling refugees or criminals/terrorists if they happen to be in your neighborhood. How would you classify drug smugglers? They kill many more Americans than the middle eastern terrorists that you and Wallace mean with more got ya B.S.

MS13, Mara Salvatrucha and the Barrio 18 are all gangs that fight for territorial control. They use violence and threats to enforce their power. They are not the 'terrorists' in the general sense of the word. A terrorist is someone that uses a tool such as a bomb or an airplane to create havoc and chaos and to kill scores of civilians usually for a political or religious agenda. Comparing MS13 to a terrorist by today's definition is comparing apples to oranges. Not the same at all.

I don't have trouble believing that zero terrorists have tried to cross the border.

Drug-running criminals, however, are a different story.

You must have an image of a couple of Mexicans with a donkey loaded down with bales of drugs on his back clip-clopping through one of the borders in the desert. Seriously, do you really believe that billionaire drug cartels smuggle drugs through border fences or maybe they catapult tons of cocaine over high walls? Do you know, and this is a fact, that most of the illegal drugs coming into the United States is coming right through our own U.S. border crossing? It's true. There have been hundreds of tunnels discovered by BATF and Border Security that have been dug in order to get vast quantities of drugs into the U.S.

Oh yes, the cartels have all the money they need to buy ships and airplanes to fly right over the border.
Cartels smuggle drugs into the U.S. all the time using elaborate underground tunnels. One was discovered in 2013 that went from Tijuana, under the border, to San Diego. The tunnel was more than 600 yards long, it had lights and ventilation and rails to push carts filled with drugs through the tunnel. Three people were taken into custody, and federal agents seized eight tons of marijuana and 325 pounds of cocaine. Cab we even imagine how much illegal drugs were smuggled in through that tunnel before it was found? That was just the drug score federal agents seized in that one day. There have been hundreds of tunnels found that transported tons and tons of drugs that were dug by drug cartels and a lot of those drugs are coming right through the LEGAL border crossing. No wall -- no matter how high -- how deep -- how thick or how long is going to put an end to illegal drugs coming into the U.S. People will go under, over, around or through any wall no matter what it's made of.

The drug cartels have all the money they could possibly need to buy the most sophisticated sea vessels and aircraft to simply fly over the border.

I'd say this would be more than enough to buy a few airplanes.

OLs6c5N.jpg

Last edited:
Where are the reports?

The border patrol says it has worked where barriers exist, but what is "it"? At designated control points? In the vast middle of absolutely nowhere in the desert?

Where did it work?

When did it work?

What exactly "worked"? "Worked" tells us mostly nothing. "We stopped a guy with a switchblade coming through a fence near Los Algondones. He looked really mean" is anecdotal and for the most part useless. THAT is the kind of justification we get concerning how a barrier "worked".

What did the barriers accomplish?

What are the qualified results? I haven't seen them.

How do the existing answers to these questions justify Trump's Wall? Trump has not provided any of that information.

Exactly correct. Where is the evidence from reputable sources showing that spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling?

The main "vulnerability" to terrorists is a direct function of the U.S. being a mostly free country, that among other things allows about a million individuals a year to and from the U.S. and Mexico per DAY, 10s of thousands of vehicles PER DAY across the southern border, not to mention the millions and millions who fly here from all over the world to work, travel, do business, etc. The Great Wall of Trump doesn't affect that MASSIVE vulnerability that comes from being a free country that welcomes people from all over the globe here for all kinds of reasons.

That's the problem with this conversation - it's fact free. The rationale for the Great Wall of Trump isn't based at all on any evidence or reasoned argument, it's gut fears stoked by lying propagandists in the WH like Sarah Sanders, who knows EXACTLY what she's doing. TERRORISTS!!!! DRUGS!!!! It's shameful.

Exactly.

They scare Trump's base with the boogieman, then present Trump as the only one who can save them from their imaginary fears. If they ever grow a backbone, Trump is in real trouble.

Exactly. A catchy fear mantra works well with insecure, non-thinking adults and is always a hit in movies for little children.

giphy.gif

No that's not true at all. Customs and Border Patrol have the same tools and technology available to them as airport security has. But to outright lie to the American public not only by Sarah Sanders and Trump but by our own Director of Homeland Security Kristjen Nielson is just not acceptable by any standard of measure.

How does that work when people on a regular basis sneak across our southern border. They are not checked by anyone.
They do not have the same set up as TSA in airports.

Says who? How about gang members or other dangerous people we don't want in our country.

It just occurred to me that Sarah Sanders was supposed to be leaving the White House at the end of 2018, right? What happened?

House Homeland Security Committee Releases Special Report on Terrorist Border Infiltration Threat

http://opencda.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/396705631-SIA-Report-2018.pdf

CIS readers will recognize some of the task force's findings in my own CIS reporting since this summer, particularly from my December trip to Panama and Costa Rica.

The report treads carefully to avoid including classified information and so it is understandably light on quantifying the terrorism threat with details about terrorist suspects crossing the border, restraints CIS has attempted to push against. Following are some findings in the 29-page report that I think are noteworthy, but just as important is the report's list of recommendations:

The recent migrant caravans originating in Central America have included "several SIAs, and potentially" known or suspected terrorists traveling toward the U.S. border.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security continues to prioritize the SIA threat as one of the top threats to the homeland because of the consistently "large number" of individuals from special interest countries that travel to the Western Hemisphere using illicit pathways.
Written ISIS materials and publications have encouraged ISIS followers to cross the U.S. Southwest Border.
DHS Border Patrol Agents "routinely" encounter SIAs at the border using routes controlled by transnational criminal organizations.
Statistics on the number of known or suspected terrorists on routes to the border are often classified, but the threat posed by "the existence of illicit pathways into the United States" highlights that "border security is national security" as terrorist groups seek to exploit vulnerabilities among neighboring countries to fund, support, and commit attacks against the homeland.
The report lists five open-source, unclassified cases representing the types of individuals and threats associated with illicit routes to the homeland. (CIS recently compiled and published a list of 15.) A number of heavily redacted cases are included in which biometric enrollment information uncovered suspected terrorists in 2013, 2015, and 2018.
The frequency of international flights from special interest regions into Latin America and the Caribbean continues to increase due to economic and governance challenges in those countries that create an attractive environment for illicit SIA travel to the U.S. border.
ICE Homeland Security Investigations is deeply enmeshed in investigations and operations throughout Central America to counter human smuggling organizations that move SIAs in Panama, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Colombia, and Brazil.
The United States-Canada border "is also susceptible to exploitation by SIAs."

This fall, CIS published my Backgrounder "Eight Recommendations to Congress and the White House to Counter Potential Terror Travel to the U.S. Southern Border".

The Homeland Security Committee lists 10, some of which overlap with mine, which is somewhat heartening, indicating that I wasn't too far out in the weeds.

https://cis.org/Bensman/House-Homeland-Security-Committee-Releases-Special-Report-Terrorist-Border-Infiltration

Says who? How about gang members or other dangerous people we don't want in our country.

Do you have any proof at all that gang members are entering illegally? If you do, please send the link.

A little information about the Central American gangs. MS13, Mara Salvatrucha and the Barrio 18 are all gangs that fight for territorial control, the majority being in Honduras. They use violence and threats to enforce their powers within their territories. They are not 'terrorists' in the general sense of the word. A terrorist is someone that uses a tool such as a bomb or an airplane to create havoc and chaos and to kill scores of civilians usually for a political or religious agenda. Comparing MS13 to a terrorist by today's definition is comparing apples to oranges. Not the same at all.

Exactly. A catchy fear mantra works well with insecure, non-thinking adults and is always a hit in movies for little children.

giphy.gif
Any accusing anyone that dares disagree with your opinion s xenophobist, racist, or sexist has what kind of positive influence?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You must have an image of a couple of Mexicans with a donkey loaded down with bales of drugs on his back clip-clopping through one of the borders in the desert. Seriously, do you really believe that billionaire drug cartels smuggle drugs through border fences or maybe they catapult tons of cocaine over high walls? Do you know, and this is a fact, that most of the illegal drugs coming into the United States is coming right through our own U.S. border crossing? It's true. There have been hundreds of tunnels discovered by BATF and Border Security that have been dug in order to get vast quantities of drugs into the U.S.

Oh yes, the cartels have all the money they need to buy ships and airplanes to fly right over the border.
Cartels smuggle drugs into the U.S. all the time using elaborate underground tunnels. One was discovered in 2013 that went from Tijuana, under the border, to San Diego. The tunnel was more than 600 yards long, it had lights and ventilation and rails to push carts filled with drugs through the tunnel. Three people were taken into custody, and federal agents seized eight tons of marijuana and 325 pounds of cocaine. Cab we even imagine how much illegal drugs were smuggled in through that tunnel before it was found? That was just the drug score federal agents seized in that one day. There have been hundreds of tunnels found that transported tons and tons of drugs that were dug by drug cartels and a lot of those drugs are coming right through the LEGAL border crossing. No wall -- no matter how high -- how deep -- how thick or how long is going to put an end to illegal drugs coming into the U.S. People will go under, over, around or through any wall no matter what it's made of.

The drug cartels have all the money they could possibly need to buy the most sophisticated sea vessels and aircraft to simply fly over the border.

I'd say this would be more than enough to buy a few airplanes.

OLs6c5N.jpg

All very interesting, but no, I'm not thinking of a couple of guys with burros. Modern crooks seem to prefer "mules" willing to say, swallow packages of drugs to get them across the border. Maybe these are lower levels of smuggler than the guys with the airplanes, though it doesn't make them any less criminal.

And then there's this poster boy.

It just occurred to me that Sarah Sanders was supposed to be leaving the White House at the end of 2018, right? What happened?

She needs to be removed...Easily the worst White House Communication's spokes person ever

https://www.breitbart.com/video/2019/01/06/fncs-chris-wallace-whs-sarah-sanders-battle-over-terrorists-crossing-border/

FNC’s Chris Wallace, WH’s Sarah Sanders Battle over Terrorists Crossing Border

On this weekend’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday,” Chris Wallace challenged White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on the Trump administration’s claim that terrorists are crossing the southwestern border of the United States.

Wallace said, “The State Department says, quote, ‘There were no credible evidence of any terrorist coming across the border from Mexico.’”

Sanders said, “We know that roughly nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists come into our country illegally, and we know that our most vulnerable point of entry is southern border.”
Wallace shot back, “I know the statistic, I didn’t know if you were going to use it, but I studied up on this. Do you know what those 4,000 people come where they are captured? Airports.”

Sanders said, “Not always—”

Wallace said, “Airports. The state department says there hasn’t been any terrorists found coming across the southern border from Mexico.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/fact-check-did-u-s-catch-4-000-terrorists-southern-n954796

Fact Check: Did the U.S. catch 4,000 terrorists at the southern border in 2018?
WASHINGTON — White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said Friday that Customs and Border Protection picked up nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists last year "that came across our southern border."

But in fact, the figure she seems to be citing is based on 2017 data, not 2018, and refers to stops made by Department of Homeland Security across the globe, mainly at airports.

In fiscal 2017, the latest year for which data is available, according to agency data and the White House's own briefing sheet, the Department of Homeland Security prevented nearly 4,000 known or suspected terrorists from "traveling to or entering the United States."

According to Justice Department public records and two former counter-terrorism officials, no immigrant has been arrested at the southwest border on terrorism charges in recent years.
=========================================================
Does lying every day to the American public endear herself to Fox viewers? Isn't she supposed to be a 'good Christian woman'?

Feel a little sorry for lying Sarah. She stood and watched while Sean Spicer was driven from the job for not being a good consistent liar. And she wanted that job. Now she has to figure out how to get her soul back. Might be too late. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom