• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin thinks Bill Nye isn't a real scientist[W:260]

Re: Sarah Palin thinks Bill Nye isn't a real scientist

When is this twit going away forever (politically)?

She is thick as a whale omelette.
It seems her detractors aren't all that bright either.

This guy seems more about being goofy than knowing anything about science. If actual accredited scientists told me that he knows what he is talking about I would believe them, but I have never been told that.

Last edited:

This guys seems more about being goofy than knowing anything about science. If actual accredited scientists told me that he knows what he is talking about I would believe them, but I have never been told that.
yes, this is the geek searching for the scientific truth. Bill Nye, The Science Guy, Is Open To Criminal Charges And Jail Time For Climate Change Dissenters - Fox Nation

I suppose he'll try to have this guy fined and jailed also. Lawrence Solomon: Why it looks like ?game over? for global warming | Financial Post

Say what you will about Sarah Palin but she doesn't suggest jail time for anyone who disagrees with her.

Yes, in the most narrow definition of the term.

Still. Palin isnt 'as much of a scientist' as Nye. Period.

Correct, since neither one of them is a scientist.

I guess the OPs comment about 'pathetic defenses' was pretty prescient.

Where did I defend Palin? Merely pointing out an obvious fact. Engineers aren't scientists. :shrug:

When is this twit going away forever (politically)?

She is thick as a whale omelette.

When the American left looses its obsession with her. Seriously, who gives a holy **** what she thinks about anything. We may as well be debating the quotes of Paris Hilton, Mz. Palin has never held federal office, has not been anywhere near the reins of power for eight years, and yet every time she opens her stupid mouth, the left simply must go wild.

I suspect its some form of making themselves feel better because the other side has someone just as stupid as Nancy Pelosi.

:inandout:

Sarah Palin Doesn't Think Bill Nye Is A Real Scientist

I can't even....

Let the pathetic defenses begin!

He is a mechanical engineer and television personality, not a climatologist. Mechanical engineers aren't scientists in the classic sense of the word. They are designers who use math and science in their work. He has an opinion, like everyone else but I don't think his opinion is any better than anyone else who is not a climatologist.

When the American left looses its obsession with her. Seriously, who gives a holy **** what she thinks about anything. We may as well be debating the quotes of Paris Hilton, Mz. Palin has never held federal office, has not been anywhere near the reins of power for eight years, and yet every time she opens her stupid mouth, the left simply must go wild.

I suspect its some form of making themselves feel better because the other side has someone just as stupid as Nancy Pelosi.

Well, until the Messiah makes her Secretary of State anyway. Of course, even then, we'll be hearing about how her opinion doesn't matter. Unless it's politically convenient, of course.

Sarah Palin is proving herself to be a moron of the highest order.

She is a political hack. However she is smart enough to have achieved some political successes and become a millionaire. Ok not to agree with her but "moron" doesn't even begin to apply.

I guess the OPs comment about 'pathetic defenses' was pretty prescient.

Like it was that hard. All you have to do is say "Sarah Palin says" and they line up like lemmings.

This guy seems more about being goofy than knowing anything about science. If actual accredited scientists told me that he knows what he is talking about I would believe them, but I have never been told that.

Many "real scientists" agree with Nye on climate change issues. So do you believe them?

Well, until the Messiah makes her Secretary of State anyway. Of course, even then, we'll be hearing about how her opinion doesn't matter. Unless it's politically convenient, of course.

Secretary of state?

So you figure Hillary is going to lose to Trump.

I'll take that bet.

What a completely idiotic response. Your irrational idea that she is somehow magically going to become secretary of state is offered as a reason for having had an eight year total obsession with the woman.

Right.

Secretary of state?

So you figure Hillary is going to lose to Trump.

I'll take that bet.

What a completely idiotic response. Your irrational idea that she is somehow magically going to become secretary of state is offered as a reason for having had an eight year total obsession with the woman.

Right.

If she wasn't out publicly flogging for Trump, I'd agree that she was irrelevant. However, her actions seem to contradict this desire you folks seem to think she has to be left alone. At this point, her campaign appearances for Trump make her a public political figure. Are we not allowed to criticize public political figures? Maybe you should give us a list of public political figures who are exempt from criticism.

No matter who wins between Hillary and Trump, we're in for a very long 4 years. My God, this choice makes the Bush vs. Gore election look like a battle of titans.

Last edited:

Sarah Palin Doesn't Think Bill Nye Is A Real Scientist

I can't even....

Let the pathetic defenses begin!

No defense necessary. She has it right. A center-mass hit, in fact.

[h=3]Bill Nye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/h]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye

Wikipedia

William Sanford "Bill" Nye (born November 27, 1955), popularly known as Bill Nye the Science Guy, is an American science educator, television presenter, and ...‎Blair Tindall - ‎Bill Nye the Science Guy - ‎Sundial - ‎Pointe shoe

If she wasn't out publicly flogging for Trump, I'd agree that she was irrelevant. However, her actions seem to contradict this desire you folks seem to think she has to be left alone. At this point, her campaign appearances for Trump make her a public political figure. Are we not allowed to criticize public political figures? Maybe you should give us a list of public political figures who are exempt from criticism. No matter who wins between Hillary and Trump, we're in for a very long 4 years. My God, this choice makes the Bush vs. Gore election look like a battle of titans.
Criticism is fine but there should be some solid ground before the criticism begins. If not, as in this case, the critics just look foolish.

Like it was that hard. All you have to do is say "Sarah Palin says" and they line up like lemmings.

Greetings, rocket88. :2wave:

:agree: It's actually been amusing to watch her all these years - kind of like a fun break when things start getting too "ordinary." She can still draw the crowds, too, which must irritate her detractors to no end, and she's probably laughing at them, all the way to the bank! :mrgreen:

She is a high profile surrogate of Trump. All of her public appearances for him make her a public political figure, wouldn't you say?
You have a point, but it's still not enough for me to care about her.

I'd even guess that she could potentially end up in His cabinet.
Frightening, isn't it.

Absolutely...

And why would anybody care about Bill Nye?

The only thing Bill Nye has done that I am aware of that even minimally peaked my interest, was when he had a role on one episode of the TV show "Stargate - Atlantis." Other than that, he's a kid's show character like Barney The Dinosaur.

Greetings, rocket88. :2wave:

:agree: It's actually been amusing to watch her all these years - kind of like a fun break when things start getting too "ordinary." She can still draw the crowds, too, which must irritate her detractors to no end, and she's probably laughing at them, all the way to the bank! :mrgreen:

It's been infuriating to watch her all these years and the fact that she still holds any political sway in the Republican Party isn't good for them. We're really lucky that she isn't a sitting VP running for President, though given who is running...

Criticism is fine but there should be some solid ground before the criticism begins. If not, as in this case, the critics just look foolish.

I think the criticism is well founded. You're just butthurt because Palin is always making your side look dumb. Defending her isn't helping that, btw.

Back
Top Bottom