• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sarah Palin thinks Bill Nye isn't a real scientist[W:260]

Funny, you decided to counter it, whether Nye is a man of scientific inquiry, now, when shown how wrong you are, you have become uninterested.

Learn from your errors, you will be a better man, Jack.

He's not a man of scientific inquiry either, but that's actually off topic.

He's not a man of scientific inquiry either, but that's actually off topic.
I've already shown he is, have you become re-interested in the debate again? Oh, wait, I'm bored with yer flip-flopping....and I already won the debate.

Cya, loser.

Sorry, but Nye has never engaged in scientific inquiry. He has no published research.

One can do plenty of scientific inquiry without publishing.

I work in a company full of pharmacologists and medicinal chemists that never publish their work.

And Nye is a member of the scientific team for a Mars mission, certainly a scientific effort, as well as someone who evaluated and directs scientific grants, which is also considered scientific work.

I've already shown he is, have you become re-interested in the debate again? Oh, wait, I'm bored with yer flip-flopping....and I already won the debate.

Cya, loser.

I work in a company full of pharmacologists and medicinal chemists that never publish their work.

And Nye is a member of the scientific team for a Mars mission, certainly a scientific effort, as well as someone who evaluated and directs scientific grants, which is also considered scientific work.

Nye is an engineer and a science popularizer. (This includes his Mars work.) Palin certainly has well-documented shortcomings, but in this instance she has it right. I realize your antipathy to her makes that hard to accept, but it's true nonetheless.

Well, sure. As it's been defined in this thread, anyone who has attended elementary school has engaged in "scientific inquiry." It doesn't make you a "scientist" any more than years of experience building castles out of wooden blocks makes you an "engineer."

New member here.

Here's what Palin said:

“Bill Nye is as much a scientist as I am,” Palin said at an event in Washington, D.C., according to The Hill.

I find it interesting that Bill Nye's legistimacy as a 'scientist' has become the topic. No matter how you view his scientific activities/achievements... it would seem clear even to the most partisan that they are not on a par with Ms. Palin's. Not even close to comparable.

And yet, Palin insists that they are. Just one more example of her cluelessness. That's no great shock. Surprising, though, that there are still some who would contort themselves in efforts to defend her.

As an aside... I came here looking for informed conversation. Am I going to find it... or is this - the first thread I opened - going to be typical?

Last edited:
New member here.
Here's what Palin said:

I find it interesting that Bill Nye's legistimacy as a 'scientist' has become the topic. No matter how you view his scientific activities/achievements... it would seem clear even to the most partisan that they are not on a par with Ms. Palin's. Not even close to comparable. And yet, Palin insists that they are. Just one more example of her cluelessness. That's no great shock. Surprising, though, that there are still some who would contort themselves in efforts to defend her. As an aside... I came here looking for informed conversation. Am I going to find it... or is this - the first thread I opened - going to be typical?
If the first thread you open is about Sarah Palin, and you then take time t get involved, I doubt you'll be bringing much to the table anyway.

If the first thread you open is about Sarah Palin, and you then take time t get involved, I doubt you'll be bringing much to the table anyway.

How kindly welcoming of you. Well... I know this joint has an Ignore function. As I read the forum rules... you might be better served to use it - instead of posting gratuitous snark.

Actually, Nye is not a man of scientific inquiry. That's the point. He's an engineer and a popularizer of science. Moreover, I believe that politicized AGW advocacy, a cause with which Nye identifies himself, is more of a threat to science than anything Palin has done or is likely to do.

What a load of bull****. The AGW cause is a part of science, it does not threaten science. It is the AGW-denialists who threaten science by using their faith to dismiss scientific inquiry.

Her statement was accurate. Neither is a scientist.

Laughably false. Sarah Palin is less of a scientist than the average 12 year old.

Nye is an engineer and a science popularizer. (This includes his Mars work.) Palin certainly has well-documented shortcomings, but in this instance she has it right. I realize your antipathy to her makes that hard to accept, but it's true nonetheless.

f96e840e6da169fd3629eddde3eef732.jpg

^ i summarized your argument in picture form

What a load of bull****. The AGW cause is a part of science, it does not threaten science. It is the AGW-denialists who threaten science by using their faith to dismiss scientific inquiry.

Laughably false. Sarah Palin is less of a scientist than the average 12 year old.

I see that you agree with Sarah Palin: she states she is not a scientist.
AGW is the Lysenkoism of our time.

Opinion
[h=1]Bill Nye’s Scientism[/h] by WILLIE SOON AND ISTVÁN MARKÓ (via Breitbart) There is a saying in the world of science that if scientific facts do not support your arguments then stop shouting. It is thus a waste of time to appeal to “scientism” or to rely on popular spokespersons like Al Gore or Bill Nye to make it…

Back
Top Bottom