• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Santorum vs. Obama

If the Election were today, who would you vote for?

• Total voters
His virtues are far superior to the vices of liberals.

His views on SSM, abortion, and marijuana(just off the top of my head) are awful, and I can't support that crap.

Obama's incompetence does not change my view of Santorum. If the choice was between the two I would vote 3rd party or not at all.

Wow!!! A libertarian that would vote for a 3rd party! Now that is a novel approach. Pfffft!

Obama isn't incompetent, he is trying to destroy the America we know! Look at his past, who he is, and was involved with. He is a Saul Alinsky Radical!

Good grief. Obama has been nothing more than a moderate as president.

His views on SSM, abortion, and marijuana(just off the top of my head) are awful, and I can't support that crap.

Thanks for confirming what I had said.

Good grief. Obama has been nothing more than a moderate as president.

I guess anything to the right of Karl Marx would appear to be moderate to a very liberal person.

I did. They are far different from the extreme leftwing ideologue's policies.

Well if legislating morality is "far from the left wing ideologues policies," then so be it. He's insane. He, hopefully, will not reach a position to enforce his theocratic reign.

I guess anything to the right of Karl Marx would appear to be moderate to a very liberal person.

...and anything that's not utter Conservatism would appear to be Liberal to you

Well if legislating morality is "far from the left wing ideologues policies," then so be it. He's insane. He, hopefully, will not reach a position to enforce his theocratic reign.

There will be no theocratic reign as no one has proposed one. Your hysteria is noted though.

...and anything that's not utter Conservatism would appear to be Liberal to you

That is not true. I am just commenting on the hyperbolic hysteria that liberals and libertarians have made here. If there were no hyperbole or hysteria being used here, I would not even have a reason to post anything other than responding to the OP by saying that I would vote for Santorum over Obama, which is exactly what I did.

There will be no theocratic reign as no one has proposed one. Your hysteria is noted though.

You must not have heard him speak...

He's a more evangelical version of Perry (which is terrifying).

That is not true. I am just commenting on the hyperbolic hysteria that liberals and libertarians have made here. If there were no hyperbole or hysteria being used here, I would not even have a reason to post anything other than responding to the OP by saying that I would vote for Santorum over Obama, which is exactly what I did.

No, YourStar made a valid point and you let your partisan-hackery take over.

You must not have heard him speak...

He's a more evangelical version of Perry (which is terrifying).

I have heard him speak many times and I have even watched him at two town hall meetings this weekend. No, neither Perry nor Santorum are terrifying. Obama is much closer to that than these two fine gentlemen.

No, YourStar made a valid point and you let your partisan-hackery take over.

LOL! You don't get to decide that. You may need to stick to your hyperbolic hysteria. It seems to suit you well.

Rick Santorum:
100% Pro-Gun

Would repeal and replace ObamaCare with Patient-Centered Healthcare

Would cut spending & Taxes

Strong on Iran, and would stand strong with Isreal

100% Pro-Life

A strong believer in American Exceptionalism

Barack Obama:

Anti-Gun

Socalist healthcare

Only cuts Taxes when his poll numbers are low, but has raised Taxes otherwise

Doesn't care about Iran much, unless he wants to get reelected

100% Anti-Life, it's in ObamaCare

And hates American Exceptionalism

I go for Santorum!

Last edited:
I have heard him speak many times and I have even watched him at two town hall meetings this weekend. No, neither Perry nor Santorum are terrifying. Obama is much closer to that than these two fine gentlemen.

Yes they are. How is Obama scarier than Santorum? Again, wanting to bypass the Constitution so that he may legislate morality is idiotic.

Wow!!! A libertarian that would vote for a 3rd party! Now that is a novel approach. Pfffft!
Woah a conservative who will blindly support yet another sub-par phony "small government" candidate. Shocking to say the least

As have I, and I used to think he had no chance of winning at all, but now I'm starting to have some hope. Not Obama hope!

LOL! You don't get to decide that. You may need to stick to your hyperbolic hysteria. It seems to suit you well.

I don't get to decide what?

Woah a conservative who will blindly support yet another sub-par phony "small government" candidate. Shocking to say the least

Democrats did the same thing in 2008 only they dressed it up, pictured it as the messiah, called it hope and change - but it was the same sub-par phoney candidate. IF Santorum did the same thing as Obama with one difference... cut the government by 20% across the board, he'd get my vote and a re-election vote.

Rick Santorum:
100% Pro-Gun

Would repeal and replace ObamaCare with Patient-Centered Healthcare

Would cut spending & Taxes

Strong on Iran, and would stand strong with Isreal

100% Pro-Life

A strong believer in American Exceptionalism

Barack Obama:

Anti-Gun

Socalist healthcare

Only cuts Taxes when his poll numbers are low, but has raised Taxes otherwise

Doesn't care about Iran much, unless he wants to get reelected

100% Anti-Life, it's in ObamaCare

And hates American Exceptionalism

I go for Santorum!

Santorum:

He's going to cut spending yet plans to bomb and "be strong" on Iran, do you realize you just contradicted yourself?

He's going to cut taxes in a time when we need money to start paying off this debt, great. :roll:

Why stand with Israel?

American Exceptionalism, eh?
http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/10/11/the_myth_of_american_exceptionalism

Obama:

Anti-gun how?
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/sep/23/national-rifle-association/yes-and-outlaw-apple-pie-as-well/

"Socalist healthcare?" His health care system is based off the one in Southern California?

Anti-Life? Please cite sources that Obama is "anti-life."

Obama is quoted as saying: "I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism." Being a realist doesn't mean he hates American Exceptionalism.

Last edited:
I'm registered as a Republican. I'm going to vote in the Republican primary, and I'm hoping to vote for the Republican nominee in the general election. I don't line up really well with the GOP on several issues, but right now I think they represent this country's only hope of a positive recovery from our current economic problems.

But if they nominate Santorum, I swear on the blood of my ancestors I'll vote to re-elect President Obama.

Exactly.........

He's going to cut spending yet plans to bomb Iran, do you realize you just contradicted yourself? He's going to cut taxes in a time when we need more money, great. :roll:

You don't understand how bad Iran is, do you?

You don't understand how bad Iran is, do you?

That is up to the people of Iran to decide don't you think?

And I'm more than willing to help them but I don;t think a war will accomplish much.

Back
Top Bottom