• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ryan Lochte lied about robbery, Brazilian police official says

Looks like Brazil wants a payout, like Iran got.

Looks like Brazil wants a payout, like Iran got.
Uh... no.

Looks like someone made up a huge whopper of a lie and hung his buddies out to dry. His buddies don't seem to be too happy about it, either, and are now throwing him under the bus.

Knowledge is your friend. No need to fear it.

There's just too much circumstantial evidence stacking up so that day by day their story of a robbery becomes less believable. Changing stories, conflicting stories, the fact that they didn't report the robbery to the police. Now there is presumably a video showing them breaking down the door of a gas station and doing other damage after which they all forked over cash to pay for the damages to keep from being arrested and memory gaps because they had all been drinking. They checked back through security at the nightclub after the robbery with no evidence that they were upset at the time and the video shows them producing watches, wallets etc. that would not likely be the case immediately after a robbery.

Now admittedly as one who has little trust in the media to get a story straight--especially one with tabloid celebrity appeal--I have to consider that some of this could be hyperbole or misrepresented or made up out of whole cloth. But it doesn't look good for these guys. It strongly suggests they made up the story to cover their tracks re something else.

Uh... no.

Looks like someone made up a huge whopper of a lie and hung his buddies out to dry. His buddies don't seem to be too happy about it, either, and are now throwing him under the bus.

Knowledge is your friend. No need to fear it.

Sure, they admitted. They want to go home...lol

There's a press conference coming up so they can share the details. I saw the video clips of Lochte and the others that night. It's pretty damning. And very clear that Lochte lied. What a disgrace.

I don't understand why the four of them would be out in a taxi, drunk, in a country that is known for violence.

Seems like bad judgement all the way around.

Sure, they admitted. They want to go home...lol

Yes I am sure admitting to a crime that can land them in jail for 3 years each was a good move so they could go home.

I don't understand why the four of them would be out in a taxi, drunk, in a country that is known for violence.

Seems like bad judgement all the way around.

Did you see the clips of the gas station? It looks scary as hell.

Lochte is back in the USA and the other 3 are back in Rio getting their asses grilled. This is just.....bad.

Yes I am sure admitting to a crime that can land them in jail for 3 years each was a good move so they could go home.

They're admitting it wasn't them, but the other guy...the guy that's safely back in The United States.

They're admitting it wasn't them, but the other guy...the guy that's safely back in The United States.

But it was Lochte and one of the guys still in Rio that made the police report, so they cannot say it was all the other guy.

There's a press conference coming up so they can share the details. I saw the video clips of Lochte and the others that night. It's pretty damning. And very clear that Lochte lied. What a disgrace.

Yep. I don't know why they chose to do something as stupid as this, and then lie about it later.

It wasn't worth it. This is going to be a giant black eye on Lochte's career.

Yep. I don't know why they chose to do something as stupid as this, and then lie about it later.

It wasn't worth it. This is going to be a giant black eye on Lochte's career.

And the US swim team in general.

But it was Lochte and one of the guys still in Rio that made the police report, so they cannot say it was all the other guy.

They can cut a deal and blame it all on Lochte

He's old his career is over. He's made a few million. He will be OK

The other two not so much

They can cut a deal and blame it all on Lochte

I am not sure Brazil is looking for a deal.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

We'll send you with $20 and a one wY ticket.

That's just shows how valuable I am. Good job ****ing that smartass post up...lol

Back
Top Bottom