• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal

Lung cancer is devastating....

Rush is a pioneer in conservative radio. When he started there were not many outlets with that format.
Rush started The Rush Limbaugh Show August 1, 1988. With about 50 radio stations.
Today stations number near 600 coast to coast. His audience number close to 20 million each week.

The Rush Limbaugh Show Theme Song - My City Was Gone

"It's tough to realize that the days where I do not think I'm under a death sentence are over," Limbaugh said. "Now, we all are, is the point. We all know that we're going to die at some point, but when you have a terminal disease diagnosis that has a time frame to it, then that puts a different psychological and even physical awareness to it."

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/media/rush-limbaugh-cancer-update-trnd/index.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will his terminal diagnosis result in a deathbed conversion? Disavow all the lies he has told, as a precursor to Qanon? Tell us that death is not as fun as Covid boosters portray? Suggest that we all just GET ALONG? Will Rush revert more to his rock and roll persona, or continue to fashion hatreds into weapons? Will Trump seek to have him laid in state in the capital?

NOTHING this man has done, other than obfuscate and lie, will be told in history books. Rush is the secular Father Coughlin. The original divider. Maybe God will clear out the liberals, so as to make it cozy for such a partisan liar.

Didn't we already know this when he got the medal of whatever?

Awful news, thoughts are with his family and friends, I would not wish this on anyone.

(For those already in the thread taking this sideways, I'll say now my personal opinion on Rush is irrelevant to this discussion.)

I believe in deterrance. and the best thing to deter selfish as*** from acting with lack of empathy for others is the knowledge that if or when they will be in a weak position, they will not get any sympathy from the rest. It may not convince all as***s out there to modify their behavior when life is good to them but it may convince some to be more sympathetic to others.

I have had right wingers tell me that when I die, that will make America great again. They were referring to my TRUTHFUL OPs. So, that filthy liar should not get better treatment than me. I have heart failure, and they wanted me to die of it, NOW. Several, so get off your high pony.
Right wingers on this forum said that?

Yep!

I wonder how many here have cheered (and support in principle) the death sentence of a criminal.

certainly it is fair to consider this person a criminal... a rather evil criminal at that

Having lost my mother to cancer and a bad heart, I do hope as a human being that Limbaugh goes to his death with as little pain as possible.

But I'm not going to shed a tear because of what he did to America. He had a talent that he could have done a lot of good with...and chose not to as he chose money over purpose.

There are times when I wonder if people like Limbaugh and McConnell are really closet atheists...it's almost the only way to explain their actions. Because if they actually believed in God, they should be fearing his judgement, but clearly they don't...are they really that delusional?

"It's tough to realize that the days where I do not think I'm under a death sentence are over," Limbaugh said. "Now, we all are, is the point. We all know that we're going to die at some point, but when you have a terminal disease diagnosis that has a time frame to it, then that puts a different psychological and even physical awareness to it."

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/media/rush-limbaugh-cancer-update-trnd/index.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will his terminal diagnosis result in a deathbed conversion? Disavow all the lies he has told, as a precursor to Qanon? Tell us that death is not as fun as Covid boosters portray? Suggest that we all just GET ALONG? Will Rush revert more to his rock and roll persona, or continue to fashion hatreds into weapons? Will Trump seek to have him laid in state in the capital?

NOTHING this man has done, other than obfuscate and lie, will be told in history books. Rush is the secular Father Coughlin. The original divider. Maybe God will clear out the liberals, so as to make it cozy for such a partisan liar.
I hope his illness will humble him and make him a better person.

Right wingers on this forum said that?

No at political forum and disscussionist. I did have a right wingers here say that Ginsburg was an evil hag that should have been dead far sooner.

Cancer is horrible.

It gives you time to wrap up your affairs and make peace with people, and say I love you several last times. Strokes and heart attacks often not so generious.

He was the conservative Jesus of the 21st century. Go ahead and celebrate his pending death. His ideas will live forever.
Hence why cons today are so ****ed up.

Yes, good point.
Not how I want to go out, but; it’s not really up to me.
Responding to Drawdowns post.

It gives you time to wrap up your affairs and make peace with people, and say I love you several last times. Strokes and heart attacks often not so generious.

Sounds like you have not lost a loved person to cancer.

He was the conservative Jesus of the 21st century. Go ahead and celebrate his pending death. His ideas will live forever.

He was the CON who lead the GOP off the cliff. A cigar smoking, pill popping pied piper. He made rabid right hypocrisy fashionable to his base. When Morton Downy jr got caught with drugs Rush screamed lock him up! Then Rush gets caught, he dives into rehab to avoid a sentence. His followers first ranting about elites avoiding consequences, then heaped praise on Rush for getting help... :rolleyes:

Geee, who would have thought smoking cigars would cause cancer???? What climate change??? Masks don't work.... the depths of the ignorance he made the new normal for what was once smart GOP....

FYI he had no new ideas. He repackaged the same tired crap right wing ideologs. Some new rabid right ranter will slide into his still warm seat and in 5 years he will be a sad footnote for reactionaries- like Father Coughlin... ✌

I'm sorry to hear this news. Cancer is shit. It seems like this year can't get enough death.
Nice to see a little humanity in at least one liberal poster.

He was the CON who lead the GOP off the cliff. A cigar smoking, pill popping pied piper. He made rabid right hypocrisy fashionable to his base. When Morton Downy jr got caught with drugs Rush screamed lock him up! Then Rush gets caught, he dives into rehab to avoid a sentence. His followers first ranting about elites avoiding consequences, then heaped praise on Rush for getting help... :rolleyes:

Geee, who would have thought smoking cigars would cause cancer???? What climate change??? Masks don't work.... the depths of the ignorance he made the new normal for what was once smart GOP....

FYI he had no new ideas. He repackaged the same tired crap right wing ideologs. Some new rabid right ranter will slide into his still warm seat and in 5 years he will be a sad footnote for reactionaries- like Father Coughlin... ✌

Yep!

The people of "personal responsibilty" suddenly feel sympathy for a smoker who developed cancer after smoking and tomorrow will support the deterioration of the safety net for the "irresponsible" poor and their children to pay for the huge increase of deficits.

Sounds like you have not lost a loved person to cancer.

Sure I have. It gave them time to wrap up their affairs and make peace with people, and say I love you several last times. People I lost otherways, not so much.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, hope he suffers.

It serves you right to suffer
It serves you right to be alone
It serves you right to suffer
It serves you right to be alone
Because you're still livin'
The day done packed and gone

John Lee Hooker...

Positive thoughts going to his family. Cancer is a horrible disease. Also, I do wonder if he's changed his opinion on smoking and lung cancer..

Back
Top Bottom