• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rush Limbaugh says his lung cancer is terminal

Guyzilla

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
"It's tough to realize that the days where I do not think I'm under a death sentence are over," Limbaugh said. "Now, we all are, is the point. We all know that we're going to die at some point, but when you have a terminal disease diagnosis that has a time frame to it, then that puts a different psychological and even physical awareness to it."

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/media/rush-limbaugh-cancer-update-trnd/index.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will his terminal diagnosis result in a deathbed conversion? Disavow all the lies he has told, as a precursor to Qanon? Tell us that death is not as fun as Covid boosters portray? Suggest that we all just GET ALONG? Will Rush revert more to his rock and roll persona, or continue to fashion hatreds into weapons? Will Trump seek to have him laid in state in the capital?

NOTHING this man has done, other than obfuscate and lie, will be told in history books. Rush is the secular Father Coughlin. The original divider. Maybe God will clear out the liberals, so as to make it cozy for such a partisan liar.

Rush was out of work, his radio talk show failed spectacularly and the station fired him. His mortgage payment was due.

He watched a lot of World Wide Wrestling, which was hugely popular at the time. He studied it, trying to figure out its secrets.

He came up with a new talk show. Like wrestling, he'd have good guys and bad guys. But not with wrestlers, with politicians.

He made millions of dollars.

He divided the country.

That man isn't going to change. Don't even entertain the idea. He'll die believing what he did was right.

I don't care for the man personally. I think he has been a terrible influence on American culture and democracy, but I do admire anyone that makes a good living out of something they are passionate about.

That all said, It grieves me to hear of someone with terminal cancer. Although rarely is 69 ever considered young, it is rather young when you are looking at the end of life.

Godspeed Rush. May your remaining days be your best days with friends and family. Be certain to leave them with warm memories that they will carry the rest of their days.

I'm sorry to hear this news. Cancer is shit. It seems like this year can't get enough death.
It is unfortunate. I used to listen to Limbaugh all the time in the late 90's early 2000's. Cancer is horrible, its sad that Rush has it and that it's terminal. I wish him the best happiness he can have with the time he has left.

It is unfortunate. I used to listen to Limbaugh all the time in the late 90's early 2000's. Cancer is horrible, its sad that Rush has it and that it's terminal. I wish him the best happiness he can have with the time he has left.

Same. I listened when I could during the same time frame. I felt bad for him when he lost his hearing, as well.

I use to listen to Rush. Have not in quite a while. Wish him the best.

Same. I listened when I could during the same time frame. I felt bad for him when he lost his hearing, as well.
Yeah, I think that no matter where your politics lie, one shouldn't want another human to suffer. And I do credit Limbaugh for my interest in politics, even though I left the Republican Party behind when it left me behind. You know, he found a market and developed a caricature and sold political entertainment and did really well at it. Is he the source of the divide? I don't think so, I think that perhaps in the end he exploited the divide for his ratings, but We the People are ultimately responsible for everything in the Republic. And the divide exists because enough of us bought into it and perpetuate it.

Rush was successful in the end, made a lot of money, kudos to him for that. No one deserves cancer and I find this to be sad news indeed. Godspeed Rush.

Rush was out of work, his radio talk show failed spectacularly and the station fired him. His mortgage payment was due.

He watched a lot of World Wide Wrestling, which was hugely popular at the time. He studied it, trying to figure out its secrets.

He came up with a new talk show. Like wrestling, he'd have good guys and bad guys. But not with wrestlers, with politicians.

He made millions of dollars.

He divided the country.

I wouldn’t have described it that way.

Limbaugh’s brand of reactionary right wing political talk and Archie Bunkerism was not a new thing on radio when he came along.

Nearly every major media market had a call in show like that. It was usually in the evening or late at night. A place for kooks and insomniacs to gather virtually.

When I was growing up, the guy’s name was Wes Kinsolving. He is still kicking around in GOP circles in Washington, although he must be ancient.

These talk shows generated loyal (if not large) audiences.

Limbaugh came at a convergence of two trends. The Reagan Administration has ended the Fairness Doctrine. Which broadcasters took to mean that they could put any content on they wanted without fear of having to give air to another side in a political debate.

The other was the death of AM radio. FM had taken all the ratings and the advertisers. And AM stations were looking for a savior.

"It's tough to realize that the days where I do not think I'm under a death sentence are over," Limbaugh said. "Now, we all are, is the point. We all know that we're going to die at some point, but when you have a terminal disease diagnosis that has a time frame to it, then that puts a different psychological and even physical awareness to it."

Read more: https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/20/media/rush-limbaugh-cancer-update-trnd/index.html
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will his terminal diagnosis result in a deathbed conversion? Disavow all the lies he has told, as a precursor to Qanon? Tell us that death is not as fun as Covid boosters portray? Suggest that we all just GET ALONG? Will Rush revert more to his rock and roll persona, or continue to fashion hatreds into weapons? Will Trump seek to have him laid in state in the capital?

NOTHING this man has done, other than obfuscate and lie, will be told in history books. Rush is the secular Father Coughlin. The original divider. Maybe God will clear out the liberals, so as to make it cozy for such a partisan liar.

It takes a despicable piece of garbage to attack a man with a death sentence. You resemble one.

It takes a despicable piece of garbage to attack a man with a death sentence. You resemble one.
I have had right wingers tell me that when I die, that will make America great again. They were referring to my TRUTHFUL OPs. So, that filthy liar should not get better treatment than me. I have heart failure, and they wanted me to die of it, NOW. Several, so get off your high pony.

Well, I don’t wish the man ill in the end. It’s all unfortunate.

But history will not be kind to Rush Limbaugh, and his imitators.

He will enter the annals of history, remembered as yet another noisy demogogue. Which is all he ever was.

Three quarters of the people who listened to him won’t admit that they ever did five years from now.

But, among a small and aging minority, he will still be a god.

Rush Limbaugh is one of the worst things to ever happen to this country. He and Nuke Gingrich facilitated the Republicans' transition from a mostly sane, center-right party into a cesspool of fascism.

I will have as much sympathy for his death as for that of a cockroach. :)

Limbaugh? Poor man.

He made a pile of money & achieved fame.

Was it worth it?

The fact that an asshole gets a terminal diagnosis doesn't cure his assholiness. And Limbaugh is an asshole. Until he apologizes.

Rush Limbaugh, like Lee Atwater, is a toxic moron who unapologetically poisoned American politics with his tribal propaganda. It would be disingenuous of me to not say "**** him" today if I felt that way yesterday. All that has changed is that he knows he won't be around long. Good.

You should check out Reddit right now. They're even worse in an echo chamber. Hundreds of absolute ****ing scumbags celebrating his tragedy.

That man isn't going to change. Don't even entertain the idea. He'll die believing what he did was right.
He was the conservative Jesus of the 21st century. Go ahead and celebrate his pending death. His ideas will live forever.

He was the conservative Jesus of the 21st century. Go ahead and celebrate his pending death. His ideas will live forever.

Limbaugh’s only idea was peddling Archie Bunkerism on a national call in show. He found lots of little Archie Bunkers out there to entertain.

He has never had any real principals other than that.

And his ideas won’t last much longer than he will.

He’ll be remembered. In the same breath as Father Coughlin, Joe McCarthy and Walther Winchell.

Back
Top Bottom