• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Run-off vote for new slogan

Please help us select a new slogan [run-off] vote

• Debate Politics - Political bias optional, civility a must

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Debate Politics - Where the Einstein of intelligence meets the Tammy Faye Baker of emotion

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Debate Politics - Simply the best in Politcal Discussion

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Debate Politics - An Arena of Ideas

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Debate Politics - Don't let facts get in the way of a good discusion

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, the winning slogan is certainly better than some of the original options. I don't think it's 'low brow'. I think it will put off some serious debaters, but probably not all, and it may be attractive to the younger set. You never know what the public is likely to buy these days.

vauge said:
I simply like the way you think. :)

Awww... <blush>:3oops:</blush>

ThankQ :smile:

AlbqOwl said:
Well, the winning slogan is certainly better than some of the original options. I don't think it's 'low brow'. I think it will put off some serious debaters, but probably not all, and it may be attractive to the younger set. You never know what the public is likely to buy these days.

I can vouch for the younger set in saying that I have no idea who Tammy Faye Baker is.

Is she the next Supreme Court Justice?:lol:

RightatNYU said:
I can vouch for the younger set in saying that I have no idea who Tammy Faye Baker is.

Is she the next Supreme Court Justice?:lol:

Yes that's another problem with the winning slogan--it is a clever analogy and could be used effectively as a thread starter or in other ways.

But as the flag slogan for the site, it is not a particularly good marketing strategy. Too many under 40 are not familiar with Tammy Faye, so the slogan doesn't really compute with them. Then those who are old enough to remember Tammy Faye are likely to see the slogan as frivolous and pass it by as another unserious site or one of a hundred sites for kids to exchange insults. If you want a really good site with serious debaters, you need a hook specifically for them. There are so few really good sites, there is a huge market out there too.

This of course is just my opinion though I do have some skills in advertising and promotion. I also have a daughter-in-law with a brand new marketing degree and I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once.

AlbqOwl said:
I also have a daughter-in-law with a brand new marketing degree and I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once.
:rofl :rofl :rofl

The best we can do is get cnredd to admit that he is a winner inside and let us change it.
Still want to create the slogan rotation system; I think that would be great.

vauge said:
:rofl :rofl :rofl

The best we can do is get cnredd to admit that he is a winner inside and let us change it.
Still want to create the slogan rotation system; I think that would be great.
As the v-man has already seen though a personal message, I was only busting his chops when I publicly held him to his "the winner will be final" comment...

Don't look at me to have a problem...change it up!:2wave:

Right back atcha is all that was! :mrgreen:

I went back and looked at the stats for new registrations since the slogan change.
We were indeed dropping. Only slightly though.

I updated the header pic to include the first slogan on this list. "Political bias optional, Civility a must!" Hard refresh to see it - if it looks good and no complaints will force a refresh to everyone behind the scenes. I would still like to rotate a few of these eventually.

I like the new slogan a lot. It may discourage some rabble rousers, but you don't want those anyway. I think it will encourage serious message board debaters to stop in at least for a look. I know I have stayed here because a) you have some neat members in this forum on various sides of the political spectrum, and b) it gets very very high marks for civility which makes it unique for this kind of site on the internet. Thus the slogan is apt.

Back
Top Bottom