• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rudy Giuliani Sued by Dominion Voting Systems Over False Election Claims

cannot be pardoned from a civil law suit, so it would not have helped. I think Trump was afraid to then Rudy has no reason not to talk
You make a good point.....although I still think that Rudy thought he would get a pardon and that's why he was so free with his lies and accusations about the election. I think he was thinking criminal actions given his background as a prosecutor. In an interview just lately Rudy, dumbly said he was more worried about his criminal life than his civil life. I'll try and find it.....

Rudy Giuliani putting his trust in Donald Trump.

Is there anything more friggin stupid?

A company is not automatically treated as a public figure though. In this case, I think it can easily be argued that few people even knew of the company prior to the accusations being made against them. Now, due to the accusations, the public knows the name, but that fame/infamy is almost exclusively due to the accusations being made, not prior events or advertising even.

It's not like Dominion had commercials on your home TV or ads in print media. Their 'market' is rather specific and not one most of us are engaged with. Like, who needs a voting machine in their house?

It's not like Dominion had commercials on your home TV or ads in print media. Their 'market' is rather specific and not one most of us are engaged with. Like, who needs a voting machine in their house?
But that would be true for most services and even many people. The judgement on what is a public figure is not limited to people, but also to companies. Whether they are a specific market or not doesn't change that they still were not a known figure until after the accusations were made against them.

Just as it would be hard to say that Melissa Carone was a public figure before she came out for this. Now, her name is known all over. However, had her boyfriend's ex-wife in June 2020 and claimed she was doing something illegal/abusive to her children prior to her coming out for this, even if in retaliation for what she did, that ex wife could have still been sued for libel with the conditions of her being a private/not public figure then, even though now she is known and would fit the limited/temporary public figure status.

The same for Four Seasons Garden and Landscaping. If there was someone who claimed in January 2020 that the company was hiring illegal workers or had an adult filming company within their walls, they could have sued the person for libel at the level of a private or not public figure. However, they now would likely hold a limited public figure status.

I think poor ole' Rudy thought that his pal Donnie would pardon him before leaving office.......poor Rudy the ultimate throw under the bus!

Rudy definitely miscalculated any loyalty Trumpie would display for others who supported him.

Trump would crawl over three naked whores to screw his own mother.

Back
Top Bottom