• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rubio: Mattis resignation shows US headed toward ‘grave policy errors’

More likely, he's posturing for a primary run.

The hope was that his last embarrassing attempt would prompt him to finally buckle down and learn things.

Maybe it did not happen.

Except the critics are from his OWN party, not the liberals... :doh

Republican'ts and generals are lined up to decry tRump's move...

Deflection, the go to of the tRump defenders... :peace

Did I say there was anything wrong with the criticism coming from his own party?

Ignorance, the go to for regressives.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...er-shows-us-headed-toward-grave-policy-errors

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) warned that Defense Secretary James Mattis’ resignation announcement suggests the White House is headed down a foreign policy path that could have “grave” consequences.

“Just read Gen. Mattis resignation letter. It makes it abundantly clear that we are headed towards a series of grave policy errors which will endanger our nation, damage our alliances & empower our adversaries,” Rubio tweeted, following the announcement that Mattis would retire in February.
====================================
Most key leaders see the folly of Trump's decision to exit Syria.

I have said many times on this forum that we should pull out of the wars that we are in. The US has been in some war or another for longer than I've been alive. And I'm edging out of middle age. So I approve of Trump pulling out of Syria. And any other war that we are currently in...be it a de facto war or congressional approved war. We should not be having to see videos like this:

And we especially should not have to see or deal with this:

War is not going to solve our problems, or the worlds problems.

Rubio must take Mattis as a God.

That is another mistake from him, on top of many.

Mattis was hailed as one of authority and competence when first chosen. What has changed?

So Little Marco is a leader now get real. Little Marco though not as bad as the McCain contingent has always been
a neo-con war monger. He was the last to admit that w's indulgence into Iraq was a bad idea. W's folly was the primary reason
for turning the entire Middle East into an inferno. It's always a bad idea to listen to the likes of Rubio when the discussion
is foreign affairs.

He is cautious, nothing more. He has a right to express his opinion. We should also wait and see who will replace Mattis.

You are right. Most people fear this decision because of the consequences of Obamas decision to abandon Iraq. A decision you supported. But since you support staying in Syria, what is the goal? What is the mission? When can we leave?

Why do you think leaving Syria is a good idea? Why should we stay or leave?

Until Rubio (or any other GOP coward) grows a set, no one cares what he says.

Trump is simply to arrogant to work for. Mattis out. Tillerson out. Sessions out. Flynn out. Etc, etc.... Trump knows more than all of them. He knows more than our military leaders. He knows more than the Scientists of his agencies. And he obviously knows more than his PR people - why else would he tweet around them. The circus is still in Washington...

Your personal messiah, Obama, fired Mattis in a dishonorable way. So why don't you sit on that?

I stopped listening toRubio a long time ago. He pretends to be a moderate. He pretends to be level headed. But at the end of the day , he marches in lockstep with the party line.

if Trump reverses course and keeps US troops in Syria, i support sending our nobility such as the Trump family and Rubio to the front lines to lead them as was the case for hundreds of years in Europe. this will result in neoconservative hawks going extinct and a prompt end to US involvement in regional wars.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...er-shows-us-headed-toward-grave-policy-errors

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) warned that Defense Secretary James Mattis’ resignation announcement suggests the White House is headed down a foreign policy path that could have “grave” consequences.

“Just read Gen. Mattis resignation letter. It makes it abundantly clear that we are headed towards a series of grave policy errors which will endanger our nation, damage our alliances & empower our adversaries,” Rubio tweeted, following the announcement that Mattis would retire in February.

I agree, Marco. So what do you plan to do about it?

A series of errors. Yep. The Republicans know there's more to come. Yet the Republican cowards in congress do nothing.

How is it an error to leave Syria? Or Afghanistan? Or the heart of Africa?

How is it an error to leave Syria? Or Afghanistan? Or the heart of Africa?

Rubio said it, I didn't.

But he's in DC and saying there's more errors to come. All I'm saying is if he and other Republicans believe that then they got to grow a set of balls and do something, instead of be cowards and letting Trump run the country via Fox News.

We'll see.

if Trump reverses course and keeps US troops in Syria, i support sending our nobility such as the Trump family and Rubio to the front lines to lead them as was the case for hundreds of years in Europe. this will result in neoconservative hawks going extinct and a prompt end to US involvement in regional wars.

One of the outcomes of Vietnam was the all-volunteer army. Once the general population no longer had a vested interest in limiting conflict it became much easier to initiate.

Re-institute the draft with no possible deferments except major medical, and we will be conflict free in a heartbeat.

It might help to cap the age limit at 60. You don't have to walk fast to clear a minefield.

Mattis was hailed as one of authority and competence when first chosen. What has changed?

Apparently he is a God now that he does not agree with Trump, whatever Mattis says must be true.

One of the outcomes of Vietnam was the all-volunteer army. Once the general population no longer had a vested interest in limiting conflict it became much easier to initiate.

Re-institute the draft with no possible deferments except major medical, and we will be conflict free in a heartbeat.

It might help to cap the age limit at 60. You don't have to walk fast to clear a minefield.

i don't support reinstating the draft. i do, however, support requiring those who authorize the wars to lead the troops into battle like the nobility of old. i don't like the idea of putting horses at risk, so i would recommend having the executive and legislative nobility lead the troops into battle on dirt bikes, which i consider to be the modern equivalent of horses.

What is the problem and in what way is the US 'burning?' There are a lot of liberals running around with their hair on fire, perhaps that is what you are talking about, but America itself is just fine..

giphy.gif

And the Republicans on DP are still denying to the death that there is even a problem. :lol: The Republicans are fiddling while the US burns.

I find a nice tall and cool glass of Kool-Aid to be an excellent cure for the cultist. If the Kool-Aid is made just right, the cultist will realize pretty quickly that (s)he has been duped by the cult leader.

Cheers!

KoolAid1.jpg

I find a nice tall and cool glass of Kool-Aid to be an excellent cure for the cultist. If the Kool-Aid is made just right, the cultist will realize pretty quickly that (s)he has been duped by the cult leader.

Cheers!

View attachment 67246445

:lol: :lol:

Rubio and that guy from S.Carolina who talks so much are showing themselves to be incompetent.

Rubio and that guy from S.Carolina who talks so much are showing themselves to be incompetent.
Not just now showing themselves; they both lost. Trump is doing what he said he would do. Rare in Washington.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Weren’t y’all the same ones saying Trump was gonna push the button, he was gonna start a war. But now he’s bringing our troops home and y’all are still crying, so no matter which way Trump moves y’all are still gonna cry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weren’t y’all the same ones saying Trump was gonna push the button, he was gonna start a war. But now he’s bringing our troops home and y’all are still crying, so no matter which way Trump moves y’all are still gonna cry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he did drop the Mother of All Bombs in the Afghani countryside, and bragged about it, so there's that....

The military - industrial complex is certainly concerned, that's for sure. War, and the Defense Department that fights them takes up 22% of the federal budget. The wars will just have to be fought without Mattis. He was a chief of staff and had nothing to do with the military. His strengths were organizational, and that was needed. But the policy differences are over the US pulling out of Syria.

What do we have to gain by staying there? Syria only exists on the map because it has a Russian port and we don't want Russia from preventing Qatar from becoming an alternative for the European energy-market.

So we are in Syria to protect Europe. Maybe Europe should protect Europe.

Back
Top Bottom