• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rounding the corner in the oval office.

It is a political necessity as a Republican to say you want to end Obamacare. But if you have 1/5 of your constituents enjoying healthcare now under Medicare Expansion, do you really want to eliminate that? Maybe. But politically impossible for you if you’re in a competitive seat. No one, left or right, believes the ACA is perfect. It would be much better if the Republicans had allowed various fixes to be put in place these last six or so year, rather than simply do everything possible to help it fail.

The Healthcare/health insurance problems did not suddenly pop up during the Obama administration. They had been festering for a long time. There were lots of promises to fix them, but nothing ever happened. There were the occasional attempts at fixing part of the problem, with promises that the rest would be fixed later … but that never worked. The strength of what was to be called Obamacare was that it was the first time that the government attempted to fix all the problems at once. That is why it was massive…it was intended to BE massive. In order to fix the massive problems with healthcare, and not create loopholes in the process, the whole system needed to be revised.

Republicans can’t politically support socialized medicine, but they can’t continue to support healthcare for profit AND the right to healthcare for all. They are TRYING to go back to the old method of “let’s fix something little and promise a better fix later.” It didn’t work before Obamacare, and it isn’t going to work now. People know that no politician can promise anything beyond the life of the current congressional session. That’s why Obamacare worked -- it was done massively and quickly - AND it actually helped millions of people. In every case, individual insurance will get more expensive, harder to find, and more complicated than it would if we had a system that our leaders were invested in and working to improve.
The "Medicare Expansion" (I'm thinking you meant to say "Medicaid Expansion".) didn't need the massive Obamacare crap to be enacted. And it doesn't have to go away if Obamacare is dumped. Just like Pre-existing conditions can be dealt with without Obamacare.

I am not a Republican. You need to understand this. And my refusal to join a herd has no relevance to why I want Obamacare to end. It's a massive government take-over of an entire industry and should never have happened.

But you need to understand...the Republicans don't want to end Obamacare, either. Just like the Congressional Dems, the Congressional Republican's donors and lobbyists won't let them end Obamacare. Since the Republican Senate torpedoed the attempt to end Obamacare, everything to get rid of that mess has been done by the Trump administration.

In the past 9 months since the outbreak of Covid I have traveled quite a bit in my state and outside may state. I wear a mask when a business or resturant says I must to enter. Plenty of businesses don't require it and all restaurants allow me to remove it as soon as I get an appetizer or as little as a glass of water. I haven't encountered but one person who was seriously worried about masks wearing in a meeting I was in of bout 20-25 people. Resturaunts are doing all they can to stay open and don't seem to be very concerned about us eating without a mask on. The Hoax is only real in that yes their is a virus going around. The mortality rate in the U.S is far better than most countries and the medial and the left will not share that with you. America is doing farm better than Europe and the Americas.. The scare tatics are shameful in an attempt to win the election becaue the democrat policies will ruin this nation. Taxes and fees are going up, up, up until you can't live as you do today. Regulations are going to cut into your freedoms, your jobs, your paychecks.

That Johns Hopkins chart is one people should take a long, hard look at before freaking out. It notes our death/case rate as being SIGNIFICANTLY lower than countries such as Canada, France, Australia and the UK.

Doctors and hospitals are catagorizing as many deaths as possible as Covid because they get a larger sum from the government for a Covid death. That is just fact.

Nope, that's right wing propaganda. By and large, they are not going to commit crimes and risk losing Medicare contracts for it. It would be the same as accusing them of committing the same crimes for other reasons.

So you believe Doctors across the country are engaging in fraud, which if discovered, could lead to at least a loss of medical license AND loss of Medicare contract for the hospitals if they work for one?
I've read that some Doctors have lost their license for not labeling Covid when the deceased wasn't even tested. I know, I know - don't have a source at my fingertips.

And you ALSO do not believe on excess death statistics that in fact suggest we are underreporting number of deaths. Heck, even, including Trump's CDC:
Excess deaths could be correlated to fear of seeking medical attention during the pandemic AND services that were taken offline that could have saved lives.

I've read that some Doctors have lost their license for not labeling Covid when the deceased wasn't even tested. I know, I know - don't have a source at my fingertips.

Does not mean much without knowing context. Perhaps there was enough of a reason to believe COVID was the cause and tests were not available?

Doctors in my area were not testing dead people for COVID for the longest time... especially when tests are not available and have to be reserved for the still alive people.

Excess deaths could be correlated to fear of seeking medical attention during the pandemic AND services that were taken offline that could have saved lives.

Could be... except it's not. Did you see their conclusions - they explicitly said at least 2/3 of deaths are in fact due to covid.

Does not mean much without knowing context. Perhaps there was enough of a reason to believe COVID was the cause and tests were not available?

Doctors in my area were not testing dead people for COVID for the longest time... especially when tests are not available and have to be reserved for the still alive people.

Could be... except it's not. Did you see their conclusions - they explicitly said at least 2/3 of deaths are in fact due to covid.
Were they taking in heart attack and stroke patients? Out here there was a period where if you called 911 because you were having a heart attack they told you that was just too bad because the emergency room was restricted for COVID patients only.

Let me explain something to you. There will be no reliable COVID vaccine at any point in the near future. The virus is a version of the common cold virus and we haven't been able to kill that off so we are HIGHLY unlikely to kill this one off. Because of that we need to figure out how to live with this virus instead of how to hide from it.

As far as "rounding the corner" goes, we are getting a LOT closer to figuring out that the virus is nowhere near as deadly as we had originally been told. As far as "rounding the corner" goes, we have figured out a whole lot of ways to treat the symptoms the virus creates thus reducing the length of hospital stays. As far as "rounding the corner" goes we are figuring out how to get back to a normal life even while the virus continues to do what it does.

Some of you will NEVER choose to live a normal life again. Some of you will continue to live in fear and continue to blame everyone else for your choice (you'll call it a "need") to exclude yourselves from anything close to a normal life. Those of you that choose to live in fear do so of your own volition and have no right to impose rules intended to mitigate your concerns on the rest of us.
Am I understanding you correctly that wearing a mask is living in fear but not leaving your house without your gun is being prepared?

The "Medicare Expansion" (I'm thinking you meant to say "Medicaid Expansion".) didn't need the massive Obamacare crap to be enacted. And it doesn't have to go away if Obamacare is dumped. Just like Pre-existing conditions can be dealt with without Obamacare.

I am not a Republican. You need to understand this. And my refusal to join a herd has no relevance to why I want Obamacare to end. It's a massive government take-over of an entire industry and should never have happened.

But you need to understand...the Republicans don't want to end Obamacare, either. Just like the Congressional Dems, the Congressional Republican's donors and lobbyists won't let them end Obamacare. Since the Republican Senate torpedoed the attempt to end Obamacare, everything to get rid of that mess has been done by the Trump administration.
You may not be a registered republican but your attitude is 105% republican. I laugh every time you write that nonsense.

You may not be a registered republican but your attitude is 105% republican. I laugh every time you write that nonsense.
LOL!! That's what you focus on? Me?

You have no comment on the various points I made about Medicaid, Obamacare, government, Dems, Reps, etc?

Dude...it's a waste of time and effort to talk to you.

LOL!! That's what you focus on? Me?

You have no comment on the various points I made about Medicaid, Obamacare, government, Dems, Reps, etc?

Dude...it's a waste of time and effort to talk to you.
Nope, no comment. I got stuck on your I'm not a herd critter.

Am I understanding you correctly that wearing a mask is living in fear but not leaving your house without your gun is being prepared?
Wear a mask if you want to. Carry a gun if you want to. I don't care. What I do care about is telling people that they HAVE to do things one way or another.

Wear a mask if you want to. Carry a gun if you want to. I don't care. What I do care about is telling people that they HAVE to do things one way or another.
We are told all the time. Just driving a car look at all the rules you are supposed to follow. How many times does a child hear the word no before the age of three? Do you tell the taxman to go screw himself you're not paying property tax? Freedom is a state of mind and yours in my opinion is in the wrong place.

These rhetorical games are tiresome. Obamacare is the Medicaid expansion. Obamacare is the ban on pre-existing conditions. These are the contents of the Affordable Care Act. The Venn diagram between "Obamacare" and that stuff is a circle. "Obamacare" is simply a shorthand for these policies, it doesn't have some separate meaning apart from the policies that comprise it.

When Trump and the GOP are in court demanding that "Obamacare" be thrown out, those are the things they are trying to get struck down. Those things will absolutely disappear if Trump and the GOP succeed in destroying them. This is trivially, tautologically true.

These rhetorical games are tiresome. Obamacare is the Medicaid expansion. Obamacare is the ban on pre-existing conditions. These are the contents of the Affordable Care Act. The Venn diagram between "Obamacare" and that stuff is a circle. "Obamacare" is simply a shorthand for these policies, it doesn't have some separate meaning apart from the policies that comprise it.

When Trump and the GOP are in court demanding that "Obamacare" be thrown out, those are the things they are trying to get struck down. Those things will absolutely disappear if Trump and the GOP succeed in destroying them. This is trivially, tautologically true.
Obamacare was much more than Medicaid expansion...much more than pre-existing conditions. It was a mandate, it told insurance companies what they could sell and what they couldn't sell, it told American consumers what they could and could not buy, hell, it also told tanning salons how they had to operate their businesses. It also raised taxes. There is a lot of stupid...and outright bad...stuff in Obamacare.

Like I said, if all you want to do is expand Medicaid and forbid insurance companies from using pre-existing conditions, those didn't need Obamacare and they don't need to go away when Obamacare goes away.

Back
Top Bottom