• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rounding the corner in the oval office.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Over half a million new coronavirus cases in america last week. What corner is trump referring to when he says we're rounding the corner?

How willfully ignorant does one have to be in order to believe this man? How many have died because they believed the lies he has told since february?

Come november I hope trump rounds a corner and never comes back.

Over half a million new coronavirus cases in america last week. What corner is trump referring to when he says we're rounding the corner?

How willfully ignorant does one have to be in order to believe this man? How many have died because they believed the lies he has told since february?

Why does the number of new cases concern you? I'd be concerned by how many deaths...not how many get infected.

Maybe that's what he's referring to.

Give him a break... Who knew graphs could be complicated.

rounding_corner.jpg

Looks like the trumplings are like their Orange Fat Man, tired of talking about the Pandemic, if they ignore it it will just go away.

I'd be concerned by how many deaths...not how many get infected.
The overwhelming vast majority survive. It's virtually a nothing burger in comparison to other causes of death.

Oh wait ... wtf am I thinking?

Orange man bad.

This pandemic 'rounding the corner' is as close to the truth as the Oval Office having any corners.

The overwhelming vast majority survive. It's virtually a nothing burger in comparison to other causes of death.

Orange man bad.
Yeah right now it ONLY ranks as the third leading cause of death in america behind heart disease and cancer, a nothingburger. What are you thinking?

Orange man bad.
Well at least you got your last comment correct.
Tick, tick, tick, time is running out on trump and the Republicans.

Why does the number of new cases concern you? I'd be concerned by how many deaths...not how many get infected.

Deaths haven't been rounding the corner either. They're certainly not what they were at the height of the pandemic, but have been ebbing and flowing since then. We'll get a better sense as the weeks go by since fatalities are a lagging indicator. If the pattern we've seen in previous surges, spikes in infections lead to increases in fatalities.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 9.32.14 AM.png

Deaths haven't been rounding the corner either. They're certainly not what they were at the height of the pandemic, but have been ebbing and flowing since then. We'll get a better sense as the weeks go by since fatalities are a lagging indicator. If the pattern we've seen in previous surges, spikes in infections lead to increases in fatalities.

View attachment 67301394
Mycroft doesn't care, it's his way of changing the subject. Let's not talk about new cases let's talk about deaths. New cases leads to new deaths. Pretty simple no?

Orange man bad.

By nothing burger you mean it's only a 3rd leading cause of death, right? More deaths than the flu (contrary to Trump’s claims), and also surpasses stroke, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and everything else other than heart disease and cancer. (Note how it even exceeded cancer and heart diseases back in April and was THE leading cause of death there.)

Or do you mean that if ignored, it will overwhelm our hospitals and a lot more people that could have been treated and saved will be dying from OTHER causes?

Don't know about your area but our area ICUs are already full.

Last edited:
Mycroft doesn't care, it's his way of changing the subject. Let's not talk about new cases let's talk about deaths. New cases leads to new deaths. Pretty simple no?

That's been the trend, and I suspect we'll see more of the same this go around as well. Depending, of course, on the size of the spread. We do have the advantage of better treatments for COVID 19 than we had earlier on, but to still have 1k deaths a day in some cases shouldn't be acceptable.

Orange man bad.
You are being illogical. Sure, more people are surviving because the therapeutics and modules health care professionals are using now are much more effective in keeping people ill with Covid-19 from becoming sicker and having to be put on ventilators. A patient that's ventilated has a far greater chance of not surviving than one not being ventilated.

Additionally, despite the fact that we're seeing historic numbers of new cases, it would be far worse if 92% of the population that now wear facial masks were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing. However, the explosion of new cases, by the shear increasing numbers will result in many more deaths. Trump's rallies are super-spreaders, there's no doubt about it.

I want to know what the plans for sick Americans will be in Ohio, Indiana, Iowa or Montana when their hospitals are overwhelmed and can't take any new patients, or they're lacking the medical personnel required to tend to these covid-19 patients? Will people just have to die at home without treatment? This is precisely where we're heading right now.

Yeah right now it ONLY ranks as the third leading cause of death in america behind heart disease and cancer, a nothingburger. What are you thinking?
What is the Covid mortality definition?

Dying from
or
Dying with

Big difference. But, I'm not going to convince you otherwise.

What is the Covid mortality definition?

Dying from
or
Dying with

Big difference. But, I'm not going to convince you otherwise.
I'm not trying to marginalize over two hundred thousand dead americans from this nothingburger. What are you doing?

I'm not trying to marginalize over two hundred thousand dead americans from this nothingburger. What are you doing?
I should have kept my opinion to myself on this one. My bad. I know people are convinced otherwise and my thoughts will not change anyone's mind.

I believe a good majority of the listed deaths are falsely attributed to Covid. For instance, to claim an influenza death a test is required. To claim Covid, one can just assume it "contributed".

COVID-19 should be reported on the death certificate for all decedents where the disease caused or is assumed to have caused or contributed to death.

I should have kept my opinion to myself on this one. My bad. I know people are convinced otherwise and my thoughts will not change anyone's mind.

I believe a good majority of the listed deaths are falsely attributed to Covid. For instance, to claim an influenza death a test is required. To claim Covid, one can just assume it "contributed".

Is that supposed to be a nice way to say covid is no big thing? Beliefs, wonderful things, not necessarily true but nice.

Whole lotta nothing...

You see? This is Governor Gregg Abbott's doing. He has lead Texas like Trump has led this country, denial and refusing to lead. So now El Paso, which was already the hot spot in Texas for months, is in critical need. But imagine the situation in El Paso expanding to other cities in Texas and in other states? We don't need a crystal ball to imagine the unmeasurable loss of live and human toll this is going to take on this country. Hospitals can't handle this pandemic if we're all allowing it to get out of control as Trump is doing. They just don't have the resources including the medical personnel to deal with an dire situation such as El Paso is experiencing. So more will die, more businesses will close, the economy will tumble into a recession that will take us 10 years to crawl out of. Speaking of which, the Dow Jones is at -712.38 as I type.

The shit is real and going in the wrong direction and who's going to pay for all this? Us, the American people, not the billionaires and politicians, it's us.

View attachment 67301394
So...instead of getting my panties in a bunch...like so many here do...about "OMG!!! SO MANY GETTING INFECTED!!!" I suggest we all stay calm and wait till we see a surge in deaths. And if we DON'T see a surge in deaths while we see a surge in infected, then yeah...I'd say we have rounded the corner.

So, lifelong diseases that right wingers will dissallow, as they are pre existing conditions dont count? There are going to be far more tragic lives made miserable, than deaths.

So, lifelong diseases that right wingers will dissallow, as they are pre existing conditions dont count? There are going to be far more tragic lives made miserable, than deaths.
What are you babbling about? "pre existing conditions"???

Dude...focus.

Maybe it wasn't. :LOL: With Trump is sometime difficult to know what he means.

What are you babbling about? "pre existing conditions"???

Dude...focus.
heart, kidney, lung, etc disease, left over as proof you got the Trump virus, are called pre existing conditions.

So...instead of getting my panties in a bunch...like so many here do...about "OMG!!! SO MANY GETTING INFECTED!!!" I suggest we all stay calm and wait till we see a surge in deaths. And if we DON'T see a surge in deaths while we see a surge in infected, then yeah...I'd say we have rounded the corner.
Yes, lets all WAIt. That is how humans succeed. They wait till it gets too bad to intervene.

Back
Top Bottom