• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rough em' Up

I figured it out as soon as I read it. There is no question that Trump was saying that under his administration everyone is guilty until proven innocent by a court of law.

In practice the "everyone" means minorities.

Well, then it's easy to see what group you belong in.

Maybe youve forgotten that our justice system considers you innocent until proven guilty and a suspect being arrested, no matter the situation, is not yet guilty of a crime. Thus the state should not have authority to harm them more than neccessary to secure their person for trial.

Yes... EVEN FOR BROWN PEOPLE. I KNOW ITS A HARD TO ACCEPT.

Beyond the triggered, including the racists among them, who will believe anything that supports their limited view, rational and intellectually sound people understand and appreciate with the President was saying, and the context of which is was said.

Yep, by police leaders across the country moving quickly to distance themselves from Trump's statements, it appears they've been triggered as well. It's obvious you long for the days when suspects were taken into back alleys so that police officers could act as judge, jury, and executioner. I'm sure you long for the days when the police in the south turned their back on lynchings as well. I truly pity you and those like you.

Don't lie. It doesn't add anything to your argument. Don't accuse people of stuff you've made up, as it permanently erases whatever hope you had of being taken seriously.

Don't pity me, pity those who use lies and fantasy in an attempt to support their beliefs.

Don't lie. It doesn't add anything to your argument. Don't accuse people of stuff you've made up, as it permanently erases whatever hope you had of being taken seriously.

Don't pity me, pity those who use lies and fantasy in an attempt to support their beliefs.

You not taking me seriously doesn't bother me in the least.

Very uncalled for remarks and unbecoming of a president. He needs to apologize.

You sent a vid that didn't work and this one doesn't seem to have anything to do with the subject

Putting two and two together ain't your cup of tea is it you keep asking the video I keep giving you a video and how hard is that

Putting two and two together ain't your cup of tea is it you keep asking the video I keep giving you a video and how hard is that

It's easy. You don't have the relevant one.

Trumps remarks advocating police brutality were disgusting and beyond the pale. The man only confirms with each passing day that he is an authoritarian who has no respect for the rights of others and is a wanna-be dictator at heart.

I wonder if he would think the same if one of his family members get roughed up?

I imagine that I could control my temper and not go physically after the officers.

I would go after their mortgages and outstanding debts, collect them all, then demand payment. They would be on the door step before they knew what hit them.

Last edited:
Well, it's not fake news, but, the message he is giving is great!

The triggered here are trained to explode at every little nuance their "enemy" utters, so taking the lead from their leaders in the MSM, feigned outrage is the order of hour.

Rational and intellectually sound people understand and appreciate what the President was saying.

The Police officers present understand what the President was saying.

The triggered don't have a clue what the President was saying, and only respond in Pavlovian unity when the whistles are blown.

As noted elsewhere, when the head of state says that cops should get violent, that is a bad sign. It goes back to the 12th century, when Henry II wondered whether someone would rid him of a "troublesome priest," meaning Thomas Becket. The cops of the day killed Becket. Centuries later idiot sheriff Arpaio in Arizona cost his county millions by similar comments.

Words matter. Cops were the ones "triggered" by Trump's dumb musings and, being more law-abiding than the president, condemned his advice that they break the law by harming suspects, who under our system, are innocent until proven guilty.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say zero.

It also would be nice if you guys were less dense.

There already is much police violence. Google the statistics and comparisons with other democracies if you're interested which you probably aren't. Police departments have acknowledged the problem themselves. The goal should be to reverse existing patterns of and tendencies toward violence and this is what Trump trampled on.

As noted elsewhere, when the head of state says that cops should get violent, that is a bad sign. It goes back to the 12th century, when Henry II wondered whether someone would rid him of a "troublesome priest," meaning Thomas Becket. The cops of the day killed Becket. Centuries later idiot sheriff Arpaio in Arizona cost his county millions by similar comments.

Words matter. Cops were the ones "triggered" by Trump's dumb musings and, being more law-abiding than the president, condemned his advice that they break the law by harming suspects, who under our system, are innocent until proven guilty.

Great post.

One thing to add, re: Sheriff Joe was just found GUILTY.

Judge rules in former Sheriff Joe Arpaio's criminal...
GUILTY: Judge rules in former Sheriff Joe Arpaio's criminal cont - 3TV | CBS 5

It also would be nice if you guys were less dense.

There already is much police violence. Google the statistics and comparisons with other democracies if you're interested which you probably aren't. Police departments have acknowledged the problem themselves. The goal should be to reverse existing patterns of and tendencies toward violence and this is what Trump trampled on.

Only a moron believes any cop hearing those words is going to alter their behavior as a result

Great post.

One thing to add, re: Sheriff Joe was just found GUILTY.

Judge rules in former Sheriff Joe Arpaio's criminal...
GUILTY: Judge rules in former Sheriff Joe Arpaio's criminal cont - 3TV | CBS 5
I have no trouble with the findings of guilty: the SOB is guilty as hell.

What disturbs me is that Joe asked for a jury trial and was denied by the Judge. I do not know whether it was the law that made her rule that way, or if she had latitude yet ruled against Joe. Tough if she was worried about jury nullification. I believe that the jury is the finder of law as well as fact regardless of statutes, juries, lawyers, and judges and angels and all witnesses and God.

Only a moron believes any cop hearing those words is going to alter their behavior as a result

Exactly the point. He could have urged cops to calm down and instead he fanned the flames, giving license to bad cops to keep on being bad.

Only........you lie.

He didn't say "those in custody," he said vicious gang members who murder the rest of us.

Big difference.

Stop lying about it. It just makes you look stupid and desperate.

America is getting great again. You better choose whether you're siding with the criminals or with the rest of America.

Call me old fashioned, but I (and apparently police officials who chose to respond to Trump's idiocy) think that even "vicious gang members" are covered by the constitution. The Supreme Court appears to agree with me. You can find the constitution on line --- do us all a favor: Forward a copy to Donald.

Btw, when did America stop being great?

Call me old fashioned, but I (and apparently police officials who chose to respond to Trump's idiocy) think that even "vicious gang members" are covered by the constitution. The Supreme Court appears to agree with me. You can find the constitution on line --- do us all a favor: Forward a copy to Donald.

Their logic is that America can't be great if you have a black president

even "vicious gang members" are covered by the constitution.

Suspected "vicious gang members." Trump and his followers don't seem to understand that these are suspects.

When the criminal-coddlers like you took over.

The scum that Trump was talking about have been doing as they please for too long.

Now they die.......or die in prison if they're real lucky.

You on their side, too?

Better choose your side now and choose right or you'll end up in jail with your buddies.

Back
Top Bottom