• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rough em' Up

Humans will do terrible **** to each other when sanctioned by "authority".

In the case of the gang members he was talking about.......we can only hope.

Since he was talking (in context) about illegal alien gang members.......yeah, they're so obviously guilty it should even be obvious to Liberal bleeding hearts like yourself.

Screw'em!!! Beat their asses--kick their asses all the way back to the border. Beat their asses so bad they won't DARE to sneak back in when they get out of the Mexican hospital.

And get that wall built for the slow learners.

:2wave:

And if they do it to your innocent cousin by mistake, that's just fine, right?

How utterly un-american.

And if they do it to your innocent cousin by mistake, that's just fine, right?

How utterly un-american.

My cousin isn't an illegal alien gang member that rapes and murders.......thus that is not a concern.

But what's YOUR problem???

You love criminals? Maybe you'll really love them when you're behind bars with them.

LAW and ORDER are profoundly AMERICAN.

Since he was talking (in context) about illegal alien gang members.......yeah, they're so obviously guilty it should even be obvious to Liberal bleeding hearts like yourself.

Screw'em!!! Beat their asses--kick their asses all the way back to the border. Beat their asses so bad they won't DARE to sneak back in when they get out of the Mexican hospital.

And get that wall built for the slow learners.

:2wave:

You are saying then that any and all Hispanic people are illegal gang members who are illegal Mexicans?

My cousin isn't an illegal alien gang member that rapes and murders.......thus that is not a concern.

But what's YOUR problem???

You love criminals? Maybe you'll really love them when you're behind bars with them.

LAW and ORDER are profoundly AMERICAN.

Proof that Law and Order is profoundly America?

To what law are you referring?

You are saying then that any and all Hispanic people are illegal gang members who are illegal Mexicans?

Are you on drugs?

How do you come up with these ridiculous ideas? Are you hallucinating?

How would "gang members who murder and rape" equate to any and all Hispanics?

Good Gawd! Take your meds or something. Drink some coffee at least.

Are you on drugs?

How do you come up with these ridiculous ideas? Are you hallucinating?

You are the one who advocated for violence on people based on the assumption of guilt.

You are the one who brought Mexico and the inference of Mexicans into the conversation.

How would "gang members who murder and rape" equate to any and all Hispanics?

You tell me. You are the one advocating assumed guilt.

A aspect is money. That a wealthy suspect will mostly likely not be “roughed up” even if he kills his family. Because the cops know that he can afford high profile lawyers that can sue the police department for tons of money and maybe even get the case dismiss if something like that happen.

While words like that from the president can be more encouragement to bad cops to “rough up” poor suspect that only can afford a public defender. That even in cases their the suspect is for example suspected of lesser crimes like shop lifting. Because the police can know that the public defender can be so over worked that he can’t have time to check up the suspect claim of police brutality.

Also, I don’t think Donald Trump would talk about “roughing up” suspect if this was the reality. Especially with his own many shady dealings.

Well, it's not fake news, but, the message he is giving is great!

The triggered here are trained to explode at every little nuance their "enemy" utters, so taking the lead from their leaders in the MSM, feigned outrage is the order of hour.

Rational and intellectually sound people understand and appreciate what the President was saying.

The Police officers present understand what the President was saying.

The triggered don't have a clue what the President was saying, and only respond in Pavlovian unity when the whistles are blown.

Maybe youve forgotten that our justice system considers you innocent until proven guilty and a suspect being arrested, no matter the situation, is not yet guilty of a crime. Thus the state should not have authority to harm them more than neccessary to secure their person for trial.

Yes... EVEN FOR BROWN PEOPLE. I KNOW ITS A HARD TO ACCEPT.

effectively Trump is advocating an increase in police brutality payments. we pay billions now and he effectively advocates we spend more.

Long Island police department responds to Trump: We don't tolerate roughing up prisoners | TheHill

How Much Do Taxpayers Pay For Police Misconduct? - Police State Daily

And at the same time:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ns-orders-review-police-agreements/100009448/

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions ordered a review Monday of all police reform agreements and investigations initiated by the Justice Department, part of an effort to cut back on federal oversight of local law enforcement.

We're getting closer to that "police state" that Trump and his alt-right buddies are salivating for.

The cops smiling and applauding it was just as disturbing.

Actually, many did not. Which is encouraging:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...sing-police-brutality/?utm_term=.09fe59a927d9

Police leaders across the country moved quickly to distance themselves from — or to outright condemn — President Trump’s statements about “roughing up” people who’ve been arrested.

The swift public denunciations came as departments are under intense pressure to stamp out brutality and excessive force that can erode the relationship between officers and the people they police — and cost police chiefs their jobs.

Some police leaders worried that three sentences uttered by the president during a Long Island, N.Y., speech could upend nearly three decades of fence-mending since the 1991 Los Angeles Police Department beating of Rodney King ushered in an era of distrust of police.

More fake news this is so dam ridiculous . Get over the election !

What about the OP and the response from police leaders all over the nation do you consider fake?

Well, it's not fake news, but, the message he is giving is great!

The triggered here are trained to explode at every little nuance their "enemy" utters, so taking the lead from their leaders in the MSM, feigned outrage is the order of hour.

Rational and intellectually sound people understand and appreciate what the President was saying.

The Police officers present understand what the President was saying.

The triggered don't have a clue what the President was saying, and only respond in Pavlovian unity when the whistles are blown.

Yep, by police leaders across the country moving quickly to distance themselves from Trump's statements, it appears they've been triggered as well. It's obvious you long for the days when suspects were taken into back alleys so that police officers could act as judge, jury, and executioner. I'm sure you long for the days when the police in the south turned their back on lynchings as well. I truly pity you and those like you.

As I wrote, rational and intellectually sound people understand and appreciate what the President was saying.

There in an implication there. See if you can figure it out.

That would take some level of logical thinking.
That would get in he way of meme.

I read this yesterday in HuffPo.
I thought it was too silly to post - even for HuffPo.
It certainly does wildly expand the definition of police brutality.
How did a suspect bumping his own head getting into a cruiser become police brutality?

Bubbabgone? No - Bubba-b-wrong!

Yep, by police leaders across the country moving quickly to distance themselves from Trump's statements, it appears they've been triggered as well. It's obvious you long for the days when suspects were taken into back alleys so that police officers could act as judge, jury, and executioner. I'm sure you long for the days when the police in the south turned their back on lynchings as well. I truly pity you and those like you.

Penalty, 10 yards. Inappropriate use of the race card.:roll:

I'm aware of that, and posted several articles and statements noting the Police Chiefs, and other PD's.

It was mainly about those in the audience and those behind Trump who provided that sickening display.

I've learned since these were newly minted cadets. I sure hope these greenies who were cheering learned a thing or two since their Yay! Ruff Em! Trump slurp.

Alas, probably not.

I'm aware of that, and posted several articles and statements noting the Police Chiefs, and other PD's.

It was mainly about those in the audience and those behind Trump who provided that sickening display.

I've learned since these were newly minted cadets. I sure hope these greenies who were cheering learned a thing or two since their Yay! Ruff Em! Trump slurp.

Alas, probably not.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe one of the common symbols on police uniforms was shield.

That is supposed to define their role: to serve and protect?

Back
Top Bottom