• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rough em' Up

Suspected "vicious gang members." Trump and his followers don't seem to understand that these are suspects.

And we "suspect" the "suspects" are going to get roughed up before they go to the prison hospital and then back home to Mexico after they serve some time.

A little roughing up will ensure they stay the hell in Mexico this time.

:lamo

Suffolk County Police Department said in a statement...

A Boston Police Department statement...

In New York, Police Commissioner James O'Neill said...

The head of the New York City agency tasked with investigating complaints against officers...

The Gainesville, Florida, police department said on Facebook...

A Los Angeles police spokesman, Mike Lopez, said...

The Portland Police Bureau in Oregon expressed...

The International Association of Chiefs of Police issued a statement...

Jim Bueermann, the president of the nonprofit Police Foundation, which works to improve policing, said...

Police push back against Trump's law-and-order speech - CNNPolitics.com

White House response to widespread condemnation...

President Donald Trump, according to his White House spokeswoman, was joking on Friday when he told police officers to be "rough" with suspects, comments that were rebuked by police departments across the country.

"I believe he was making a joke at the time," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told reporters when asked if Trump had a response to the critiques.

Spokeswoman: Trump 'joking' when he told police to be 'rough' on suspects - CNNPolitics.com

Just joking! :lamo

And we "suspect" the "suspects" are going to get roughed up before they go to the prison hospital and then back home to Mexico after they serve some time.

Suspects get a trial/hearing and may be released.

I thought people in the "Land of Logic" understood that. Are you sure you're not from the neighboring "Land of Irrationality?" Because there's no rational way to defend the president's comments/joke. They are universally condemned.

I hope you are being sarcastic.
We must treat everyone like a human being, unless we have to defend ourselves. Roughing up people you know nothing about just because you suspect something? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Would you not expect the same courtesy?
Give Trump all the benefit of the doubt you want and support him when he does what is right, but please don't condone unnecessary violence, because that is what it amounts to. Our leos have a bad rep as it is, why add to it and make people distrust them more? We argue that police are good people who are doing their job and are keeping us safe. They can do that without turning into the bullies many have accused them of being. What the hell is wrong with people?

Most of us weren't laughing, and Trump wasn't hired as a stand up comic.

It was clearly not a joke. The excuse is childish lying.

I......... What the hell is wrong with people?

It's not that there's anything WRONG with people........

It's that the people are tired of being threatened and endangered by thugs.

Very tired. We never used to have this problem when America was great. Thugs got their asses kicked.

And America is becoming great again.

It was clearly not a joke. The excuse is childish lying.

The best part is when all his supporters load up on the 'it was a joke' story, and in a day or two, Trump is going to tweet that it wasn't a joke.

Then they all will scramble for a new story and pretend the first one never existed.

The best part is when all his supporters load up on the 'it was a joke' story, and in a day or two, Trump is going to tweet that it wasn't a joke.

Then they all will scramble for a new story and pretend the first one never existed.

So true. I bet it happens.

When the criminal-coddlers like you took over.

The scum that Trump was talking about have been doing as they please for too long.

Now they die.......or die in prison if they're real lucky.

You on their side, too?

Better choose your side now and choose right or you'll end up in jail with your buddies.

Haven't seen such lynch mob rhetoric in years, plus I see you haven't looked up the constitution yet. I suppose you'll be putting their lawyers in jail, too.

More fake news this is so dam ridiculous . Get over the election !

When did you effectively go blank upstairs. Donald Trump said the thing this article said. He said them on TV. There is video. What kind off life have you had where something you see ding dang blame in front off your obtuse self couldn't say that's there. Who talks about the election. Your boy you dang incapacitate. His dumb self lied about it the day after and cries about Hillary and Comey every day on Twitter. People are telling him to shut up because he won and it over. AND HE WON'T! Go ahead and assume I put on a white pants suit laced up my steeltoes and marched for Clinton. But dang man believeing that about me don't endanger my country like thinking what you think about news and politics does.

As noted elsewhere, when the head of state says that cops should get violent, that is a bad sign. It goes back to the 12th century, when Henry II wondered whether someone would rid him of a "troublesome priest," meaning Thomas Becket. The cops of the day killed Becket. Centuries later idiot sheriff Arpaio in Arizona cost his county millions by similar comments.

Words matter. Cops were the ones "triggered" by Trump's dumb musings and, being more law-abiding than the president, condemned his advice that they break the law by harming suspects, who under our system, are innocent until proven guilty.

The "head of state" did not tell cops to get violent.

As I've written a number of times now, rational and intellectually sound people understand what the President said. The officers understood what the President said.

As I've written a number of times now, rational and intellectually sound people understand what the President said. The officers understood what the President said.

Inciting to violence is not a good trait in a president

Haven't seen such lynch mob rhetoric in years, plus I see you haven't looked up the constitution yet. I suppose you'll be putting their lawyers in jail, too.

Don't worry about lawyers.......worry about yourself if you side with the criminals against the rest of us.

Siding with the gang bangers is colluding with them. Fine word, Collusion.

Choose the right side and stay out of jail. You'll find that your criminal friends are not so lovable when you're in a cell with them.

How do you explain the police chiefs who objected?

Don't worry about lawyers.......worry about yourself if you side with the criminals against the rest of us.

Choose the right side and stay out of jail. You'll find that your criminal friends are not so lovable when you're in a cell with them.

I'll make it simple. 1- open a new tab, 2- go to Google.com, 3- Enter "US Constitution", 4- scroll down to the amendments, 5- check out numbers 5,6,8, and 14. 6- if you are still not convinced, call up your local DA office and ask them how they would go about putting me in the same jail cell as my criminal friends as punishment for quoting the constitution.

Or are you posting from Saudi Arabia, the Philippines, or have you time traveled back to Mississippi in the 1930s?

call up your local DA office and ask them how they would go about putting me in the same jail cell as my criminal friends as punishment for quoting the constitution.

Not for posting your silly opinions about the Constitution.......for your support of criminals who endanger the rest of us.

You seem undecided about which side you're on......the criminals or the rest of us good citizens.

Not for posting your silly opinions about the Constitution.......for your support of criminals who endanger the rest of us.

You seem undecided about which side you're on......the criminals or the rest of us good citizens.

Why do you hate the rule of law?

I am on the side of law and order. Arrest someone. Try them. If guilty, sentence them. That's how the system works. The police agree with me, it seems. The Trump version: people used to be taken out on stretchers... if you get arrested for violence... I'll pay your legal fees... police should commit crimes against suspects. Trump believes in his version of order, not law. He is no different morally than the guys who organized lynch mobs.

But let's get personal: you or your kid gets arrested in Central Park after a woman is raped... The cops rough you up and lie and intimidate you into confessing. Some rich jerk takes out full page ads demanding the return of the death penalty. You spend years in prison for a crime you didn't commit. You get cleared when another guy confesses and DNA confirms your innocence. Trump says, well, you did other things, but you were never arrested before. You chose the "right side" despite living in a tough neighborhood, yet spent years in jail. When politicians like Donald say "law and order," their mantra is, "better 100 innocents get jailed rather than a guilty man go free," the reverse of the American legal ethic.

Read "At the hands of persons unknown," a book about lynch culture in the US, to understand Trumps idiocy about law enforcement. Thank goodness we now have cops who reject this ideology, and, for the most part, enforce order without breaking the law.

I am on the side of law and order. Arrest someone. Try them. If guilty, sentence them. That's how the system works. The police agree with me, it seems. The Trump version: people used to be taken out on stretchers... if you get arrested for violence... I'll pay your legal fees... police should commit crimes against suspects. Trump believes in his version of order, not law. He is no different morally than the guys who organized lynch mobs.

But let's get personal: you or your kid gets arrested in Central Park after a woman is raped... The cops rough you up and lie and intimidate you into confessing. Some rich jerk takes out full page ads demanding the return of the death penalty. You spend years in prison for a crime you didn't commit. You get cleared when another guy confesses and DNA confirms your innocence. Trump says, well, you did other things, but you were never arrested before. You chose the "right side" despite living in a tough neighborhood, yet spent years in jail. When politicians like Donald say "law and order," their mantra is, "better 100 innocents get jailed rather than a guilty man go free," the reverse of the American legal ethic.

Read "At the hands of persons unknown," a book about lynch culture in the US, to understand Trumps idiocy about law enforcement. Thank goodness we now have cops who reject this ideology, and, for the most part, enforce order without breaking the law.

You mean well, but you're babbling.

I don't get arrested and if I did they'd be talking to my extremely good and extremely expensive lawyer.

You should be agitating for better legal reps for ghetto dwellers, not worrying about me.

You mean well, but you're babbling.

I don't get arrested and if I did they'd be talking to my extremely good and extremely expensive lawyer.

You should be agitating for better legal reps for ghetto dwellers, not worrying about me.

I do tend to babble, but we were talking about what happens before the lawyer shows up. That's the police abuse Trump seemed to endorse. My own experience with NY cops varied from the deplorable and life-threatening to utterly charming and polite. Again, glad we have a constitution.

I do tend to babble, but we were talking about what happens before the lawyer shows up. That's the police abuse Trump seemed to endorse. My own experience with NY cops varied from the deplorable and life-threatening to utterly charming and polite. Again, glad we have a constitution.

Trump said nothing about abuse.

He just said there's no need to be so gentle with violent killers.

That has NOTHING to do with the Constitution.

Try to stop extrapolating.

Back
Top Bottom