• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney campaign blunders again

False Premise. The appropriate response when our flag is burning, americans are being murdered, and a black al qaeda like flag is being raised in it's place is not APOLOGIZE FOR FREE SPEECH. WTF part of "Coordinated attack on 9/11" do you not understand?

You're some campaign shill typing nonsense. Romney wasn't acting political. He was acting Presidential when the PRESIDENT was silent and nowhere to be found AS OUR FLAG BURNED, AS AMERICANS WERE BEING MURDERED, AS A BLACK AL QAEDA LIKE FLAG WAS BEING RAISED IN ITS PLACE. I don't care how many times I have to shout that in your faces. It's irrefutable truth that you can't deny. You have to shamelessly and LAUGHABLY attempt to try and spin this as a 'gaffe" when it was the WH who did WHAT as our flag was burning?

I agree which is why I finally blew a sigh of relief when one of the men (Romney) running to be president took the steering wheel away from the incompetent moron (Obama) that was doing nothing and giving mixed signals, apologizing, dithering, being Obama. Today Romney became President of the United States.

Obama went to sleep not knowing what was happening there

Christopher Stevens, U.S. ambassador to Libya, killed in Benghazi - latimes.com

Have a great day :2wave:
Again, the state department quote we're talking about was not released "as our flag was burning" It was released before anything happened.

You're accusing the President of apologizing for an act that hadn't yet occurred while also maintaining that he had no idea what's going on.

Remember though how quick Obama was hogging all the credit for Bin LAden. When one of ours gets killed, and he has not provided plenty of safety for the dead guy, suddenly he takes no credit.

Complete horse****. He gave a speech that was endless praise for the hard work done by the intelligence community and military forces involved.

But hey, keep making political hay out of the death of good Americans.

Again, the state department quote we're talking about was not released "as our flag was burning" It was released before anything happened.

You're accusing the President of apologizing for an act that hadn't yet occurred while also maintaining that he had no idea what's going on.

These people think the President has a giant dial in his office that controls gas prices. And that a President would use that power to raise gas prices. Because that would help election chances. Right.

Last edited:
Obama defied the constitution to go to war against the former government of Libya and behalf of radical and violent revolutionaries. The deaths of our fellow Americans yesterday is the result of Obama's blunder in doing so.

You might as well say the same about the U.S. because we were attacked on 911. Neither the people or the Govt. of Libya were behind or supported the assault on the Embassy. You are blaming them?
How sad..

You are a very fearful person then. Hiding under your bed probably won't be enough, you should start on the bunker. Repeat after me--there will be another Republican President sometime in the future.

One can dream can't they?
Seriously, the GOP is going to have to change quite a bit after this election so who knows. As long as his advisors are not full of Neocons like Romney's staff. They can't wait to have our troops marching back to the middle east so fast it would make your head spin.

Sorry libs you're not going to be able to shift the narrative with projection

Obama apologized as our flag burned, our citizens were murdered, and a black al qaeda flag was was raised in it's place

This was a coordinated attack on 9/11. Obama is a disgrace not fit to be president

I didn't heat Obama apologize for anything. He did call for more religious sensitivity, which I think needs to take place. But he didn't apologize for anything. I think the religious right needs to tone it down. They are inciting violence with their anti Muslim rhetoric.

You are blatantly lying and it's shameful

The 4 dead Americans deserve your apology

FOR STARTERS PAY ATTENTION: US ambassador to Libya, Chris Stevens, and 3 other Americans killed in protest over film ridiculing Prophet Mohammed - NYPOST.com

TRIPOLI, Libya — US officials are increasingly suspicious that the murder Tuesday of the US ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three other American officials was not the result of a protest against an anti-Islam film, but instead was a coordinated terror strike timed for the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Let's go over the facts:

Exclusive: No Record of Intel Briefings for Obama Week Before Embassy Attacks

Sources Says Death of U.S. Ambassador Was Planned Attack - :: Cincinnati news story :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati

Now let's go over the time line. You disgust me with your dishonesty.

1. There were threats to the Embassy Reported on Monday: The PJ Tatler » Jihadis Threaten to Burn U.S. Embassy in Cairo

2. Here is the first response from the Obama Administration

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims (< hurt their feelings? Are you kidding me right now?) — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions,” the embassy in Cairo said in a statement.

“Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

These were coordinated attacks on the anniversary of 9/11. Obama apologizes. Now let's get to the timing you are lying about. I followed this story yesterday for the entire day. You are blatantly lying and it needs to stop.

3. Romney blasts the apology

Romney blasts Obama in wake of embassy attacks - NYPOST.com

The GOP nominee offered no regret for criticizing the president in the midst of an unfolding international crisis. "It's never too early to condemn attacks on Americans and to defend our values," Romney said... Romney condemned the violent protests and expressed condolences to the families of those slain in Libya, including the U.S. ambassador there. He said that instead of speaking out forcefully against the initial Egyptian breach, the U.S. Embassy in Cairo had seemed to sympathize with the attacks by issuing a statement that he called "akin to an apology."

4. Obama condemns Romney before denouncing the terrorists

Obama Camp Condemns Mitt Romney Before Our Attackers In Egypt, Libya

5. 8 hours later we finally hear from Obama about the attacks. He went to bed last night without even bothering to found out how events were unfolding on the ground. Leadership.

6. The US Embassy "stood by their apology" for 9 hours after the statement was made and the flag was burned, americans were killed, and a black al qaeda like flag was raised in place our smoldering flag on sovereign american soil

US Embassy in Cairo quietly deletes its ‘we stand by our condemnation’ tweet; Update: More deleted tweets! | Twitchy

The WH after many hours disavowed the apology finally. The exact same thing Romney did, except Romney was the leader. Obama was the follower.

Obama administration disavows Cairo 'apology' - POLITICO.com

You are being lied to and believing in the false narrative being spun by Obama's activists and lackeys in the MSM. The US Embassy deleted tweets. Too bad for them and for you the internet is forever.

US Embassy In Cairo Deletes Controversial Tweets

enhanced-buzz-30927-1347421365-0.jpg

enhanced-buzz-9846-1347421339-1.jpg

U.S. Embassy in Cairo chooses Sep. 11 to apologize for hurt Muslim feelings; Hours later, angry Egyptian mob storms compound; Embassy stands by its apology; White House disavows it | Twitchy

You owe those Americans who died over there an apology. Their memory was dishonored by the Obama Administration. Obama today compared his Campaign Workers to the Americans that were murdered.

Obama compares his campaign volunteers to embassy staff killed in Libya | WashingtonExaminer.com

Hillary Clinton needs to resign effective immediately

State Department: Hillary Responsible For Security Failures

THis situation is fast unraveling for the Obama Administration. Romney stepped up when this nation was under attack and stood up for our Founding Principles and Rights given to us under our Constitution. On the anniversary of 9/11 when our flags are getting torched all over the ME the last thing we needed was an apology from our president.

The poor Palestinians, victims of the evil jews, burning your flag

Palestinians burn a U.S. flag during a protest against what they say is a film being produced in the U.S. that was insulating the Prophet Mohammad, in Gaza City | View photo - Yahoo! News

Now shoo :2wave:

Bush left us ignorant and unprotected as terrorists trained and flew jets into our buildings killing 1000's. Now Romney is hiring the same people as his advisors. That is the disgrace. Never again.

So when will Obama go after the terrorists who attacked us on 9/11?

We cant have this turd as President.:(

<The Romney condemnation—issued prior to official confirmation of Ambassador Steven’s death—stated, “I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi.>

<These words were uttered at the time when the families of our fellow countrymen were being notified of the terrible fate that had befallen their loved ones.>

The Lost Soul Of Mitt Romney - Forbes

"Bizarre Gaffe ridden trip"? Really? Of course, these "foreign policy hands" certainly don't have anything at stake in the election.

Let's be honest, it's not like Romney and Obama don't have at least similar foreign policy experience.

... not even close. Romney has near ZERO foreign policy experience. Obama has been POTUS for four years. Its fair to say that Romney's current foreign policy is similar to that of Obama when he ran for POTUS.... but that is not what is at stake in this election. Romney is four years away, in the best of circumstance for him, of having comparable experience. He remains a rookie vis a vis a veteran.

Last edited:
Hey Bronson, you're a ****ing moron. If you think posting 13 links along with twitter statements and your lung screaming condemnation of Obama gives you credibility, it doesn't. Even some of the most rabid conservative supporters are walking away from Romney on this. You can lie and create your own fantasy world all you want, but you're likely only convincing yourself, get on medication or leave politics, its not for you.

Hey Bronson, you're a ****ing moron. If you think posting 13 links along with twitter statements and your lung screaming condemnation of Obama gives you credibility, it doesn't. Even some of the most rabid conservative supporters are walking away from Romney on this. You can lie and create your own fantasy world all you want, but you're likely only convincing yourself, get on medication or leave politics, its not for you.

So sad when someone goes on google/facebook/twitter/wherever to find something that COMES KINDA CLOSE to the point they were trying to make and post a wall of text that someone else had and beats his own chest as if it were his thoughts.:(

... not even close. Romney has near ZERO foreign policy experience. Obama has been POTUS for four years. Its fair to say that Romney's current foreign policy is similar to that of Obama when he ran for POTUS.... but that is not what is at stake in this election. Romney is four years away, in the best of circumstance for him, of having comparable experience. He remains a rookie vis a vis a veteran.

Yes, at comparable periods. The main issue is that other than the 3-1/2 years in office, I'm don't see that Obama had any experience doing much of anything. As for foreign policy experience, yes it is helpful, but clearly Clinton demonstrated that it wasn't critical.

I wish I knew what our foreign policy is today regarding anyone. I may be missing something but an ambassador being killed on 9/11/12 doesn't give me much hope that there is a policy/strategy. Announcing the closure of Guantanamo Bay Detention Center was a clear foreign policy statement. I didn't agree with it, but at least it was clear.

You mean their leader Bin Laden---Done!

President Bush handed over to Obama the man who planned 911 and caused it to be executed. The man lives and eats well and is treated very well at Gitmo. Bush had him ready for trial.

Inquiring minds want to know why he has not been put on trial and Obama has had over 3.5 years to get the job done.

Now, since the question has been posed,how could Bush leave us undefended, .... my reply is how could Obama leave the embassy in Libya undefended and why was Cairo shooting off their face ahead of the attack?

Keep trying to convince yourself of that. You have this whole fantasy-based narrative going on across the liberal, obama cheerleading sites and you're taking that for actual reality. It's fine when you keep it to yourselves, but laughable when you try to bring it into the public light.

Keep trying to convince yourself of that. You have this whole fantasy-based narrative going on across the liberal, obama cheerleading sites and you're taking that for actual reality. It's fine when you keep it to yourselves, but laughable when you try to bring it into the public light.
When you have PEGGY NOONAN saying Romney "didn't do himself any favors" and that he "looked weak", one ought to reconsider defending Romney on this gaff.

Absolutely nobody I've talked to outside of this site thinks that Romney was in the right here.

Your post is a disgrace...

I'de say 4 years as President would give Obama the edge. From the polls, most Americans do too. Besides, I could never feel safe with a Republican after Bush and 911.

As a LibDem your stance as an APOLOGIST & DEFENDER of IslamoFacsist Swine, our avowed ENEMY is noted.

Naturally, since Obama's actions are UNEQUIVOCAL APOLOGIES and therefore DEFEND the ISLAMOFASCIST SWINE instead of being CLEAR AND UNAMBIGUOUS CONDEMNATION of their actions COUPLED WITH A RETRACTION of ~$BILLION AID ...... your being a LibDEM is a logical result.

Bush left us ignorant and unprotected as terrorists trained and flew jets into our buildings killing 1000's. Now Romney is hiring the same people as his advisors. That is the disgrace. Never again.
Those terrorists you speak of. Who was president when they moved here? Trained here? Who presided over the intel agencies that ignored the reports of suspicious activities.

You are pathetic.

Absolutely nobody I've talked to outside of this site thinks that Romney was in the right here.

For an avowed Lefty (according to your avatar) your comments get the credibility they deserve.

Back
Top Bottom