• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney campaign blunders again

After Romney's bizarre gaffe ridden trips abroad now this. If he can't even handle foreign policy as a candidate, how would it be with him as President?

Foreign Policy Hands Voice Disbelief At Romney Cairo Statement

"Bizarre Gaffe ridden trip"? Really? Of course, these "foreign policy hands" certainly don't have anything at stake in the election.

Let's be honest, it's not like Romney and Obama don't have at least similar foreign policy experience.

"Bizarre Gaffe ridden trip"? Really? Of course, these "foreign policy hands" certainly don't have anything at stake in the election.

Let's be honest, it's not like Romney and Obama don't have at least similar foreign policy experience.

You can complain about the liberal source sure, but it doesn't change the fact they blew it, big time. The media everywhere is exploding all over Romney's face.

When You Learn They’re Not Ready | TPM Editors Blog

Obama looks like a president while Romney looks like an amateur fool.

This is probably the nail in the coffin.

You can complain about the liberal source sure, but it doesn't change the fact they blew it, big time. The media everywhere is exploding all over Romney's face.

When You Learn They’re Not Ready | TPM Editors Blog

Obama looks like a president while Romney looks like an amateur fool.

This is probably the nail in the coffin.

Sorry libs you're not going to be able to shift the narrative with projection

Obama apologized as our flag burned, our citizens were murdered, and a black al qaeda flag was was raised in it's place

This was a coordinated attack on 9/11. Obama is a disgrace not fit to be president

I'de say 4 years as President would give Obama the edge. From the polls, most Americans do too. Besides, I could never feel safe with a Republican after Bush and 911.

Obama apologized as our flag burned, our citizens were murdered, and a black al qaeda flag was was raised in it's place

This was a coordinated attack on 9/11. Obama is a disgrace not fit to be president

Bush left us ignorant and unprotected as terrorists trained and flew jets into our buildings killing 1000's. Now Romney is hiring the same people as his advisors. That is the disgrace. Never again.

I'de say 4 years as President would give Obama the edge. From the polls, most Americans do too. Besides, I could never feel safe with a Republican after Bush and 911.

That could swing dramatically. As the facts of this emerge, some of this could be rather damning to Obama. According to his schedule, he hasn't had an intelligence briefing in over a week. Regardless of whether they contained anything related, still looks really bad. Another, why the hell was the Ambassador to Libya not at a consulate secured by Marines? There was virtually no protective detail at all as this was an interim consulate. So we allow an Ambassador to run around an unstable country without protection?

What blunder?

Bush left us ignorant and unprotected as terrorists trained and flew jets into our buildings killing 1000's. Now Romney is hiring the same people as his advisors. That is the disgrace. Never again.

When a liberal is cornered all they can do is blame Bush and run

Clinton was handed Bin Laden on a platter 3 times as president and he did nothing. Obama had HIM give a keynote speech at his convention

You f*** with the bull you get the horns

Obama defied the constitution to go to war against the former government of Libya and behalf of radical and violent revolutionaries. The deaths of our fellow Americans yesterday is the result of Obama's blunder in doing so.

I sure go along with you.

Romney was not one bit happy over the way Obama handled himself yesterday. By today Obama changed his tune.

By the way, want to know why democrats despised Bush? Some of it was due to Florida. Some of it was they pay close attention the media and we know the media can't stand republicans.

PBS is a shill for Obama. I never expected to believe this. Sadly it's gone downhill fast once Jim got out of the limelight.

Facts matter, hence Mitt Romney's problem.

The US embacy issued a statement condemning the inflammatory nature of the movie hours before the attack. This was an appropriate response to try and quell the growing tensions.

Then as Americans were under attack, on 9/11, and after promising to respect the dignity of the fallen by not engaging in politics; Romney condemned the President for the state departments statement, claiming that it was made during the attacks.... Even though it was made BEFORE any attacks took place.

Timing is important. It's one thing to tell a guy who sucker punched you that you sympathize with his plight. It's another thing entirely to say the same thing before any punches are thrown.

I'm sorry, but Romney knows NOTHING about foreign policy. Worse yet, he fancy's himself an expert.

I feel bad for all of the serious Republicans.

That could swing dramatically. As the facts of this emerge, some of this could be rather damning to Obama. According to his schedule, he hasn't had an intelligence briefing in over a week. Regardless of whether they contained anything related, still looks really bad. Another, why the hell was the Ambassador to Libya not at a consulate secured by Marines? There was virtually no protective detail at all as this was an interim consulate. So we allow an Ambassador to run around an unstable country without protection?

Aw come on. Now you are talking like the Democrats did daily about Bush. LOL

Similar foreign policy experience? Would you care to explain that?

Goes to show just how out of touch with reality some of the R's on this forum are. Even Fox news and conservative AM radio are blown away trying to patch up the Romney campaign's catastrophic miscalculation.

This very well could be the deciding moment of the election in which he is finished, yet some of you incredibly are actually thinking Obama is in trouble. You may want to read up and look at all the facts because there was a lot of misinformation in the beginning, that is also part of how Romney screwed up so bad, acting on bad / incomplete / hasty information is a freshman mistake, then you should see what actually happened and why this is such a big deal.

Facts matter, hence Mitt Romney's problem.

The US embacy issued a statement condemning the inflammatory nature of the movie hours before the attack. This was an appropriate response to try and quell the growing tensions.

False Premise. The appropriate response when our flag is burning, americans are being murdered, and a black al qaeda like flag is being raised in it's place is not APOLOGIZE FOR FREE SPEECH. WTF part of "Coordinated attack on 9/11" do you not understand?

Then as Americans were under attack, on 9/11, and after promising to respect the dignity of the fallen by not engaging in politics; Romney condemned the President for the state departments statement, claiming that it was made during the attacks.... Even though it was made BEFORE any attacks took place.

You're some campaign shill typing nonsense. Romney wasn't acting political. He was acting Presidential when the PRESIDENT was silent and nowhere to be found AS OUR FLAG BURNED, AS AMERICANS WERE BEING MURDERED, AS A BLACK AL QAEDA LIKE FLAG WAS BEING RAISED IN ITS PLACE. I don't care how many times I have to shout that in your faces. It's irrefutable truth that you can't deny. You have to shamelessly and LAUGHABLY attempt to try and spin this as a 'gaffe" when it was the WH who did WHAT as our flag was burning?

Timing is important. It's one thing to tell a guy who sucker punched you that you sympathize with his plight. It's another thing entirely to say the same thing before any punches are thrown.

I agree which is why I finally blew a sigh of relief when one of the men (Romney) running to be president took the steering wheel away from the incompetent moron (Obama) that was doing nothing and giving mixed signals, apologizing, dithering, being Obama. Today Romney became President of the United States.

I'm sorry, but Romney knows NOTHING about foreign policy. Worse yet, he fancy's himself an expert.

I feel bad for all of the serious Republicans.

Obama went to sleep not knowing what was happening there

Christopher Stevens, U.S. ambassador to Libya, killed in Benghazi - latimes.com

Have a great day :2wave:

Please show me exactly where and how Obama apologized.

Aw come on. Now you are talking like the Democrats did daily about Bush. LOL

Caught that did ya? At least for the first part. :mrgreen:

As for the second, I'm utterly baffled as to why the Ambassador would be at an interim consulate with little to no protection in an unstable country. This isn't the British, French or even the Chinese consulate, this a consulate in a country that just toppled its government and its stability is about on par with a house of cards.

Caught that did ya? At least for the first part. :mrgreen:

As for the second, I'm utterly baffled as to why the Ambassador would be at an interim consulate with little to no protection in an unstable country. This isn't the British, French or even the Chinese consulate, this a consulate in a country that just toppled its government and its stability is about on par with a house of cards.

Yes I did catch it. I love humor.

As to the second, I agree. Say that happened to Bush. Democrats would eat him alive blaming him for the lack of safety. Since it is Obama, they want to blame Romney. Same old pile of dog poo poo.
Even the Media refuses to hold Obama accountable for any of this. They want all the blame put onto Romney.

They were killed on Obama's watch. Romney was right to go after Golf's most presidential enthusiest.

Remember though how quick Obama was hogging all the credit for Bin LAden. When one of ours gets killed, and he has not provided plenty of safety for the dead guy, suddenly he takes no credit.

Remember though how quick Obama was hogging all the credit for Bin LAden. When one of ours gets killed, and he has not provided plenty of safety for the dead guy, suddenly he takes no credit.
You have to remember that it's George Bush's fault whenever anything goes south. And given the way the media's spinning this, some of the blame could very well go to Mitt Romney as well.

You have to remember that it's George Bush's fault whenever anything goes south. And given the way the media's spinning this, some of the blame could very well go to Mitt Romney as well.

As I have learned to expect from Obama, it is NEVER his fault.[

Yes I did catch it. I love humor.

As to the second, I agree. Say that happened to Bush. Democrats would eat him alive blaming him for the lack of safety. Since it is Obama, they want to blame Romney. Same old pile of dog poo poo.
Even the Media refuses to hold Obama accountable for any of this. They want all the blame put onto Romney.

In addition, security should have been heightened on 9/11 as its pretty common that these fundamentalist like dates of significance. Just baffling.

You are a very fearful person then. Hiding under your bed probably won't be enough, you should start on the bunker. Repeat after me--there will be another Republican President sometime in the future.

Back
Top Bottom