• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe should be overturned.

Why is it almost always MEN that post idiocy of this nature?

Actually, I think we all know why.

What are you talking about? Men gain the most from Roe. The woman maintains free access for copious use and he has no responsibility.

Seems the better thing would be to keep the random dicks out of those vaginas instead - or only allow in the ones that can't produce a pregnancy. And if chasing the "O" is the goal of it anyway - lots of ways to accomplish that without the risk of pregnancy. Pregnant by the "wrong man" is a common reason given for abortions - what does it say that these "wrong men" are allowed penetration in the first place?
I say when a guy hits thirteen he gets a vasectomy and if he chooses to have a family have it reversed. Why put all the onus on the woman?

I say when a guy hits thirteen he gets a vasectomy and if he chooses to have a family have it reversed. Why put all the onus on the woman?
Car
Because it is all on the woman to have an abortion or not - his "input" to the offspring isn't considered at all. If you don't care to give men some say in the matter - why put all the onus on the men? As "dangerous" as it is for a woman to be pregnant and have a baby (just one of the multitude of arguments to justify abortion) then why not sterilize baby girls from birth to save her from the torture of pregnancy in the first place?

Should it be illegal for a woman to have an abortion during the last of week of her pregnancy?

If no, then you want the government in her vagina as well.

If yes, then I applaud your consistency.
I would strongly advise against having one that late in the pregnancy. It's not that I'm for abortion and I think most have the same view I do, it's about choice.

Car
Because it is all on the woman to have an abortion or not - his "input" to the offspring isn't considered at all. If you don't care to give men some say in the matter - why put all the onus on the men? As "dangerous" as it is for a woman to be pregnant and have a baby (just one of the multitude of arguments to justify abortion) then why not sterilize baby girls from birth to save her from the torture of pregnancy in the first place?
Fine, then leave the decision on the woman and stop trying to end Roe V Wade.

I would strongly advise against having one that late in the pregnancy. It's not that I'm for abortion and I think most have the same view I do, it's about choice.

That's nice, but you didn't the question. Here it is again:

Should it be illegal for a woman to have an abortion during the last of week of her pregnancy?

I'm not the one to say. Again I will say this, I would strongly advise against it but it's not my position to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body.

Seems the better thing would be to keep the random dicks out of those vaginas instead - or only allow in the ones that can't produce a pregnancy. And if chasing the "O" is the goal of it anyway - lots of ways to accomplish that without the risk of pregnancy. Pregnant by the "wrong man" is a common reason given for abortions - what does it say that these "wrong men" are allowed penetration in the first place?

It's none of your business, just as a woman abortion is none of your business.

I'm not the one to say.

You're in a political debate forum, in a thread about abortion law, and yet you refuse to make your position on the issue clear. What a coward.
Again I will say this, I would strongly advise against it but it's not my position to tell a woman what she can and can't do with her body.

Yea, instead you want the government to do it.

If Roe vrs Wade is overturned, what will it mean?

States will write their own abortion laws. You'll be able to get an abortion in California, but not Mississippi. So women will have to drive to an abortion state.

I like the compromise. Abortions in the first trimester are okay. Second or third trimester abortions are illegal. Can't we just keep it at this?

You're in a political debate forum, in a thread about abortion law, and yet you refuse to make your position on the issue clear. What a coward.

Yea, instead you want the government to do it.
How about this, you be the ultimate judge ok tough guy? I have made it crystal clear I am for the woman making her own choice. What is it that you don't understand? Put all the time limits you want on your hypothetical situation, I'm still for a woman having the CHOICE.

Second or third trimester abortions are illegal. Can't we just keep it at this?

No exceptions? None? Medical exceptions? Life of the mother? Nothing?

Get closer to viability time frame (20-24 weeks), and allow exceptions for medical reasons, and I'll shake your hand in agreement.

States will write their own abortion laws. You'll be able to get an abortion in California, but not Mississippi. So women will have to drive to an abortion state.

I like the compromise. Abortions in the first trimester are okay. Second or third trimester abortions are illegal. Can't we just keep it at this?
Depending on the decision it could outlaw all abortions

And the real reason that it won't be overturned is because the GOP doesn't want it overturned! If Roe goes away, so does a big chunk of their constituency, the single issue evangelical christians. They have won innumerable elections at every level of government by vowing to fight to overturn Roe for the past 40 years. Without Roe, there is nothing holding them to the GOP.

Not to worry, the obsessed will always find another obsession. If Roe is overturned they will suddenly find that all women's contraceptives are really abortifacients and it's game on again to ban all effective contraceptives Condoms will be exempt and pregnancy will once again be under the control of righteous men.

Source this please. I call BS.

And 'accidental' isnt the same thing. All birth control can fail.

Today, women are just as entitled to enjoy sex, knowing they have a safer, legal option to pregnancy.

If no, then you want the government in her vagina as well.

If yes, then I applaud your consistency.
No it shouldnt and isnt in some states and all of Canada.

Know why it's just fine that it's legal? Because it never happens. And really, why would it? :rolleyes:

Are you a supporter of useless, feel-good legislation? I'm not.
(Note: there's no law forcing Drs to perform such elective abortions either. If the mother's life wasnt in danger, if a Dr objected, he wouldnt do it. )

If you believe such abortions take place, please source it.

Last edited:
Car
Not sure that makes sense...because it gives the woman the control over whether there's a kid or not. If they guy doesnt want to be a daddy, he can only be in control over that decision...and should be...by protecting himself. By abdicating that decision to the woman, a man cant really complain about her decision, can he?

Correct

Absolutely not. Women in America have the right to control their reproduction, not you. Only each individual woman knows what she needs, her health, her responsibilities and commitments to her dependents, employer, church, community, society? Who knows what may happen in all those months?

Some women have to save $$ and travel overnight for abortions....which makes it more expensive and harder to schedule. So they end up having them later....partly because anti-choice people have limited the facilities to one per (sometimes very large) state.

What if she decides to have the kid, but then is so sick during pregnancy that she cant hold a job and then feed her family? Pay the rent? Who gets to decide if she has an abortion? Is puking a lot and lack of concentration and exhaustion 'life threatening?'

How do OTHER people or the govt have any right to decide any of this for a woman? And why should any pregnant woman have to answer any questions to them, you, or the govt regarding their medical decisions?

Well we will just have to overturn the overturning of roe vs Wade

We can't have religious fanatics running our government or courts

No, it shouldn’t.

The circumstances where a woman would make a decision like that would have to be pretty catastrophic, and there’s absolutely no part of that horrible decision that is made better by the government sticking its nose in it.

So you tell me, buddy. What do you think? Do you think the government should get involved in what is probably the worst day of a woman’s life and tell her what is best for her and her family?

No, it shouldn’t.

The circumstances where a woman would make a decision like that would have to be pretty catastrophic, and there’s absolutely no part of that horrible decision that is made better by the government sticking its nose in it.

So you tell me, buddy. What do you think? Do you think the government should get involved in what is probably the worst day of a woman’s life and tell her what is best for her and her family?

Tell me, why is she capable of making this decision, which I agree would be extremely difficult, but at the same time this woman should not be allowed to decide for herself how much to work for? Why should she be restricted by a minimum wage law, if she wants to work for less?

This is the prize winning question of the anti-abortion crap purveyors. It's been answered over and over. And yet you still keep asking it. Late term abortions have to happen to save the life of the mother or prevent a fetus from living a life of chaos and pain. The only problem that exists in this set of circumstances is the intrusion of a Christian conservative with mind so sick it refuses to trust either women or doctors.

Back
Top Bottom