• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe has been overruled.

Speaking of Nazi's, how about these fine malignant narcissist scumbag grifter and seditionist supporters.

View attachment 67399149
Ooooooohhh. Scary!

...'specially the guy on the left in the blue polo and baggy shorts. Or the guy right behind him, out for a hike.

Ooooooohhh. Scary!

...'specially the guy on the left in the blue polo and baggy shorts. Or the guy right behind him, out for a hike.
They ran over a student in Charlottesville but hey I'm sure the scumbags had a good reason, Mr. internet tough guy.

They ran over a student in Charlottesville but hey I'm sure the scumbags had a good reason, Mr. internet tough guy.
Those guys?? They ran a student over with what, their office chairs?

No with a car. There was a trial and everything. Probably not on Faux News though.
If there was a trial, presumably there was a verdict. If the verdict was 'guilty' then why are they standing around in their Dockers, polo & dress shirts and baseball caps like they're waiting for the Smoked Brisket Food Truck?

Yeah, except only about 1/3th of women have an abortion during their lifetime.

So there's not much incentive for the remaining 2/3rds of women to care, since it doesn't affect them directly at all.
I am past childbearing years but I care deeply. It may affect other relatives, ( neices, cousins , grandchildren, etc)
friends, members of my ppro choice Churches , my Jewish friends etc.

I am not an island , I care deeply about woman’s health and since I have kidney damage as a result of pregnancy complications, I may be more aware of the potential health risks

( and will not turn a blind eye on ) pregnant women face health problems than the Supreme Court Justices who overturned Roe.

Last edited:
That was never a right. It's was part of another right which you alluded to in another post but still got slightly wrong.

Abortion stems from the right to privacy between a patient and their doctor to prescribe a medically valid treatment.

Sounds like a good right that people should have, yes? The problem comes when it's only ever been applied to a contraception pill and abortion and explicitly denied to things like medical marijuana.

It was a fake right to begin with a legal loophole to move progress faster than society was ready for, RGB has even said something similar.

No one should have ever supported Roe, but people should support the right to privacy between a patient and their doctor to prescribe a medically valid treatment.

What about the rest of our rights recognized under the 9th Amendment? Also not valid? Or also should be left up to the states?

What about the rest of our rights recognized under the 9th Amendment? Also not valid? Or also should be left up to the states?

If they are applied in a broad and consistent manner I don't think there is any issue.

Why is abortion what?

Then why shouldnt abortion continue to be protected by the 9th Amendment like the others protected by the 9th? How does it not fit what you described?

Then why shouldnt abortion continue to be protected by the 9th Amendment like the others protected by the 9th? How does it not fit what you described?

I literally explained it in the first post you responded to

That was never a right. It's was part of another right which you alluded to in another post but still got slightly wrong.

Abortion stems from the right to privacy between a patient and their doctor to prescribe a medically valid treatment.

Sounds like a good right that people should have, yes? The problem comes when it's only ever been applied to a contraception pill and abortion and explicitly denied to things like medical marijuana.

It was a fake right to begin with a legal loophole to move progress faster than society was ready for, RGB has even said something similar.

No one should have ever supported Roe, but people should support the right to privacy between a patient and their doctor to prescribe a medically valid treatment.

With hate-filled labels like this proliferating as they are, certain self-appointed "Neros" on the left are apparently looking ahead, erecting their stakes, gathering animal hides, tar and torches, and readying themselves for their next "righteous" cause.

...and that isn't hypocrisy?
Yet you say nothing about hate filled labels toward pro choicers....

I literally explained it in the first post you responded to

It's a 9th Amendment protected right...or was. You didnt explain why it no longer is considered that. You didnt explain what the legal loophole is/was. I dont know, please explain? They didnt invent anything. Did they invent a right to consensual sex? To reproduce? But I will address what you wrote specifically (altho I've previously posted it):

Abortion is safer than pregnancy/childbirth
It's a decision that came about once the medical procedure was proven safer than giving birth. Once abortion was a much safer procedure, there was no longer any foundation for banning it electively, in the guise of 'protecting women.' (Historically, abortion was dangerous even in medical situations) The decision was not about protecting the unborn. And they were unequivocal about that. (court decision quotes available on request)​
The state can regulate medical procedures. What legal basis does it have to deny a much safer medical procedure to women? The unborn has no legal status the state/fed is obligated to protect. It is obligated to protect women and our Const. rights.
In the case of abortion the state, according to RvW, cannot deny a woman a procedure that is safer in order to protect the unborn life. The procedure is safer...there's no legal or Constitutional justification for the govt to force women to remain in more danger to save the life of another. Esp. when that the life has no legal standing that supersedes her rights.

--and--

Why would there need to be a right to abortion?
Because it was needed **to protect women** To enable them to choose something much safer than pregnancy/childbirth...there would be no need to protect women's right to bodily autonomy, medical privacy (health decisions), and due process if some states were not denying women those protections recognized under federal law (the Const). The RvW decision clarified women are entitled to those protections. States may not supersede that.
RvW specifically decided that states may not ban the safer medical procedure of elective abortion. The procedure was safer than pregnancy/childbirth and so they decided that women had the right to choose the safer procedure. They also referred to the 9th in the RvW decision. It's no different than a right to have consensual sex, a right to reproduce, or a right to travel from state to state. It's accorded to the people unless there are reasons to restrict or ban it. (hint: so no one 'invented it'...they just protect it unless there are reasons not to)
RvW decided that the states may not deny women a safe medical procedure if they choose it. It is much much safer than pregnancy/childbirth.​

Why should women not be allowed the safer medical procedure if they choose it? The unborn have no legal standing to affect that. The govt is obligated to protect women, and to protect our Const rights.

Why is abortion what?

States have a right to ban medical procedures that are unsafe for persons.

When states first banned abortions before Roe abortions were unsafe for women.

When Roe was decided abortions by doctors before viability were safer for the woman than pregnancy or childbirth.

Therefore states can longer declare abortions are unsafe medical procedures.

attorneys have constitutional right to privacy with their clients.

Doctors also should have a constitutional right to privacy with their patients.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...e-damage-done-before-roe-2008jun15-story.html

It is important to remember that Roe v. Wade did not mean that abortions could be performed. They have always been done, dating from ancient Greek days.

What Roe said was that ending a pregnancy could be carried out by medical personnel, in a medically accepted setting, thus conferring on women, finally, the full rights of first-class citizens — and freeing their doctors to treat them as such.

Like Jan 6 was peaceful....

No buildings burned, no one raped, no cops killed. No one had firearms (not much of an insurrection without guns)

Compared to the average outing of the democrat's Kristallnacht - it was very peaceful.

What did democrat Brownshirts kill, 39 cops. At Chaz/Chop democrat Brown Shirts raped 19 people, including a homeless man? I get it, rape is a democrat tradition. democrats caused a trillion dollars in damage with the Kristallnacht.

BUH THE REICHSTAG PROSTERS TOOK SELFIES - INSURRECTIFIED

No buildings burned, no one raped, no cops killed. No one had firearms (not much of an insurrection without guns)

Compared to the average outing of the democrat's Kristallnacht - it was very peaceful.

What did democrat Brownshirts kill, 39 cops. At Chaz/Chop democrat Brown Shirts raped 19 people, including a homeless man? I get it, rape is a democrat tradition. democrats caused a trillion dollars in damage with the Kristallnacht.

BUH THE REICHSTAG PROSTERS TOOK SELFIES - INSURRECTIFIED
Have no idea what you are babbling about.

People did die at the insurrection of Jan 6 and there were injuries and property damage. They were trying to get to Mike Pence to kill him. Neither side can claim the high ground.

Do you believe that these medically required procedures to save the woman's life will be banned?
There seems to be no indication of this.
What proof of this implied ban can you present?

What is the percentage of abortion cases which have these medical conditions? More than 1%? More than 2%?

This is vastly different than the 'up to the last minute before birth', or even post-birth, abortion that some on the left are demanding as a 'Constitutional Right' (where in the constitution, exactly?)

Another inaccurate comparison the left keeps making is how much advanced and permissive the EU nations are in abortion legislation. This is a lie. In comparison, the US is already far more permissive WRT abortion limitations than the EU nations are, most of which have settled around the 10 to 15 weeks gestation limitation, where as 20 weeks for most of the US.

The unavoidable conclusion from all this is that the left is arguing in bad faith, inventing rights which aren't specified, and claiming bans which aren't going to happen, and claiming statistics which are not accurate nor true.

How can you possibly trust such people and what they say? What they claim? You simply can't. Better bring you hard, impartial science data going forward. You've simply run out of allotment of credibility through excessive partisan abuse.

Back
Top Bottom